Ava Duvernay wrote an interracial love movie "Origin", we supporting our sista?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
fukk this bytch
bytch had the gall to speak negatively of Snoop Dogg after he bashed that gail king whore about her slanders to Kobe few months after his death.
Same bytch on Harvey Weinstein

Ava-Oprah-Gayle-GettyImages.jpg

fukk this fukking c*nt
Harvey’s Angels

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It sound like you want a movie version of Shadowrun also the movie bright with will smith also hit on alot of what you want replace quilt with wand and it more or less the same plot.

Yeah....but I was thinking on the level of a medieval approach, ala Elden Ring. Just some sort of dark lore mixed with current times. I'm talking the characters speak in parables, the weapons are unique but not to all over the place, and there are different clans that want the quilt (in modern takes a set, gang, etc). Just something that will bring the creativity back into black cinema. I'm begging Hollywood to dead the tropes, the corny frustrating tropes, and go beyond the means.

Hell, there's a all Asian movie on time travel, superpowers, and etc that got awards, but we are still settling for remakes, scraps, and Tubi dreams. It's 2024, we need to go beyond the box.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Pack this goofy shyt up :camby:

The old feminut divestment lack of accountability, men are toxic narcissist movements are dying so viciously. Down goes color purple, now this one is dying as well. Our community just not for this shyt no more and I can't blame us. Good bye good riddance .

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Yeah....but I was thinking on the level of a medieval approach, ala Elden Ring. Just some sort of dark lore mixed with current times. I'm talking the characters speak in parables, the weapons are unique but not to all over the place, and there are different clans that want the quilt (in modern takes a set, gang, etc). Just something that will bring the creativity back into black cinema. I'm begging Hollywood to dead the tropes, the corny frustrating tropes, and go beyond the means.

Hell, there's a all Asian movie on time travel, superpowers, and etc that got awards, but we are still settling for remakes, scraps, and Tubi dreams. It's 2024, we need to go beyond the box.
I think the Asians financed that one. We're too disorganized to control our media. We get what cacs and c00ns shyt out

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I think the Asians financed that one. We're too disorganized to control our media. We get what cacs and c00ns shyt out

Man....it hurts breh. We don't realize the power we truly have. It reminds me of the Juicy J book, where he was talking about how the Academy Awards were the worst thing to happen to him, because you would think that black folks would support him. Yet, the reality was that Will Smith hated the fact that they won an award over him, and Gail's stick up the ass sideways ass said that this was a sad day, while interviewing 3 6 about their win. Yet, cacs were all :blessed: to the victory.

Instead of maybe just maybe allowing 3 6 to do the soundscape for a Will Smith directed movie, or allow them to branch beyond the Hustle and Flow, black Hollywood shytted on them, instead of unifying like voltron. It hurts breh...

There are so many writers, actors, and etc that are going beyond the tropes...but won't see the given day because they are not accepting white folks scraps because the elite blacks keeping the shyt for themselves.

Black folks are literally fighting over a half bitten pigfoot, instead of taking those scraps and building off of it :francis: . I knew the shyt was going to be too good to be true, the moment ole boy got the okie doke with Star Wars TFA.

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
conquering north korea for nice tight asian p*ssy
Everything mentioned was adapted from the book.

I’ve read the book, which theorizes that the Indian caste system, Nazi Germany and American racism are all connected…not by racial discrimination but by a strict social order that benefits the ruling class. It’s an academic type book, so Ava dramatizes it by creating a story about the author struggling to write the book itself.

The movie is heavy, contains scenes of the middle passage, lynching, Nazi concentration camps, and disgusting things the Dalit people have to do. It weaves all these separate ideas into the author’s own tragic story. In the book, Trayvon Martin’s death inspired the author to think about American racism in a different way, so it’s not surprising it’s included in the movie.
Glad you posted this. While yes in many ways they are connected as the Jim Crow south was an influence for the Nazis. This just seems like the most heavy handed way possible of getting this point across.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So many fascinating stories to tell but it's the same garbage time and time again :francis:

Breh I can think of some off the type of my head, especially on a spiritual level. Hell, some of the situations I have endured, could easily make a Criterion type of movie.

I actually had an idea of one involving my issues with Crohn's disease, from the pain of it to the lack of support from doctors. I always had this image of how I was in 2003 at a soaking 110 pounds and constantly losing weight. It can focus on the issues with US healthcare, especially with black folks in America, along with spreading awareness for Crohn's Disease because folks still think that the illness is just a minor approach, without realizing that if it's not properly treated, you are going to either die or have a shyt bag.

Hell, lets have a movie about spirituality in the church, where folks are prophets, and there's an ongoing civil war involving leaders that are for profit, versus those that want to do God's will.

Shoot, lets have a Hollywood Shuffle, but with black writers that are stuck in the hell of getting ganked for their work by higher ups and not getting compensated for it (Ole girl that wrote The Matrix).

Then there's my ideas to talk about musicians like:

• Donny Hathaway: Mental health awareness. A tragic tale of a tormented soul that just wanted to be free.
  • Luther Vandross: A wholesome tale that went in on in my Luther Vandross movie thread
  • DJ Screw: Innovated a new sound that's still being used to this very day
  • Funkadelic: Lets do the Science Fiction movie with these dudes...or even a anime.
  • Sun Ra: Easy money breh...a good budget and a soundtrack provided by Madlib, Flylo, etc...*chef's kiss*
We need to evolved. No longer we need to seek validation from Marvel and all of these companies, because we are the true superheroes....but sadly we lack the realization that we carry such power.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Wait, this movie is supposed to be based off the book Caste by Isabella Wilkerson. The Pulitzer Prize winning author of the masterpiece book The Warmth of Other Suns. Caste literally goes into detail about the development of the black CASTE system in the US. How the fukk did she manage to write a white love story into this?

I’m glad I never watched this bullshyt and I’ll never watch anything she makes ever again. This is sickening.
Its centers on Isabelle Wilkersons struggle in the “caste.” Great book by the way.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:at these reactions to a movie none of you have seen about a book none of you have read. And I bet the majority of responses in here are from cacs.
It’s absolutely remarkable. This site is the epicenter of PAWG theory and folks are clutching pearls about a movie that BRIEFLY centers on a true interracial marriage. It’s so confusing. I encourage everyone to consider reading the book AND see the film.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It’s absolutely remarkable. This site is the epicenter of PAWG theory and folks are clutching pearls about a movie that BRIEFLY centers on a true interracial marriage. It’s so confusing. I encourage everyone to consider reading the book AND see the film.
For me it's the use of trayvon Martin as a plot device.

That's like me making a movie where Emmet till shows up and tells me to keep my head up. It feels exploitative and the same goal could easily have been achieved with a fictional character who acts as a stand-in/amalgamation of black youth murdered by white supremacists.