☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

You don't have to go to the core to understand the atmospheric composition of foreign planets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_absorption_spectroscopy

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

:snoop:

We have ways of measuring pain and different types of sensation

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.

I suggest you watch The Cosmos. They cover this in detail and go over HOW its done:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmos:_A_Spacetime_Odyssey

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.
Just :snoop: at everything you posted, especially what's in bold. Leave math/science alone.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
If you would educate yourself you would be able to answer the questions you ask in this thread. Because you don't know does not mean you should be able to challenge the fact if anyone else knows.
Breh everything in the documentary I seen they were trying to say with certainty. We can't even get to those places there's no way everything they are saying is fact. Some are some arent. I see a few people up here want to get smart with me but no one has anything real to say with this. I bet if I mentioned if God was real or not people would be jumping on there's no proof. But when I say something about space everyone is trying to joke. Think about it.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
This seems like a lot for you to process at once. Let's take it one step at a time. We can start by seeing how close you can come to my dikk to:

accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is.

From there we can move on to your understanding of how to measure larger things using different methods, techniques and measuring apparatus.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
And by those examples, it is quite apparent that you either didn't pay attention in math/science courses, or you just never took any advance ones.
Why? You have nothing to say but insults. Since you're so smart explain to me how what I'm saying and why I have no point. I have a valid point. Others have mentioned this type of thing on the internet. Only on the Coli is it considered dumb. But nobody is hitting me with knowledge. It's just dumb smiles and quick post to get daps.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Breh everything in the documentary I seen they were trying to say with certainty. We can't even get to those places there's no way everything they are saying is fact. Some are some arent. I see a few people up here want to get smart with me but no one has anything real to say with this. I bet if I mentioned if God was real or not people would be jumping on there's no proof. But when I say something about space everyone is trying to joke. Think about it.

Wow. The difference is that there is evidence when it comes to space. You just don't want to accept it. Shaky evidence is superior to no evidence. And the thing is...the evidence you are talking about isn't shaky. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not true.

There is absolutely no proof God exist. None. If there was religion wouldn't be called "faith" it would be called "fact"

Also, just because science doesn't have all the answers immediately doesn't mean it's bullshyt. The fact that this information we have on space has been researched, studied, and tested makes it more legitimate then "God did it, take my word for it"

Last edited:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
People accurately measured the circumference of the earth two thousand years ago using nothing but math and shadows from the sun. So you don't think we can apply these same principles to outer space using sophisticated technology and very precise data?
Yes to an extent we can. But I'm talking about to the point where we can't.