Are You Guys Handymen? My Lady Wants Me To Be More Of A Handyman But I'm Just Not Into It

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a handyman. But I am not afraid of tools and have built and fixed plenty of things. My girl is more into that than me tho so I would have to do a lot to be better than her.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If it's on youtube and not too complex I try to do things myself.

It's been years but I still want to stomp out the locksmith that finessed me.

Saltmoney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Catset
:skip:

bytches nowadays want male maids as partners now? Couldn't be me.

Picking up a vacuum from time to time makes you a maid now?

giphy.gif

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can't even put the ikea bookshelf together, that p*ssy gonna dry up fam

:francis:

Your woman wants to view you as a problem solver. If you procrastinate and gotta outsource simple shyt, she's going to view you as weak.

Putting Ikea furniture/bookshelf together isn't being handy...that's just basic shyt lol

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
also, ngl.... now that i can do most stuff myself it's not really impressive to see a guy do it lol. i appreciate the help though
There really isnt much to the basics
My ex tried to flex on me one day.. "i bet you can't fix a fukking tire" i looked her like bytch "why would i fix a tire when i can pay someone else to do it"... I can fix anything but saving $70 when i can make $200 in that time makes no sense to me.
Thats the most feminine thing ive ever heard

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Try to learn, u know home depot holds classes but im not sure if they are doing that during this virus.

Look on YouTube as well. Im not handy hit im getting better

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's something about a man who can see a problem, roll up his sleeves and fix it with his hands that turns women on.

Like imagine you get a flat tyre. You need to call someone to come and change your tyre. Homie does it with a wrench and some muscle.... that's it. She not going to rate you like that.

Like something about being even a semi-decent handyman makes them feel like you're a man that is in control, fixes problems and can be relied upon. All she needs is you.

I'm not a massive handyman. Most jobs I would prefer to call someone but I noticed my girl liked it when I did odd bits around the house.

A big one actually, is I came in and fixed something for her aunt. Like she got to say "don't worry about it, my man can come by this week and he'll sort it out" that little brag about her man you know? Women like men that can do practical things because it makes their life easier and it's often things they are too weak/small to do themselves.

I had to learn this the long way. I hate doing manual work that someone else can do for cheap. But I want respect I have to earn it. Doing the odd handyman activity isn't that hard, is actually helpful skills to have, sense of productivity and it's something my girl likes.

Being from NYC and living in Philly while back most people I know do not drive(its still amazing to me that in some parts of the country HS aged kids have cars).....How would y'all expect someone who doesn't drive or just started driving to change a tire

A lot of the conversation is dependent on context

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I can fix anything.
Flat tires
Busted HDs
Running pipes
faulty electrical wires
something caught in the lawmower? Got it
raking leaves
landscaping
etc

I do that for myself though cause I'm single and nobody else gonna do it. And I came up in a house of women so when my dad was at work, I took care of shyt around the house.

Daps
There really isnt much to the basics

agreed. even changing a tire takes about 10-15 mins if you know what you are doing and have the right tools. whoever says they can make hundreds of dollars in that amount of time might be cappin .... or a doctor/big lawyer or some shyt. but if they are, they aint making money sitting on the side of the road somewhere :yeshrug: