Anyone ever feel like being in a relationship is holding you back?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You'll save more money, freedom and have more free time so in that sense yea it will hold you back. But feel like a good relationship propels you to new heights or at least make you happier. Them shyts can be rare though

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Lot of these dudes live a fairytale I see. Giving advice with no living experience and have never been in a "real" committed relationship.

Have shytty relationships and try to tell everyone how to have good relationships as if you're a good relationship expert brehs.

In then end the girl is a copout for your own personal failures. If she loved you like that she would respect and try to help you live out your dreams/achieve your goals. After you leave her you'll realize you're still a bum and now you're a bum with no p*ssy/perspnal hypeman.

Basically.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nah, life ain't about compromise man.

But I hear you on what a relationship is supposed to be.

I don't know anyone who has that, though.

So as far as you knowrelationships = something people are stuck in and wish their life was something else.

and yes, life is about compromise

You'll save more money, freedom and have more free time so in that sense yea it will hold you back. But feel like a good relationship propels you to new heights or at least make you happier. Them shyts can be rare though

How do you save more money?:dafukk:

A relationship is not about taking care of someone.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How do you save more money?:dafukk:

A relationship is not about taking care of someone.

why are you arguing for no reason?

In many cases being in a relationship might cause you to spend more money than if you were single, at least depending on your personality.

It can be something as simple as travelling to go see her (bus fare or gas), maybe bringing her some dinner when you visit out of kindness, or buying her medicine when she's sick. Little things like that nothing serious.

For instance, I dont celebrate Christmas or birthdays when I'm single. But if I'll buy a gift and do the whole charade for certain occasions in a relationship. When I'm single I dont go out much but lets say her friend is having a dinner to celebrate an occasion and were invited. If it's a friend that I know and like I'll go...but i'm not gonna go to the table and order water. I'll order a 15-20 dollar meal where as if I had stayed my ass home I woulda saved money buy making a pasta dish or something. :manny:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

*Financially

I didn't think that needed to be spelled out in the context of the post I quoted.

why are you arguing for no reason?

In many cases being in a relationship might cause you to spend more money than if you were single, at least depending on your personality.

It can be something as simple as travelling to go see her (bus fare or gas), maybe bringing her some dinner when you visit out of kindness, or buying her medicine when she's sick. Little things like that nothing serious.

For instance, I dont celebrate Christmas or birthdays when I'm single. But if I'll buy a gift and do the whole charade for certain occasions in a relationship. When I'm single I dont go out much but lets say her friend is having a dinner to celebrate an occasion and were invited. If it's a friend that I know and like I'll go...but i'm not gonna go to the table and order water. I'll order a 15-20 dollar meal where as if I had stayed my ass home I woulda saved money buy making a pasta dish or something. :manny:

So you have no social life.

Well obviously I'm not talking about lames.

And what you described is not any real money. You probably spend that on other BS anyway.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
*Financially

I didn't think that needed to be spelled out in the context of the post I quoted.

Oh...

...but even in that sense, that's an odd thing to say...especially after you were stressing how relationships/life are about compromise.

But whatever...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So as far as you knowrelationships = something people are stuck in and wish their life was something else.

Pretty much all the relationships I know of, yea. Newlyweds are of course the exception, but time will pass and they usually become the rule.

and yes, life is about compromise

Agree to disagree, but you might wanna look into that.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If I wasn't in a relationship, I'd more than likely spend 75% of my income traveling and never having roots anywhere. I'd be a global wanderer, which is something I'd love to do but can't now. So in that way it's definitely holding me back, I can't just get up oneday and decide I want to go to Bolivia then Australia.

:what: nikka keep it one hunna, you wouldn't go to bolivia or australia any way. stop blaming that shyt on your bytch.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I know EXACTLY what you mean OP. I know I would be making a lot more power moves and risks if I was alone. That's why I always tell my younger friends, wait as long as you can before settling down.

:what: nikka let's keep it funky. What power moves would you be making if it wasn't for your girl? Would you have started a company? Been in the league? Been a multi planet selling artist? Y'all nikkas kill me with this shyt man :pachaha:

If you the type nikka that can't get your bytch to fall in line and understand your vision, then 9/10 you're not the type of nikka to be in any sort of leadership position.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
*Financially

So you have no social life.

Well obviously I'm not talking about lames.

And what you described is not any real money. You probably spend that on other BS anyway.
so spending money on school tuition is bull shyt . cool.

Got nikkas arguing with ppl that agree with them for no reason

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Not about new p*ssy, that part is obvious :lolbron: but I mean do ya'll ever think that you could achieve more just by being on your own than you can in your current relationship or really any relationship?

Yup... I usually try to spend a few hrs outside of work, working on my craft/starting my own company. and at this point a girlfriend would get in the way.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
When you get married and have kids, it's no longer about your individual goals. It takes a back seat. You and your woman need to have group goals, and if you have kids.. Family goals.

For example, if you live on the east coast, and you have a job offer on the west coast, u just can't get up and move your family. This has to be discussed with your wife. Your personal endeavors that will affect your family must take a backseat. I understand the fairy tale, but life doesn't work like that unless you have a woman who doesn't want any input in her future and doesn't mind you navigating it 100%

Take care of your personal successes until you're at a point where you are comfortable and then settle down. Just some advice. You Brehs are all grown, u can do what u want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal