AR-AB "Say My Name" (Meek Mill diss)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst part about it is, so far as bars are concerned, Black Thought is light years beyond ANY name mentioned in this thread. I suppose he's too conscious and too old to wear the crown from some people's perspectives. Reality is, it's kinda mind boggling that Philly didn't champion him. I don't know if it's the Philly version of getting a dicitionary along with your purchase of Illmatic in the South when it comes to Black Thought, or what.

The funny thing is Philly loves the roots but it probably seems otherwise cause the Thot crowd has a louder voice. But every Philly rapper bows to them. I got friends in those circles and every time thought comes in the cypher it's nothing but respect from everybody cause the roots really show love to the Philly scene.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most street nikkas are confused as shyt about what they believe because they are constantly changing their views on shyt. Ar Ab was bigging up meek a few years ago, while dissing cassidy, and saying he a real street nikka. Now he's saying he's an actor because he can't get help from meek?:comeon:

I knew this was gonna happen, I was just counting down. How many times have we seen this in rap? My people who been in the streets, you know most of these nikkas are some lost people. I don't know why so many idolize them because they put on acts then show you who they are. The ones who have some sense usually are the ones who make money, and get out, that's why you don't hear about them much. They did what they had to do, and blended in with society. These other nikkas couldn't play the game right, got locked up, had no money or assets left when they got out, and now they want you to think they are the epitome of the streets:scust:. No, you are the pawns of the streets:sas2:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The blogs they talk about that, and basically it was Ar-Ab trying to pump Meek's cred up and thinking it'll help Meek and there might be some compensation in return for cosigning him but it obviously ain't work like that
So in other words they was dikk riding just for some attention?

That makes them look even worse in my eyes, because you played ya old people in front of the world, just to get a good look, and get a deal? That is lame shyt, and would make me not want to do business with you because you would end up trying to play me like that. Why would you even make that known?:dahell:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which goes back to industry dudes being too scared to risk that which is why OBH can't get on.
Just because they don't want to deal with them doesn't meant they are scared of them, it just means they ain't trying to beef with nikkas and lose the good life they got. These nikkas is trying to be where they are, why would I beef with nikkas who give me nothing out the beef? If I went to war with some official, getting money nikkas, I get a name, and mor workers. That means more money. If I went to war with nikkas rapping on mix tapes, begging for deals, and happy to own row houses worth $50,000, I look like a fool because some of my people may get shot up, some may die, some get locked up, and I lose money for lawyers. That means my life is closer to being hard as shyt, but for my enemies, they can brag in a cell hoping they get commissary from family and friends.

Jay said it best, "if I shoot you, I'm brainless, if you shoot me, you famous". I would just ignore them, watch the funds get low, and enjoy them fight each other. Then I would use someone who was down with them, to shyt on them. I don't have to do anything, their foolish ways will end up being their downfall. I just need to be patient.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So in other words they was dikk riding just for some attention?

That makes them look even worse in my eyes, because you played ya old people in front of the world, just to get a good look, and get a deal? That is lame shyt, and would make me not want to do business with you because you would end up trying to play me like that. Why would you even make that known?:dahell:

Well him and cassidy had already been fell out at that point so I guess he ain't care. But yeah I don't agree with what he did

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, they're friends?!! Beef could never happen then, thanks for clearing that up.:upsetfavre::comeon:
them nikkas been cool and did dirt together since they were youngins, this ain't no state property situation where you got 6 different nikkas from all over Philly on the same label.

I see what your saying though especially since lo is getting a lot more recognition and has been grinding his ass off now since ab was down.

ab put lo on so I don't think that's the issue, lo said that ab told him before he went down that he had to takeover and keep their name buzzing.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
them nikkas been cool and did dirt together since they were youngins, this ain't no state property situation where you got 6 different nikkas from all over Philly on the same label.

I see what your saying though especially since lo is getting a lot more recognition and has been grinding his ass off now since ab was down.

ab put lo on so I don't think that's the issue, lo said that ab told him before he went down that he had to takeover and keep their name buzzing.
Trust when things calm down, and the money get low, or the music thing dont work out, they will not be rocking with each other. If someone gets locked up, it will most likely happen because once they get older, and look corny to young nikkas, that's when shyt start hitting the fan. Remember my post, and see what I write is true.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust when things calm down, and the money get low, or the music thing dont work out, they will not be rocking with each other. If someone gets locked up, it will most likely happen because once they get older, and look corny to young nikkas, that's when shyt start hitting the fan. Remember my post, and see what I write is true.
this is usually how it plays out so I agree.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black thought is not with the nikka shyt i worked for the Roots before.

His name should not even be mentioned in a thread with street dudes like Ar-Ab, Meek & Beans.

Questlove said Black Thought always preferred to rap about the street shyt but The Roots group moved him away from that

Black Thought on some goon shyt would be :ohlawd:

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's the issue here people are scared of these dudes.

I wouldn't be surprised, dude has been shot like 13 times before and has caught bodies. Who remembers that Youtube video of him battling with Swizz and Cassidy? The guy he was battling said that they were from the same hood and Ab said "You ain't from my hood, we catch bodies in my hood" :birdman:he sonned the shyt out of him and he had him visibly shook. He was :whoa: after that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just because they don't want to deal with them doesn't meant they are scared of them, it just means they ain't trying to beef with nikkas and lose the good life they got. These nikkas is trying to be where they are, why would I beef with nikkas who give me nothing out the beef? If I went to war with some official, getting money nikkas, I get a name, and mor workers. That means more money. If I went to war with nikkas rapping on mix tapes, begging for deals, and happy to own row houses worth $50,000, I look like a fool because some of my people may get shot up, some may die, some get locked up, and I lose money for lawyers. That means my life is closer to being hard as shyt, but for my enemies, they can brag in a cell hoping they get commissary from family and friends.

Jay said it best, "if I shoot you, I'm brainless, if you shoot me, you famous". I would just ignore them, watch the funds get low, and enjoy them fight each other. Then I would use someone who was down with them, to shyt on them. I don't have to do anything, their foolish ways will end up being their downfall. I just need to be patient.

Pretty much. Everybody got goons but one of the best life lessons ever is "Never beef with someone that has nothing/less to lose". If you got a career then beefing with a nikka that is on "Go" mode is a no win situation for you.