Are scientist trying to be too smart?

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Really? I was under the impression that most people thought the Earth was flat until very recently ("recent" is relative when you consider how long we been around).

Ancient Greeks were the first
Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat-earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over evolution.[5] Russell claims "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat", and credits histories by John William Draper, Andrew dikkson White, and Washington Irving for popularizing the flat-earth myth.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
But if they say it's a theory, then you know to seek a second opinion, like a doctor. If they have proof/measurements that can be backed up, then at least there's a degree of accuracy. No scientist tries to "know too much", they are all putting together pieces of a huge puzzle to extend our knowledge and understanding.

No we don't, we're just saying there's ways to at least quantify these things in relation to others, and scientists use these methods to find out.

Side note: @cook @Brooklynzson This new partial quoting feature is kinda fresh :obama: :myman:
I second that :obama:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.
If you took Calculus and Differential Equations in school and actually understood the concepts you would know that almost nothing is ever measured "accurately". Mathematical formulas that are presently available to us are limited. The object is to get as close as we possibly can to being accurate with the available technology

The smartest people in the world are the ones that know we have much more to learn about the universe than we currently know. I doubt we know 1% of what this universe holds.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But yet you are too stupid to see the title was used to reel people into read :dead:
You're not smart enough to even suggest this was your ploy.

Every response in this thread has been the mark of someone who is AT BEST an intellectual impostor and lacking the tools to even foray into proper scientific inquiry.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You're not smart enough to even suggest this was your ploy.

Every response in this thread has been the mark of someone who is AT BEST an intellectual impostor and lacking the tools to even foray into proper scientific inquiry.
You don't know me at all. You couldn't even pick me out in a crowd. Now you know my intelligence level? oh just because you read a post you don't agree with?

You don't even know if you want to be black or indian on the damn internet.

Either drop some knowledge or swerve. Your are just another poster throwing insults when you really don't have anything to say.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You don't know me at all. You couldn't even pick me out in a crowd. Now you know my intelligence level? oh just because you read a post you don't agree with?

You don't even know if you want to be black or indian on the damn internet.

Either drop some knowledge or swerve. Your are just another poster throwing insults when you really don't have anything to say.
fukk head, you're questioning if we know the size of the fukking SUN.

Negged.