Are You Guys Handymen? My Lady Wants Me To Be More Of A Handyman But I'm Just Not Into It

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
My dude - she needs a protector; someone she can count on when the shyt hits the fan (can you blame her for the anxiety during these times?).
Step outside your comfort zone and look up a small DIY project on YouTube or take a class at Home Depot/Lowes (they are great!).
Then go make/repair something before she calls yo boy (or girl!) in Apt 2C.

Saltmoney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Catset
Watching a man get his hands dirty and breaking a sweat while fixing or building something is a turn on. Furthermore, there is just a degree of respect I have for a man who owns the responsibility of doing all he can to fix a problem - even if, in the end, he has to acquiesce and call in a professional.

Yesss!

This also goes beyond just the house; I feel the same way if you for example build computers or do any kind of intricate work where you need to concentrate (and I might have no idea how any of it works specifically) and he can explain certain processes. Swooooon! :wub:

Daps
i think i've talked about this on here before.
when you are a homeowner, you are constantly doing stuff around the house. i would rather do it myself because i don't want a bunch of randoms on the property, not to mention saving money.
if i was in some random apartment then yeah, i call the maintenance.
for what it's worth, im a woman too. lol, i learned from my ex who is super handy.
i wouldnt just let him do stuff and sit there and look pretty
i would keep him company and watch and learn :yeshrug:
guys love to think they are teaching you something lol

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I'm about to start back doing shyt around the house. I fukked up and hired a Mexican to so my yard work and haven't looked back. They make my yard look better than i can in half the time. I do miss getting up early on a Saturday morning and cutting grass tho. When Spring comes around ill start back cutting my own grass thats like a $100 bucks a month i can save. I have installed little shyt like door stoppers and a video doorbell. Low key it feels good when you do some shyt yourself.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My ex tried to flex on me one day.. "i bet you can't fix a fukking tire" i looked her like bytch "why would i fix a tire when i can pay someone else to do it"... I can fix anything but saving $70 when i can make $200 in that time makes no sense to me.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
If Home Depot doesn't give you the same excitement as a strip club then :ufdup:

That feeling after installing light dimmers, wall coat racks, window blinds, window A/Cs, caulk baseboards, paint rooms, put together furniture, tile work, plumbing work, changing fuses, drilling, etc....

While having a pot on the stove cooking

:whew:

And that look + questioning when women witness or hear you talk about your home improvement projects

:jawalrus:

My theme song...