Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanted the V2.5 but went with the V2.5X since I got F1 2020 on game pass…plus I can switch the buttons and use it on playstation too…the V2.5 only works on playstation as far as consoles go…also copped the podium paddles too smh lol

(this video featured an earlier version of the V2.5X but it’ll be the same shyt more or less)

@Winston “made me” take the plunge sooner than later:pachaha:

shipped fast (overnighted)…added the new paddles and gave it a quick test in FH3 just to make sure it works lol…too lazy to jump in F1 2020 to give it a real run…wheel felt good tho but just not for use with most of these cars in FH3

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just found out I can also use my extra castor wheels with the F-GT elite…alright it’s a go. :wow:

great review once he gets to testing the rig during actual gameplay…can’t believe it took me this long to get into this shyt

this will be my next rig…as far as racing equipment I won’t need to buy anything extra other than a seat (looking at the sparco GP)…the rig I currently have now will be for GT games…the next one I build will be for F1 games…will probably do this in a few months…I easily see why there are youtubers who really get into this full-time and have amassed a bunch of rigs, wheels, etc. granted a few of them are sponsored and get a lot of this shyt free

stave

Superstar
Daps
Didn't know there was rig brehs on here. I salute it. Used to want to build one from scratch out of mdf... never bought a wheel. Not gaming as much as I used to but I plan on picking it back up.

They dropped some GT7 merch online earlier and I copped some of it earlier, but is this a good wheel?

I didn't buy it but I want it. I just got some of the clothes

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't know there was rig brehs on here. I salute it. Used to want to build one from scratch out of mdf... never bought a wheel. Not gaming as much as I used to but I plan on picking it back up.

They dropped some GT7 merch online earlier and I copped some of it earlier, but is this a good wheel?

I didn't buy it but I want it. I just got some of the clothes

I bought the bundle but the wheelbase is the only thing I’m using right now…it’s the only wheelbase that’s compatible with xbox/playstation…I can’t properly critique the wheel tho…my main issue with it is aesthetically…but youtube reviewers love it tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
current game lineup:

PS4/PS5

project cars 1 & 2
gran turismo sport & 7 (upcoming)

X1X/XSX

forza horizon 2-5
forza motorsport 5-7
F1 2020
grid
midnight club LA
NFS heat

grid legends is dropping at the end of next month…wasn’t on my radar but I’ll look out for it and probably wait for a discount if reviews are solid…forza motorsport is doing a reboot but no word on an ETA…not even so much as a release year lol

passed on GRID legends and I don’t play GRID (was able to get it free on game pass)…it doesn’t work that great with a wheel imo although it does work…I also don’t play midnight club and NFS heat for the same reason…new gaming list is…

PS5

project cars 1 & 2
gran turismo sport & 7
assetto corsa competizione

XSX/XSS

forza horizon 2-5
forza motorsport 5-7
F1 2020 & 2021

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this will be my next rig…as far as racing equipment I won’t need to buy anything extra other than a seat (looking at the sparco GP)…the rig I currently have now will be for GT games…the next one I build will be for F1 games…will probably do this in a few months…I easily see why there are youtubers who really get into this full-time and have amassed a bunch of rigs, wheels, etc. granted a few of them are sponsored and get a lot of this shyt free

rather than waste more money on a whole separate rig…I’ve positioned my rig to be a hybrid for F1 and GT racing games…so the front end of my seat is now slightly elevated as are the pedals…and I must say it feels pretty good…had to raise the monitor up just a little bit…testing out the driving now and it feels comfortable and I’m making some good times on runs…you would think it’s just psychological but these little changes really do have some impact on the racing…especially brake positioning

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanted the V2.5 but went with the V2.5X since I got F1 2020 on game pass…plus I can switch the buttons and use it on playstation too…the V2.5 only works on playstation as far as consoles go…also copped the podium paddles too smh lol

(this video featured an earlier version of the V2.5X but it’ll be the same shyt more or less)

@Winston “made me” take the plunge sooner than later:pachaha:

finally got to test this wheel…this shyt is soooo nasty :banderas:

turns feel SO much tighter :noah:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I may have to retire my shifter :mjcry:

I love using it as it provides a ton of immersion but the paddle (shifters behind the wheel) provide for a much faster response since I don’t have to reach over to switch gears…and literally every split second makes a difference lol

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Playseat Challenge and Logitech G29 which has served me well for years now - currently going through the annual "can I justify the expense of a direct drive wheel" conversation...:feedme:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fanatec Formula V2.5
Product_Page_top_banner_CS_SW_Formula_V2-5.jpg

ended up copping this to use solely on the PS5…just came today…I like the leather grips more…the V2.5X has alcantra grips which I generally prefer but they are extremely thin and feel like they will wear out easily with time…I’ve seen folks suggest wearing gloves…I feel like that’s overkill tho lol

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
ended up copping this to use solely on the PS5…just came today…I like the leather grips more…the V2.5X has alcantra grips which I generally prefer but they are extremely thin and feel like they will wear out easily with time…I’ve seen folks suggest wearing gloves…I feel like that’s overkill tho lol
Yeah, that's why I like rubber grips too. I used to wear glovers with my old Alcantara wheel but stopped... I wish I didn't:francis:

Fanatec products have good resale value and sometimes you can even make profit, but my grip was messed up beyond repair and I couldn't get rid of it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's why I like rubber grips too. I used to wear glovers with my old Alcantara wheel but stopped... I wish I didn't:francis:

Fanatec products have good resale value and sometimes you can even make profit, but my grip was messed up beyond repair and I couldn't get rid of it

damn I butchered the “alcantara” spelling lol…that’s great to hear about the resale value…now that I have settled on exactly what I want, I have excess equipment…I might just keep the shyt tho…I may have some use for it down the line