Attention!!!!!! All Idiots That Says Hiphop Doesn't Influence!!!!!!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
yes they're white for blindly and CONTINUING to cape for a genre of music thats CLEARLY being used for white supremacy gain. 2 posters in this thread have already told me they were white. I assume any posters caping for this tool of systemic oppression against the black race to be white.

White supremacy has and will always exist no matter what. Even when Africans were doing nothing more than playing banjo and fiddle music (called hillbilly or old time today) they were mocked and the minstrel show/industry was born

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
People really sayin hiphop doesn't influence are in straight up denial.

Noone said that. The point is ALL MEDIA INFLUENCES

The Reason We Drink: Country Music

According to a recent Huffington Post piece, country music and binge drinking are blossoming from a casual relationship to straight up until-death-do-us-part marriage. And this is significant since country music is more popular than ever: of the top 10 selling albums in America in 2013, three were country and only one was rock. Nashville mega star Luke Bryan was the number two best selling artist of 2013, behind only Justin Timberlake. Meanwhile Florida Georgia Line’s country song “Cruise” was the fourth most downloaded song, ahead of everything by Katy Perry and Lorde. Toby Keith raked in $65 million dollars, Taylor Swift $64 and Kenny Chesney $44.

It turns out that more than 10 percent of the top country songs contain drinking references in the titles alone—double 2012’s percentage—including Dierks Bentley’s “Drunk on a Plane,” Lady Antebellum’s “Bartender” and Brad Paisley’s “River Bank” (about some guy with a six-pack of beer literally dreaming about tequila shots). The list goes on: “Cold One” by Eric Church, “Sunshine & Whiskey” by Frankie Ballard and the rather simply titled “Rum” by Brothers Osborn.

Of course, the partnership between drinking and country music isn’t entirely new but in the 90s, some of these guys actually got sober. Chesney had a song about AA called “That’s Why I’m Here” and Diamond Rio sang about it in “You’re Gone.” But AA isn’t big money and Nashville is an expensive town.

Sure, a lot of music promotes illicit activity and a lot of that music is played on the radio across the US. But it seems like this is actually having an impact on people’s behavior. As The Washington Post recently reported, a 22-year-old guy was found dead in a landfill after being seen as “extremely intoxicated” at a Jason Aldean concert in Cleveland and a drunk 18-year-old guy was accused of raping a drunk 17-year-old girl at a Keith Urban concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts. That Keith Urban concert actually spawned local law enforcement and hospitals to declare a “mass casualty incident” after the show because of all the alcohol-related accidents brought into the ER that night. Officials don’t throw that term around lightly, either. Mass casualty incidents are usually terrorist attacks or natural disasters, not concerts with guys wearing bedazzled plaid.

One contributing factor: Taylor Swift has introduced country music to a younger generation, an audience that would normally turn their noses at it, thinking it was nothing more than something that weird kid listened to in school. With the rise of alcoholism promotion and the combination of young girls at these concerts, the results are awful. Pittsburgh’s mayor was pissed, too, when his Heinz Field football stadium was covered in trash mountains after a Kenny Chesney-Tim McGraw double headlining show that also caused numerous arrests and fights as well as hundreds of 911 calls.

Every news outlet from Billboard to Forbes says the same thing: the problem is tailgating. People do the same for sporting events of course but once inside, they’re exposed to athletes who are in perfect shape and displaying fitness and health to its finest and most inspirational potential. These concerts literally promote the opposite. These concerts are for bro’s. And no, I didn’t come up with that. Fox, The Washington Post and The New York Times, to name a few, have all cited “bro culture” as the issue with country music right now. Bro culture is huge money for record labels in a disastrous musical economy.

Some say that rap music causes the same issues as country music but I beg to differ. Snoop Dogg was a member of the Crips and rapped for his community about the violent things and parties they were throwing. It wasn’t for 14-year-old girls but 20-something gang bangers. There are a few arrests at a Beyonce/Jay Z concert, sure, but country music is promoting getting away with DUI’s as everyone dehydrates with alcohol and salty foods.

I’m concerned and not about the millionaires singing the lyrics. Give me a break and give them a permanent one; these guys make $30 million a year. I’m talking about how country music has swung from songs the mainstream made fun of to happy-go-lucky tunes about getting shytfaced. I say swing that pendulum back—before even more people get hurt.

The Reason We Drink: Country Music

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
It's definitely an influence, but I think it's getting better tbh. The three biggest rappers of this generation(Drake, Cole, Kendrick) don't really talk about gun toting or drugs unless to show their harm. Especially Cole and Kendrick

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
My 2 cents OP been dropping heat all thread. Music can be used as a propaganda tool and it often is used as such.
im convinced that most of us have no clue what "propaganda" is in the first place. We're so busy getn "turnt up" that we've totally forgotten and disregarded our own history and ways in which our oppressors has successfully controlled us both physically and MENTALLY. Thats how they want to keep us also.

The day we awaken and unite as 1:wow:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely an influence, but I think it's getting better tbh. The three biggest rappers of this generation(Drake, Cole, Kendrick) don't really talk about gun toting or drugs unless to show their harm. Especially Cole and Kendrick

J cole
"I could put you on a flight, we could take off tonight
If you scared of heights, shyt I got a pill I could feed you, Cole"

I like this song but I was surprised Cole took the drug route at the very end

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@IllmaticDelta you do know that young white boys and girls have like 10X as many positive images and sounds of themselves in the media to offset the negative unlike black kids right?

You do know that having white skin PERIOD in this country gives you a major advantage in all areas.

You do know that the "white image" is linked to non-threatening, civil and pure while the black image has been and CONTINUES TO BE linked to negativity, aggression, violence, unruly and overall inferior right?

Im not really sure what you are trying to accomplish by posting links about country music.

When its all said and done, that white kid who was influenced to underage drink STILL has his white skin and "priviledge".

There's really nothing else you can say man. A new direction is needed. We CANNOT continue with this same mindset. I hope this sudden spike in awareness recently leads us to the promise land.

Your whole "but white people do it to" spiel wont get us anywhere buddy

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta you do know that young white boys and girls have like 10X as many positive images and sounds of themselves in the media to offset the negative unlike black kids right?

There is plenty of positive "black" images and sounds for black people to offset the negatives in their minds if they look, read and listen to the media that has it.

You do know that having white skin PERIOD in this country gives you a major advantage in all areas.

You do know that the "white image" is linked to non-threatening, civil and pure while the black image has been and CONTINUES TO BE linked to negativity, aggression, violence, unruly and overall inferior right?

This will never change and "black" people can't be stuck worrying about everything someone else is threatened by. All the things you listed are thoughts that existed waayyy before Rap.

Im not really sure what you are trying to accomplish by posting links about country music.

Shows that all media influences...

When its all said and done, that white kid who was influenced to underage drink STILL has his white skin and "priviledge".

white skin and privilege is something that will always exist...has nothing to with rap

There's really nothing else you can say man. A new direction is needed. We CANNOT continue with this same mindset. I hope this sudden spike in awareness recently leads us to the promise land.

Your whole "but white people do it to" spiel wont get us anywhere buddy

You typing and creating numerous topics about it wont change anything either:martin:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's like this.phonzi nikka expects young black men to rap about some "wheels on the bus go round and round" type kiddy shyt. If course they are gunna rap about drug experimentation and getting laid like all young men are obsessed with past and present

that delores tucker wave.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
There is plenty of positive "black" images and sounds for black people to offset the negatives in their minds if they look, read and listen to the media that has it.

you're proving my point. The positivity has to be " looked for and found" while 90% of the easily-accessible mainstream images and sounds are promoting and glorifying destructive and criminal behavior. This is by design. Keep thinking its not buddy.

This will never change and "black" people can't be stuck worrying about everything someone else is threatened by. All the things you listed are thoughts that existed waayyy before Rap.

more short-sightedness by you. Not only is this culture continuing to demonize our image globally, more importantly its playing a role in our OWN self-hate and how we view OURSELVES.

Shows that all media influences...

No shyt, but lets not pretend that hiphop's main draw isn't its "authenticity". There's a reason so many threads are made about these rappers "street cred" and if they really "bout that life". Do we ever wonder about the street cred of Tom Cruise, Forest Whitaker, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle and Morris Chestnut?

white skin and privilege is something that will always exist...has nothing to with rap

You still dont understand. The people benefiting the most off of hiphop is white supremacy. Modern-Day hiphop is a detriment/liability to the black community at this point and as asset to white supremacy. While YOU think its "just entertainment", the people who controls it KNOWS its waaaay more powerful a tool than just merely "entertainment". Again, white supremacy NEEDS us to be ignorant and materialistic. There's a reason they flood our airwaves with music heavily promoting these 2 things.

You typing and creating numerous topics about it wont change anything either:martin:

Keep thinking that the internet isn't a great tool to learn from and exchange ideas and thoughts.
Keep thinking that people aren't learning about important topics such as racism, white supremacy, systemic oppression, slavery, etc from thecoli.com.
Hell, if it wasn't for the coli i would've had no idea about Black WallStreet

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Keep thinking that the internet isn't a great tool to learn from and exchange ideas and thoughts.
Keep thinking that people aren't learning about important topics such as racism, white supremacy, systemic oppression, slavery, etc from thecoli.com.
Hell, if it wasn't for the coli i would've had no idea about Black WallStreet

You're not helping anything by making the same thread over and over but I became suspicious of you once I saw you making a string of similar threads while bigging up trash like Jason Derulo and Flo-Rida. This weird thread really tipped my "faking the funk" senses:jbhmm:

Lowkey, Is This the Peoples' Choice For Favorite Stevie Wonder Song?

I drive trucks so i be in different cities alot and hear their radio stations and this is the song that i hear the most wherever i be. I realized this a few days ago when i heard it 3 times in the same day. I drove from Bham to Atlanta then up to Charlotte. I try to find an oldschool/r&b station wherever i go. Hell, even on stations aimed at white audiences it gets play.

Stevie has COUNTLESS classics as we all know, but this joint may be my favorite out of them all.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lowk...hoice-for-favorite-stevie-wonder-song.345289/

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You're not helping anything by making the same thread over and over but I became suspicious of you once I saw you making a string of similar threads while bigging up trash like Jason Derulo and Flo-Rida. This weird thread really tipped my "faking the funk" senses:jbhmm:

Lowkey, Is This the Peoples' Choice For Favorite Stevie Wonder Song?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lowk...hoice-for-favorite-stevie-wonder-song.345289/
you calling Derulo and Flo-Rida "trash" is your OPINION. You probably love Fetty Wap soooo...... and i have no idea what Stevie Wonder's song Love Light In Flight has to do with white supremacy. You are REALLY grasping at straws now. Keep digging up threads for your defense:yeshrug:. I got you desperate.