Ava Duvernay wrote an interracial love movie "Origin", we supporting our sista?

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Wait, this movie is supposed to be based off the book Caste by Isabella Wilkerson. The Pulitzer Prize winning author of the masterpiece book The Warmth of Other Suns. Caste literally goes into detail about the development of the black CASTE system in the US. How the fukk did she manage to write a white love story into this?

I’m glad I never watched this bullshyt and I’ll never watch anything she makes ever again. This is sickening.

Because the movie is about Isabel Wilkerson, who was married to a white guy

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s absolutely remarkable. This site is the epicenter of PAWG theory and folks are clutching pearls about a movie that BRIEFLY centers on a true interracial marriage. It’s so confusing. I encourage everyone to consider reading the book AND see the film.

Caste was a brilliant book. I’ll pass on the movie :francis:

Still, The Warmth of Other Suns is one of the greatest non fiction books of the 21st century.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
"A wenchle in time 2"
Featuring Treyvon Martin:blessed:

Ain't nobody that damn fine to pull these kinda stunts:camby:
2ae7c3eb1a4abbe1c34606b8896168aa.png

:patrice:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
What’s YouTube extras ?
Return Youtube Dislikes
Everything mentioned was adapted from the book.

I’ve read the book, which theorizes that the Indian caste system, Nazi Germany and American racism are all connected…not by racial discrimination but by a strict social order that benefits the ruling class. It’s an academic type book, so Ava dramatizes it by creating a story about the author struggling to write the book itself.

The movie is heavy, contains scenes of the middle passage, lynching, Nazi concentration camps, and disgusting things the Dalit people have to do. It weaves all these separate ideas into the author’s own tragic story. In the book, Trayvon Martin’s death inspired the author to think about American racism in a different way, so it’s not surprising it’s included in the movie.
This is the loophole the wench MC uses to justify her Ghetto Gagging. 🧐

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Guess who has to chaperone a field trip this Friday to see this?? :francis:

And they're going to have a discussion with my kids afterwards on the caste system.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This movie was decent I guess. Heavy dialogue, some interview stuff and some dramatization. It def some trauma stuff in here so if that triggers you skip it. The dialogue was way preachy but not entertaining. Needed it more like Oppenheimer where its balanced. They really try to drill America is built off the caste system and not racism. The Travon ghost criticism is silly though if you watch the film

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Wish people on this forum would stop asking dumb questions they already know the answer to

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Pack this goofy shyt up :camby:

The old feminut divestment lack of accountability, men are toxic narcissist movements are dying so viciously. Down goes color purple, now this one is dying as well. Our community just not for this shyt no more and I can't blame us. Good bye good riddance .
Color Purple was good as hell
Idk why y’all got mad at it

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I’m pretty close minded when it comes to movies so this doesn’t interest me at all