Anyone ever feel like being in a relationship is holding you back?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I'm not trolling.

I'm trying to figure out (relationship or not), who quits their job with no other form of sufficient income?

Does anyone (IRL, minus a few) do this? Is that something you would not catch flack for even if you're single?

Go out and tell someone you're quitting your job to follow your dreams. See how many people :heh: in your face and warn you about how what you're doing is wrong/stupid, especially in an economy like our's.

cool story bro

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Pretty much. What's the point of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't have the same interests/goals as you.

If you are in a relatonship where your partner's interests/dreams don't match up with your's, you're in a shytty relationship, or you're kinda desperate.

IE. A dude who wants to start his own business, needs an enterprising ass woman to support and help out with that, or maybe even do her own thing so the two can relate when it comes down to it.

Torture yourself in a relationship with a woman who's interests don't match your's brehs.
I agree some of these dudes sounding like bytches in here blaming their lack of options on a relationship and all types of dont matter shyt. If you can't do both get rid of the chick or don't but don't blame that on why you ain't doing shyt though.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BlvdBrawler what exactly do you want to do? If it's not about p*ssy why exactly do you feel like you're being held back in a relationship. If you want to move to a new city/state, then I feel you on that. I'm not knocking you or anything but as a woman, I just want to try and understand.

That's a big part of it, and like another dude said, just the act of having to think like an "us", I find it constricting.

So, she's an attorney, and in order to practice law in a certain place, she needs to pass the state bar exam, which takes months and months and there's a good chance that it won't happen since those exams are a pain in the ass. So that severely limits MY job prospects because if I get a good job with Google in Seattle and she doesn't pass the bar, that means that she has to come up with another plan for income until she can take the test again etc... Not to mention that proximity to her family is a major thing for her, so the east coast is absolutely out of the question... shyt like that, just having two people's requirements involved in any decision takes out a lot of the options of that decision. Think of a Venn diagram where the only acceptable choice for the two parties is represented by the area of intersection, and that's kind of what I mean. Instead of having only that area of intersection to choose from, if I were single, I'd have a big ol circle of options.

And I'd be able to get new p*ssy too :lolbron:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go out and tell someone you're quitting your job to follow your dreams. See how many people :heh: in your face and warn you about how what you're doing is wrong/stupid, especially in an economy like our's.

I actually did this last year. :unsure:

Everyone I told my plan to was like, :whoa: but wished me good luck.

When I went to my boss and told her I was quitting with no job lined up, she hit me with :rudy: and said, "Don't quit. I know this shyt sucks but you're too valuable and you're making a mistake so we'll find you something else to do here."

:yeshrug:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Damn homie :umad: Somebody is obviously living in :duck: land.
It has nothing to do with a female holding you back. It's the act of thinking as a team that holds you back. I can no longer take risks that only affect myself. I have to think of "us". And as far as power moves go, does that even need clarification breh? Seriously?? Just think of what a power move is for yourself and go from there.

nikka specifically what power move is your girl holding you back from? Be honest. And 5 Linx don't count doggy :pachaha:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Uhhh, what :dahell: do you think a man is supposed to be doing in a relationship anyway. Maybe this is why you brehs have a lot of problems with women.

If your woman is navigating the relationship at any point then you share them pants and that leadership. :dahell: Don't be surprised when you share her.

If you're woman doesn't trust your leadership and vision 100% of the time of course she's gonna "hold you back" or whatever you nikkas talkin' about.

Exactly. nikkas be telling on themselves in these threads. In every relationship I've ever had I've been the one setting the course and the direction which we're gonna go. If you're broad is dictating what's happening in the relationship, it's no wonder you cats make so many "I hate woman" threads :nonikkas:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Oddly enough I agree with this. I actually had an argument with a dude when I said men are to be looked at as leaders in their relationship and he told me I was a grown woman and should be leading myself LOL!!

Anywho... Some men don't' want to be shyt and they feel their woman is holding them back from that. So I guess it really depends on what you're trying to do that you feel you're being held back from.

When me and my broad 1st met I told her nikkas nowadays do not want to be leaders or men of the household. She thought I was lying because in her family, the men were always the leaders of the household. She went and asked all her male friends and came back like ":ohhh: you were right"

Men nowadays have 0 desire to be leaders in their households. Most of the time they have no plans or goals in which a broad would look at them and be like "I'm gonna follow this nikka :lawd:" then get confused about the little respect they get from their females.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:what: nikka keep it one hunna, you wouldn't go to bolivia or australia any way. stop blaming that shyt on your bytch.

I would go to both, which is why I named them. I been to around 25 different countries and I used to travel on a whim, I can't do that anymore and haven't been anywhere of note in ages.

I've said many times family (which includes my girl) is the only reason I'm not a nomad or living in some foreign country right this second. :scustbeetus:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I would go to both, which is why I named them. I been to around 25 different countries and I used to travel on a whim, I can't do that anymore and haven't been anywhere of note in ages.

I've said many times family (which includes my girl) is the only reason I'm not a nomad or living in some foreign country right this second. :scustbeetus:
I know you won't wait till this country starts closing us in. I think people are really naive and think it can't happen

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gahtdamn you nikkas are with some busta ass bytches.

i'm starting my own company and got grants etc and all my girl has done is try to support and help in any way she can...even taking workload off me by doing some of it herself so it gets done in half the time

:wow: that girl is just :wow:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

maybe you should seek out a woman that's as into travelling as you are????

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
That's a big part of it, and like another dude said, just the act of having to think like an "us", I find it constricting.

So, in order for her to practice law in a certain place, she needs to pass the state bar exam, which takes months and months and there's a good chance that it won't happen since those exams are a pain in the ass. So that severely limits MY job prospects because if I get a good job with Google in Seattle and she doesn't pass the bar, that means that she has to come up with another plan for income until she can take the test again etc... Not to mention that proximity to her family is a major thing for her, so the east coast is absolutely out of the question... shyt like that, just having two people's requirements involved in any decision takes out a lot of the options of that decision. Think of a Venn diagram where the only acceptable choice for the two parties is represented by the area of intersection, and that's kind of what I mean. Instead of having only that area of intersection to choose from, if I were single, I'd have a big ol circle of options.

And I'd be able to get new p*ssy too :lolbron:

So why not leave your girl to pursue your dreams since its such a pain in the ass to do it together. Right now you're coming up with a whole lotta excuses instead of finding a solution.

And since you keep bringing up new p*ssy theb there's another reason to leave. Your future obviously isn't aligned with hers and you come off as if the whole relationship is one big inconvience. You're not married, you have no kids with her,therefore you have nothing to lose except time wasted.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Exactly. nikkas be telling on themselves in these threads. In every relationship I've ever had I've been the one setting the course and the direction which we're gonna go. If you're broad is dictating what's happening in the relationship, it's no wonder you cats make so many "I hate woman" threads :nonikkas:

You're lying breh. Women LOVE when men let them dictate/lead the terms of a relationship. Women don't want men who are leaders.

Why can't I just quit my job whenever I want and start my own business? If I was single, no one would look at me funny!

What's wrong with buying something I can't afford?! If I was single, it would be cool. No biggie.

Why must women stop me from being the best I can be breh breh?! And those darn toddlers too!

If I didn't have none of them, boy I'll tell ya. I'd be out here living my dreams, traveling the world while starting my own business with the sun roof down on my red Ferrari. Keepin' it real Don Juan like, ya know?

But you're just a beta simp who's never been in a REAL relationship so of course you wouldn't understand, idiot.

So why not leave your girl to pursue your dreams since its such a pain in the ass to do it together. Right now you're coming up with a whole lotta excuses instead of finding a solution.

And since you keep bringing up new p*ssy theb there's another reason to leave. Your future obviously isn't aligned with hers and you come off as if the whole relationship is one big inconvience. You're not married, you have no kids with her,therefore you have nothing to lose except time wasted.

Because then he'd have no one to blame. :word:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
How did we get from accomplishing your individual goals before you get settled down to being the bytch in your relationship?

Me and my woman have a group goal. Within that group goal are individual goals. But these individual goals contribute to the overall group goal. For example, her wanting to go back to school to get her law degree and me taking 100% of financial responsibilities. I could say f*** your dreams of law school. This is my show bytch! Youre gonna do what I say and go along with my life plan and vision. This is how some of you guys sound whether you realize it or not.

What I'm offering is to take care of your selfishness before you get involved. Do all of the things that make you individually happy. No restrictions. And it is true that you should deal with a woman who understands your vision. But doesn't mean u should neglect hers and that's where I think it gets gray.

It's all good. Different people. We live different lives. Do what works for u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
maybe you should seek out a woman that's as into travelling as you are????

:why:

I understand everyone has a perfect relationship on the net, however I'm not going to ditch the woman I love over this. I've been to more countries than most, and she and I plan to retire to another country within the next 10 years.

I have an explorers soul, no amount of traveling will ever quench that thirst. If I traveled the entire world tomorrow, I'd start dreaming about the stars and traveling the universe. It'll never be enough :sadcam: