Are You Guys Handymen? My Lady Wants Me To Be More Of A Handyman But I'm Just Not Into It

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
IT'S NOT ABOUT HER. YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO SOME BASIC MAINTENANCE. EVEN IF YOU PAY SOMEONE ELSE.

I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY OIL. EVERY SO OFTEN I CHANGE THE OIL ON MY CAR AND MY GIRL SEES ME AND WANTS THE D IMMEDIATELY. NOT ALL GIRLS ARE LIKE THAT BUT YOURS IS.

FIND SOMETHING SIMPLE TO DO AND DO IT. YOUTUBE THAT shyt AND TRY IT OUT.
just get a new broad.

:camby:

soon shell be questioning his manhood because she put together an office chair. :rolleyes:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
IKEA-interview-cartoon.jpg

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@BrownSkin Intellect

Serious question, did you have a pops?

I learned everything from mine. Watching him fix up cars, watching him fix computers. I mean everything from disassembling the tower installing peripherals, motherboard, soundcards, pci ports, to formatting, installing, programming.
I watched him take the tub apart, the furnace, the air conditioner.....

shyt I do everything myself as long as I can get the parts.

But it's beyond that. I taught myself electronics. I've rewired my garage, replaced light fixtures, outlets, switches with very little help. Sometimes my lady breaks shyt and I just grab my toolbox.

She's always amazed that I know how to fix shyt. Truth be told I'm always slightly amazed too. I go into shyt like :manny: if it don't work, I'll call someone. I ended up replacing all the plumbing in our kitchen and replacing the garbage disposal.
I grew up with my Pops. Before he owned his business he was in corporate and never went beyond changing a tire, unclogging a toilet or drain or changing a light bulb. I mention this to point out the flaw in your argument. Not every man is a handyman.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'll be quick to say that I'm not a handy man. I have friends that are. And I learn from them. I think the key is being comfortable in your own skin. I dont care if a woman or man thinks im soft or a p*ssy because I can't do xyz. :russ: All women aren't the same. So what one loves another might not care for. Find what matches you. And if she fukking someone else she wasn't yours to begin with. There's always others. Keep ya options open and always be comfortable in ya own skin. Who cares what others think.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
She doesnt respect your manhood..
If you cant handle basic shyt around the house she has already questioned your manhood and value and thinks you're a bigger p*ssy than hers..

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Screw the gender shyt. I just like practical people. My folks from the country. Most are educated, very intelligent...AND got mad practical skills.

There isn’t a one or the other set up. For food, we know how you raise it, pick it, grow it, kill it, clean it, prepare it. Hell my grandmother built her own house after watching men come in and do one room.

My dad offhandedly mentioned they dug their own well when they were growing up and looked at me like I WAS the crazy one for not knowing how.:gucci: My prissy mom took the car battery off the terminal and cleaned corrosion off it using baking soda, water and a toothpaste, put it back in and jumped it off when I came home from college once. They both reshingled our house. Hell he was a better cook than she was and he owned a painting business but she was the better painter.

You get clowned in my family if you don’t know how to do the basics or aren’t at least interested in learning.:hubie:
And we are bookish too.:yeshrug:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I grew up with my Pops. Before he owned his business he was in corporate and never went beyond changing a tire, unclogging a toilet or drain or changing a light bulb. I mention this to point out the flaw in your argument. Not every man is a handyman.

I was asking if he had a pops because as I explained in my post I learned from a child watching my pops do things. If I grew up without the understanding or experience that one can do shyt on their own I'd likely just call someone for everything rather than fix it, repair, replace things on my own. Even the things you mentioned, changing a tire, logging a toilet and replacing a lightbulb people are like "fukk that....I got a service agreement.....I pay so I don't have to do that so why would I do that?"

Cats wouldn't tie their own shoes, wipe their own ass or feed themselves if they didn't have to. Not me though.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Not saying you should be a handyman... but there are certain things you should be able to repair/fix

About a month ago my kitchen sink was leaking.. the whole faucet part needed to be replaced.. I YouTubed it.. went to Home Depot and replaced it in a hour.. my girl saw me under the sink getting dirty and she told me later that shut turned her on... same goes when I’m doing yard work.. women love seeing men be... masculine :yeshrug:

You calling a handyman for EVERYTHING is :hhh: to her
Facts even if you fukk around for 30 mins and realize you can't do it and just call someone she bout be turned on and give you some good sex too even that is enough

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In fact, I remember years ago I was fixing the engine of my ex’s car. I was dirty and oily... but the way she looked at me like with Sahara desert level of thirst. :whoo:

She would’ve fukked me right there and then. :mjgrin:
Man you must live in a white collar area or something. These broads don’t care about that. O been changing my oil , brakes and most non electrical auto work for years. These broads don’t care about that. If she look at you like tat, it’s for you, not what you doin.

Yeah a broad offered me the puss before while I was performing a job. Because she didn’t want to pay :francis: . Even had a female entrepreneur had me come to her crib. I thought it was sincere. Nope she jsut wanted me to paint her walls. Women will use that box to get whatever for free:francis:.

My homeboy be falling for that shyt too. And he know it but he don’t care until he doin the labor and start seeing it ain’t worth it. Had my boy on the roof and shyt:beli: