Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The music isn't the root of the problem.

I can't speak for phonz but I don't think that's the argument here. The condition of blacks have been this way before rap was even thought of. But, imo and the opinion of many scholars, this music is actualy being used as a tool of white supremacy. I mean, whites took control over rap, so we really think they will put out music to uplift us? Many things that are dysfunctional have been normalized through media in general, but specidically rap-ie. Selling and using drugs, violence against other blacks, gross materialism, disrespect of black women, baby mama culture, gang culture. Again, these things existed before, but popular rap has no doubt perpetuated and caused us to accept these things.

Last edited:

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
I can't speak for phonz but I don't think that's the argument here. The condition of blacks have been this way before rap was even thought of. But, imo and the opinion of many scholars, this music is actualy being used as a tool of white supremacy. I mean, whites took control over rap, so we really think they will put out music to uplift us? Many things that are dysfunctional have been normalized through media in general, but specidically rap-ie. Selling and using drugs, violence against other blacks, gross materialism, disrespect of black women, baby mama culture, gang culture. Against these things existed before, but popular rap has no doubt perpetuated and caused us to accept these things.

Alright then.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't speak for phonz but I don't think that's the argument here. The condition of blacks have been this way before rap was even thought of. But, imo and the opinion of many scholars, this music is actualy being used as a tool of white supremacy. I mean, whites took control over rap, so we really think they will put out music to uplift us? Many things that are dysfunctional have been normalized through media in general, but specidically rap-ie. Selling and using drugs, violence against other blacks, gross materialism, disrespect of black women, baby mama culture, gang culture. Against these things existed before, but popular rap has no doubt perpetuated and caused us to accept these things.
exactly. i still remember when "thats just my baby daddy" hit the radio. that shyt was degenerate for the time period, and it doesnt hold a candle to todays filth

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Do yall not talk to people about these topics offline? :wtf: Ive had more of these convos irl in the last 6months than i have my entire life
Occasionally, yes, but talking something to death offline and online, without solid action, serves no real purpose, in my opinion. It's similar to how some dudes always like "The Black community needs to be doing so and so" OK, what are you actively doing to further that cause? :ld: Simple question: what are you doing in real life, excluding talking about it, to further spread this information? If applicable, do you really think it's changing anything?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
who said it was?

The way @PhonZhi talks about it, you'd think it was. As @Audemar said:

It's similar to how some dudes always like "The Black community needs to be doing so and so" OK, what are you actively doing to further that cause? :ld: Simple question: what are you doing in real life, excluding talking about it, to further spread this information? If applicable, do you really think it's changing anything?

And you're semi-guilty of it too.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I honestly don't think he really cares about what's happening here either because he's still using rap as a scapegoat in 2015 which is ignorant and completely neglects the system of white supremacy that has nothing to do with music at all.

:usure:

The minstrel show, or minstrelsy, was a US form of entertainment developed in the 19th century of comic skits, variety acts, dancing, and music, performed by white people in blackfaceor, especially after the U.S. Civil War, by black people.

Minstrel shows lampooned black people as dim-witted,[1] lazy,[1]buffoonish,[1][2] superstitious, happy-go-lucky,[1] and musical. The minstrel show began with brief burlesques and comic entr'actes in the early 1830s and emerged as a full-fledged form in the next decade. By 1848, blackface minstrel shows were the national artform, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[3]

Blackface minstrelsy was the first distinctly US theatrical form. In the 1830s and 1840s, it was at the core of the rise of a US music industry, and for several decades it provided the lens through which the white US saw the black US.

Minstrel show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yall gotta learn how embedded racism is into every single aspect of american society.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The way @PhonZhi talks about it, you'd think it was. As @Audemar said:

And you're semi-guilty of it too.
the "what are you doing" argument is a deflection. no matter the answer, individuals cannot solve community issues by ourselves. it takes an entire collective with a like minded agenda to address most problems

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
the "what are you doing" argument is a deflection. no matter the answer, individuals cannot solve community issues by ourselves. it takes an entire collective with a like minded agenda to address most problems
Alright.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
@Kitsch i think is actually black and I like him as a poster. I'm surprised hes caping for this genocide music though :wow:

No one is caping for the "genocide" (:aicmon:) music. We're not going for the easy scapegoat of "we have to do better" which avoids directly attacking the system of white supremacy. We could have nothing but R&B, jazz, and gospel music and we still would be discriminated against and still be terrorized by the police.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
The music isn't the root of the problem.
breh you HAVE to be smarter than this:wtf:. Are you REALLY thinking that ANYBODY is saying that rap (SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN AROUND WHEN WE WERE TAKEN FROM OUR HOMELAND, SEPARATED FROM OUR FAMILIES, AND CUT OFF FROM OUR CULTURE AND NATIVE TONGUE, MURDERED,RAPED,TORTURED AND FORCED TO WORK FOR FREE) is the root cause of the black plight?????? Please tell me i got you twisted