Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Will dig through this thread.
Wanna get GT7 but playing on a controller is a no go.
Tried playing F1 on a controller but the experience was trash.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just copped some big upgrades to my setup.:takedat:

Real pics soon when I've put it all together

SimLab GT1 Evo
%5BSLC001%5D%20GT1%20EVO%20Sim%20Racing%20Cockpit

GT Omega XL RS Simulator Seat
I_0a1bd584-befa-4949-ae9e-c1768e693735_1800x1800.jpg

Fanatec Formula V2.5
Product_Page_top_banner_CS_SW_Formula_V2-5.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just copped some big upgrades to my setup.:takedat:

Real pics soon when I've put it all together

SimLab GT1 Evo
%5BSLC001%5D%20GT1%20EVO%20Sim%20Racing%20Cockpit

GT Omega XL RS Simulator Seat
I_0a1bd584-befa-4949-ae9e-c1768e693735_1800x1800.jpg

Fanatec Formula V2.5
Product_Page_top_banner_CS_SW_Formula_V2-5.jpg

big boy…big toys! :yes:

I wanna get an F1 racing wheel next as well…every year fanatec releases a limited edition…doubt I’ll get it cuz they usually sell out in minutes but I’ll try anyway…they usually announce it around june/july…I tried playing F1 2020 but that shut is hard with all the rules…I definitely need to put some time in with it

need to drop an update soon as well on the new fanatec shyt I have…still getting some practice in with it tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
another update coming soon regarding the actual racing equipment

…but went from thrustmaster TS-XW…

ts-xwracersparcop310_wheelpedalset_2.jpg.png

…to fanatec GT DD pro…

Product_thumbnail_GT_DD_PRO_composition.jpg

…but I replaced the GT DD pro pedals with the clubsport pedals V3…

CSP_V3_banner_LB3.jpg

…and I replaced the GT DD pro steering wheel with these 2 wheels…

Fanatec-BMW-GT2-Steering-Wheel-Review.jpg

Product_Page_top_banner_GTF_UHX_XBox.jpg

this new setup allows me to use the wheelbase with either a PS5 or an XSX…I just have to swap the wheel which can literally be done in under 10 seconds…the BMW wheel is compatible with playstation and the forza wheel is compatible with xbox…I also added a boost kit to get more force feedback…I’ll talk about the differences I’ve observed next

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also bought this wheel very recently to see if I like it better than the forza wheel which I’ll still keep…

clubsport-steering-wheel-drift.jpg

anything I decide not to keep I can sell on ebay at a premium especially if it’s fanatec stuff that is sold out/out of stock on their site

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…I’ll talk about the differences I’ve observed next

not a whole lot to speak on…as anticipated, the driving experience with the fanatec wheelbase is smoother…the FFB is not as exaggerated as it was with the thrustmaster where sometimes I’d be driving on a smooth road and the wheel would just buck for no reason…that being said the FFB on the fanatec wheelbase is stronger when it needs to be/makes sense like when I go off-road racing…the new pedals/brakes feel more realistic as well…the brakes offer more resistance and you can’t just easily mash them all the way down…you can customize it to offer more/less tension…same with the throttle…it was a little TOO easy to mash the gas with the old pedals

the last upgrade was the new clubsport wheel…being that it’s circular I prefer driving with it over the thrustmaster sparco wheel and the fanatec forza wheel which were both D-shaped…just a matter of personal preference and feels more natural/comfortable to me since I’m used to a traditional-shaped steering wheel

a lot of trial and error but I finally got the shyt setup exactly how I like it…already knocked out forza horizon 2/present fast and the furious and about maybe halfway thru with forza 3…will look to jump into GT7 next week and test out the BMW wheel which I haven’t used yet

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, y'all take racing so seriously especially @papa surf. Is racing your favorite sport?

video game-wise nah…was never into the genre like that…I did fukk with street racing to a small extent in the later part of the 90s tho…but that don’t really have nothing to do with it either…I just been curious about racing rigs for the last few years…FH5 and the anticipation of GT7 finally gave me the push I needed…shyt is immersive especially the use of a shifter which is probably my favorite piece of equipment…right now I’m still practicing/doing it for fun…haven’t gotten into racing online competitively as yet

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Got have a HTC Vive (GTX 1080), an a TMX Pro wheel and pedals. I load up assetto corsa and drive on this one multiplayer server with a remake of a city in Japan and race 80s 90s 00s JDM cars. The weather is accurate to the location. There is no race. There's no objective except just drive, and it's the most fun and relaxing thing I've ever played and that alone justifies the VR headset purchase*. I can't wait until they start putting out higher resolution and refresh rate headsets. It really feels like you're just out cruising with no fear of damage to the whip. :wow:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got have a HTC Vive (GTX 1080), an a TMX Pro wheel and pedals. I load up assetto corsa and drive on this one multiplayer server with a remake of a city in Japan and race 80s 90s 00s JDM cars. The weather is accurate to the location. There is no race. There's no objective except just drive, and it's the most fun and relaxing thing I've ever played and that alone justifies the VR headset pro. I can't wait until they start putting out higher resolution and refresh rate headsets. It really feels like you're just out cruising with no fear of damage to the whip. :wow:

ya that’s one thing I like about forza horizon…sometimes it’s just fun to cruise…I am meticulous tho about fukking up the whip

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanted the V2.5 but went with the V2.5X since I got F1 2020 on game pass…plus I can switch the buttons and use it on playstation too…the V2.5 only works on playstation as far as consoles go…also copped the podium paddles too smh lol

(this video featured an earlier version of the V2.5X but it’ll be the same shyt more or less)

@Winston “made me” take the plunge sooner than later:pachaha: