Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
breh you HAVE to be smarter than this:wtf:. Are you REALLY thinking that ANYBODY is saying that rap (SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN AROUND WHEN WE WERE TAKEN FROM OUR HOMELAND, SEPARATED FROM OUR FAMILIES, AND CUT OFF FROM OUR CULTURE AND NATIVE TONGUE AND FORCED TO WORK FREE FREE) is the root cause of the black plight?????? Please tell me i got you twisted

Stop quoting me, regards.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
So they're white for defending the genre that black people listen to the most:jbhmm:
yes they're white for blindly and CONTINUING to cape for a genre of music thats CLEARLY being used for white supremacy gain. 2 posters in this thread have already told me they were white. I assume any posters caping for this tool of systemic oppression against the black race to be white.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
It does influence you. Humans are sponges and music is probably one of the most absorbable (is that even a word?) things out there. The extent of how it affects someone varies from person to person, but we all take things from everything. Otherwise we probably wouldn't even be interested in it. But with that being said, you can't place the whole responsibility on hip hop, there's other factors that you have to take into account as well.

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
@PhonZhi I don't usually post in your threads but I agree with alot of what you say about hip- hop. What do you propose inner city minorities listen to instead though? I myself love rock/metal but most on this site will just dismiss it as cac shyt. Jazz? Reggae? J-pop? Blacks and hispanics seem to have a bond with hip-hop that speaks to their experiences. When whites listen to it, they just think it sounds cool. I just listen to what sounds good but I agree about not wanting to hear all this negativity and violence, shyt's a real buzzkill.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Fashion& slang is really the only thing hip hop truly influence on a major level.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:usure:

The minstrel show, or minstrelsy, was a US form of entertainment developed in the 19th century of comic skits, variety acts, dancing, and music, performed by white people in blackfaceor, especially after the U.S. Civil War, by black people.

Minstrel shows lampooned black people as dim-witted,[1] lazy,[1]buffoonish,[1][2] superstitious, happy-go-lucky,[1] and musical. The minstrel show began with brief burlesques and comic entr'actes in the early 1830s and emerged as a full-fledged form in the next decade. By 1848, blackface minstrel shows were the national artform, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[3]

Blackface minstrelsy was the first distinctly US theatrical form. In the 1830s and 1840s, it was at the core of the rise of a US music industry, and for several decades it provided the lens through which the white US saw the black US.

Minstrel show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yall gotta learn how embedded racism is into every single aspect of american society.
this shows how ignorant overall we are to our own past. Ill say it again: the more we know about the past, the better equipped we will be to combat our oppressors. Knowledge truly is power.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
yes they're white for blindly and CONTINUING to cape for a genre of music thats CLEARLY being used for white supremacy gain. 2 posters in this thread have already told me they were white. I assume any posters caping for this tool of systemic oppression against the black race to be white.
:russell:
Hip hop isnt what's keeping black people down. Why can white people listen to hip hop and turn out fine and not blacks?:ld:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you can't place the whole responsibility on hip hop, there's other factors that you have to take into account as well.

donovan-mcnabb-stare-o.gif