Are we ready to admit Dragon’s Dogma 2 wasn’t very good?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There isn't anything to defend.

It's fine if yall feel the game is a 10/10 personally.

But don't try to act like that rating isn't bias because you personally like the game.

If you're being objective any game that a vast majority of people are having medium to serious glitches, it's not a 10/10 game.

My experience with the OG cyberpunk was basically flawless, but I'm not going to act like it's a 10/10 because I didn't have problems :mjlol: when the majority of people did.

If y'all wasn't on the Internet I'd just chalk it up to ignorance. But y'all tapped in and played the game... apparently numerous times since release, so I know you've heard the headaches of all those with problems.
This is the problem, you have no way to verify this. You're just assuming because you read a couple of articles everyone is having these gamebreaking issues.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
There isn't anything to defend.

It's fine if yall feel the game is a 10/10 personally.

But don't try to act like that rating isn't bias because you personally like the game.

If you're being objective any game that a vast majority of people are having medium to serious glitches, it's not a 10/10 game.

My experience with the OG cyberpunk was basically flawless, but I'm not going to act like it's a 10/10 because I didn't have problems :mjlol: when the majority of people did.

If y'all wasn't on the Internet I'd just chalk it up to ignorance. But y'all tapped in and played the game... apparently numerous times since release, so I know you've heard the headaches of all those with problems.
What game doesn’t have glitches :aicmon:

Just because a game has glitches doesn’t mean it’s not a 10/10 game

Gameplay
Story
Music
Characters
Level Design

That what makes a game 10/10

Baldur’s Gate 3 does all of this flawlessly

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I still havent playe BG3 because the controls were broken where i couldnt even point and click to move my character. Hopefully they fixed it. Ive had that game on steam forever now lol. Might give it a try this weekend

DD2 is avg as fukk though. Glad i didnt pay for that shyt

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah in retrospect. The first 30 or so hours of this game is pure bliss. But then once you hit the desert the gameplay loop has wore out its welcome and the flaws are too big to overcome. I called it quits near the end when I was stalking a dragon and half of my pawns somehow threw themselves off a cliff into an unreachable area in the middle of the night. Was not about to walk all the way back to town to get my pawns back and then walk back to the Dragon. :unimpressed:

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean I get the point @The Mad Titan is making, but this just isn't the thread to make it in. Should start a separate thread for it because his point is valid.
the only valid point is folks are still hurt about starfield reviews. No need to shyt on BG3 to validate your love for it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, the game is 8/10, same as the first but most people never played the first game in real time so they don't realize the DLC put it in the 9+ range. So like the first game, it will probably be greatly enhanced by DLC. Make of that what you will, as far as whether or not you want to spend money on it.

As far as "BG3"....I have no idea how the thread turned into a discussion of that game, but I played it day 1 on PC and had very little bugs. And one crash, like a hard crash, in 100+ hours.

So nah, I can't say it was an issue. No, I don't care what other people say and/or random reviews. I'm not saying they're lying but I don't have an opinion either way about something I didn't personally experience.

Fred.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Happy to see this trash come and go. No game’s love as a “cult classic” has been more infuriating to me than the first one. I didn’t even dislike the game, it was just mediocre. But the way that people continued to gas it up over the years just pissed me off. Like nothing about it was unique and even the climbing onto shyt during battles was CLUNKY TRASH

Hope this is the last time we see this trash ass series. :pacspit:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the only valid point is folks are still hurt about starfield reviews. No need to shyt on BG3 to validate your love for it
I don't care about reviews at all nowadays, and haven't for some years, they never paint the whole picture.

The only reason I bought up BG3 is because I know Gizmo loves the game and it had its fair share of problems, especially toward the later end of the game so in my mind I don't understand how you can objectively reassess your opinions on DD2 and not objectively reassess your opinions on BG3. So I mentioned it, all y'all started flipping out like I'm just making stuff up or mentioning it for some other reasons.

But one thing we aren't going to do is act like I'm pulling this bug thing out of thin air it was a conversation from the get go, it wasn't one started by the media either, people had saved file hacks edits and mods to get around a lot of these bugs.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about reviews at all nowadays, and haven't for some years, they never paint the whole picture.

The only reason I bought up BG3 is because I know Gizmo loves the game and it had its fair share of problems, especially toward the later end of the game so in my mind I don't understand how you can objectively reassess your opinions on DD2 and not objectively reassess your opinions on BG3. So I mentioned it, all y'all started flipping out like I'm just making stuff up or mentioning it for some other reasons.

But one thing we aren't going to do is act like I'm pulling this bug thing out of thin air it was a conversation from the get go, it wasn't one started by the media either, people had saved file hacks edits and mods to get around a lot of these bugs.
There are like 5 people in this topic who played the game and didn't have major issues. There are a ton of reviews stating they didn't have these "major" issues you keep bringing up

Yet you are wanting to ignore everything the game does well, then discount it because of some articles you read.

Games get rightfully shyt on (review bombed) when there are major issues, but for some reason this did not happen to BG3.