Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
that’s fukking dope…that would be a real cool DIY project…the “hardest” part would be designing the arcade box to house a monitor and attaching the wheel to it
Yeah im pretty confident in my ability to do the wheel part because they just modified an existing A1UP cabinet which already had a wheel attached and holes setup for a wheel

Posted some of the process in the reddit thread

The only thing I wouldn't be confident about is the price, and the fact that he had to buy an attachable bench to modify it to get the pedals and seat set up.

Plus I'm going to be foolish enough to buy another one to see if I could do a link cabinet like they got for the old racing games like Daytona :snoop:

Expensive hobbies :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah im pretty confident in my ability to do the wheel part because they just modified an existing A1UP cabinet which already had a wheel attached and holes setup for a wheel

Posted some of the process in the reddit thread

The only thing I wouldn't be confident about is the price, and the fact that he had to buy an attachable bench to modify it to get the pedals and seat set up.

Plus I'm going to be foolish enough to buy another one to see if I could do a link cabinet like they got for the old racing games like Daytona :snoop:

Expensive hobbies :mjcry:

wow did he say how much the project cost him?

*edit*

damn I just skimmed thru it and it doesn’t look like he says how much it cost him

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
wow did he say how much the project cost him?

*edit*

damn I just skimmed thru it and it doesn’t look like he says how much it cost him
Off rip the arcade is $399.99 right now because its on sale

The wheel and pedals are going for $299.99, you can kind of cheap out there if you like

Bench is $100

Seat is in the ballpark of $50-100 but also availability and customizability is a factor there

He has a PC in the back but I'd actually use a Odroid, not as heavy and strictly a gaming interface. So that probably cost him a extra stack but for me it'd be around $80

So I'm dropping around $900 or so if I was to attempt it, plus I might fukk up the configuration and waste it all :mjlol: he probably put 2 bands into his setup

That's a lot for a hobby toy but damn it would bring me happiness :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
after all is said and done I will end up with this rig…I’ve had to replace a lot of my gaming stuff that’s still in “storage”…so I went ahead and ordered this but with a different seat tho…same racing gear that I had before tho so nothing new in that department

took me the course of 2 days to put together the F-GT elite…the name is well-deserved…it feels premium…it’s better than the sim lab rig I have but to be fair this is NLR’s top of the line rig and the sim lab rig I have is more so their “middle” line…one thing tho is the aluminum NLR uses is “scratch free” (more so scratch resistant and still susceptible to very minor scratching)…this is cool bcuz sometimes you drop a piece or it hits another piece and I didn’t have to worry about it getting badly scuffed up…my sim lab rig has a lot of scratches and one of them is pretty deep although it’s hard to notice since it’s black

anyway still waiting for the seat…once that comes I can attach the driving equipment and the monitor and give it a test run to see how it compares to the sim lab rig…I think I’ll share pictures this time

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
PSVR2 took my Fanatec money earlier in the year, but my G29 pedals have just started screwing up - flickering on full throttle... just enough that I'm noticing it in my lap times.

I reckon it's time to go for the GT DD Pro bundle - the Logitech G Pro stuff just looks too expensive to justify.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
GT DD Pro and a Load Cell brake dispatching today :blessed::feedme:

My Playseat Challenge isn't gonna know what's hit it :sadcam:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
took me the course of 2 days to put together the F-GT elite…the name is well-deserved…it feels premium…it’s better than the sim lab rig I have but to be fair this is NLR’s top of the line rig and the sim lab rig I have is more so their “middle” line…one thing tho is the aluminum NLR uses is “scratch free” (more so scratch resistant and still susceptible to very minor scratching)…this is cool bcuz sometimes you drop a piece or it hits another piece and I didn’t have to worry about it getting badly scuffed up…my sim lab rig has a lot of scratches and one of them is pretty deep although it’s hard to notice since it’s black

anyway still waiting for the seat…once that comes I can attach the driving equipment and the monitor and give it a test run to see how it compares to the sim lab rig…I think I’ll share pictures this time

it’s almost the one year anniversary of me not finishing putting together this 2nd rig :dead: