Ava Duvernay wrote an interracial love movie "Origin", we supporting our sista?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Looks like Zaddy took away the complimentary butter biscuits. :mjlol:
Sad part is..... 😞 the date movie rule still applies, "if the on screen lead is hotter than yo wife, don't do it." Them contractors looked at they significant other and was like...... "I'm sure we can find something else to fight about. When's the next Melissa McCarthy/Amy Schumer movie coming out?" :laff:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Movie was mid. They spend all this time unveiling that the "caste" system is the crux of societies problems yet never dive into any theories on how to defeat it in practice besides some Indian nikka talking about "love each other" :heh: and Ironically for this movie being called "origin" it spends no time diving into the foundation of the caste system and where it comes from or why it began. Just a weird ill paced film that tries to hard to seem epic.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you people with Black kids. Please try your best to keep you kids away from mainstream entertainment.

They are literally try to do Black folks, what they did with Asians.

I don't own a TV for going on 7 years. But the few times I watch anything, it's clear as day what's going on.

You see Black Girls/Women in commercials without a single black boy/men in sight, who is not gaycentric. The amount of Black women/white men pairing is crazy. And then representation of Straight Black men is getting more and more goofy.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I saw the movie at a free showing. It was not an interracial love movie at all.

Movie was interesting. Had a lot of good points and ideas. It was just too dialoge heavy in certain parts.

This would have been better as a educational series to discuss the theme

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I saw the movie at a free showing. It was not an interracial love movie at all.

Movie was interesting. Had a lot of good points and ideas. It was just too dialoge heavy in certain parts.

This would have been better as a educational series to discuss the theme
What was it then? How would you describe the themes?