Are scientist trying to be too smart?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No one is telling lies. This isn't Church friend.
Shane the Heretic, lets treat our next posts like hell and not go there, friend. You're over stepping your bounds just a little bit. I cant do this anymore. Scientists sometimes say things that need to be criticized and obviously if you're making scientific claims without proof you should be criticized because the scientific method hinders on proving things that can be observed, friend. :sitdown:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.
Your problem is you're looking at those videos and thinking that's all they know. Those programs are so dumbed down for the general person to understand that it Damn near isn't the original content. It's only the gist of it. For instance, this forum. I can tell you you can do simple things such as add pictures , make posts, and general shyt. You have no idea of how much work it is to write code that does simple shyt. The website uses numerous languages to compile and show you want you see such as html, css, JavaScript, etc. Basically what I'm getting at is the implementation is completely different from what the normal person sees. Those people use math that would take you years upon years to study, if you even ever were able to understand it.
One could question if the earth was actually round or if its really possible to get to the moon. BUT if that person is not willing to go test it themselves, they must leave it up to the experts to let them know. Basically, if u wanna question something, get into the science yourself. Otherwise it's pointless to debate.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Your problem is you're looking at those videos and thinking that's all they know. Those programs are so dumbed down for the general person to understand that it Damn near isn't the original content. It's only the gist of it. For instance, this forum. I can tell you you can do simple things such as add pictures , make posts, and general shyt. You have no idea of how much work it is to write code that does simple shyt. The website uses numerous languages to compile and show you want you see such as html, css, JavaScript, etc. Basically what I'm getting at is the implementation is completely different from what the normal person sees. Those people use math that would take you years upon years to study, if you even ever were able to understand it.
One could question if the earth was actually round or if its really possible to get to the moon. BUT if that person is not willing to go test it themselves, they must leave it up to the experts to let them know. Basically, if u wanna question something, get into the science yourself. Otherwise it's pointless to debate.
I've watched tons of info on space not just those but I get what you are saying.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I'm done with this argument. If you feel like just because a scientist present info to you that it's 100% accurate all the time than you do. I don't.

Scientist will also say we were like apes but evolved.
Scientist classified Pluto as a planet for yrs. they changed it.

Scientist and doctors still can't figure out things about the earth we live on and people but when it comes to space the Coli doesn't feel like I have a right to question accuracy. :upsetfavre:

This is sad Teedot. You are more then simply "questioning accuracy" You're suggesting that scientists are liars because you can't comprehend their work. That's your fault.

There is solid evidence of evolution.

Pluto stopped being a planet because science progressed. We learn new things as a society every single week. And this new info replaces the old. That's progress.

Scientists that study earth and the ones who study space aren't mutually exclusive.

You aren't questioning accuracy so much as you are showing your ass. Once again, just because you don't get it doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
What "things" are you referring to? Sun and planet sizes? I already told you the basics: angular distances. Pain? You have thresholds just like there are thresholds for noise levels. They don't know everything, but they damn sure know a lot more than you are giving them credit for.
Every person has their own threshold. I didn't say they didn't know a thing. Smh y'all get one thing a person says and twist it. It's a waste to have a serious discussion with people on the Coli cause all they give you is insults without have anything knowledgable to say.

Daps
If you feel like just because a scientist present info to you that it's 100% accurate all the time than you do. I don't.

But if they say it's a theory, then you know to seek a second opinion, like a doctor. If they have proof/measurements that can be backed up, then at least there's a degree of accuracy. No scientist tries to "know too much", they are all putting together pieces of a huge puzzle to extend our knowledge and understanding.

Scientist and doctors still can't figure out things about the earth we live on and people but when it comes to space the Coli doesn't feel like I have a right to question accuracy. :upsetfavre:
No we don't, we're just saying there's ways to at least quantify these things in relation to others, and scientists use these methods to find out.

Side note: @cook @Brooklynzson This new partial quoting feature is kinda fresh :obama: :myman:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Every person has their own threshold. I didn't say they didn't know a thing. Smh y'all get one thing a person says and twist it. It's a waste to have a serious discussion with people on the Coli cause all they give you is insults without have anything knowledgable to say.
:snoop:. There's no point. Also, there have been multiple knowledgeable posts by my count, particularly from @ShaneTheRogue . You said scientists are not as knowledgeable as they claim to be about space, but you didn't specify. Space is too broad.

Last edited:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
:snoop:. There's no point. Also, there have been multiple knowledable posts by my count, particularly from @ShaneTheRogue . You said scientists are not as knowledgeable as they claim to be about space, but you didn't specify. Space is too broad.
Cause I'm done with the topic. No need to go further into detail now when nobody ever answered the question and people just insulted me like I have no point. I don't like it when people disagree with others opinions and have nothing to say other than insults. If you all felt like I had no valid point which I know I do then all you had to do was disagree and explain why. I got negged and called names. The Coli is a big joke. If I presented this same thread everywhere else I would have got someone explaining to me instead snoop smilies that don't say shyt.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Damn! I feel what the OP is trying to say. They want to seem like they have an answer to everything. And people believe whatever they profess without actually examining matters for themselves to confirm for themselves. But there are those of us, who are not going to simply believe and require things to make sense, with the accompanying measurements and mathematics they allow for predictions to be made regarding scientific facts.

Last edited:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Cause I'm done with the topic. No need to go further into detail now when nobody ever answered the question and people just insulted me like I have no point. I don't like it when people disagree with others opinions and have nothing to say other than insults. If you all felt like I had no valid point which I know I do then all you had to do was disagree and explain why. I got negged and called names. The Coli is a big joke. If I presented this same thread everywhere else I would have got someone explaining to me instead snoop smilies that don't say shyt.

You said "are scientists trying to be too smart" while saying things like there is no way we can know for sure since we have no means of getting extremely close:heh:. Had you posted this anywhere else, especially on a science forum, you would have received similar posts. That's what happens when you invalidate yourself, you don't get serious responses.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You said "are scientists trying to be too smart" while saying things like there is no way we can know for sure since we have no means of getting extremely close:heh:. Had you posted this anywhere else, especially on a science forum, you would have received similar posts. That's what happens when you invalidate yourself, you don't get serious responses.
Lmao the title was to reel people in the thread.:mjlol: You know that. That's what your supposed to do. Make titles to get people to want to read it.

Breh u think my point is stupid. I get it. Deuces no need to quote me.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're missing my point. I'm not saying everything scientist say about space is rubbish. I'm saying how accurately can some of the things they say be when we or any satellites can't even get close enough to get accurate data?
In the documentary it was talking about the core of either Uranus or Neptune. I forgot which one. One minute they said they could never even get anywhere close to the core. The next minute they are talking about how the core behaves. And that's why I'm like :heh: Space is not predictable and has so many vast things that doesn't even make sense. They are trying to use theories based off of what they know about the earth and science in general. They are trying to apply things they know nothing about. In one of the other documentaries they clearly stated how there is so many things in space that absolutely makes no sense.
I've already explained this to you.

We know things about the core of planets because of other methods.

Do you think we don't know anything about OUR core?