Anyone ever feel like being in a relationship is holding you back?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup... I usually try to spend a few hrs outside of work, working on my craft/starting my own company. and at this point a girlfriend would get in the way.

Feeling obligated to spend the time you're using to work on your own company with a girlfriend is different than her holding you back.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
This is why many women are getting settled down later in life because they want to pursue their careers before they embark on family goals. Try asking an up and coming lawyer or a female in medical school to put that on hold to have kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
:what: nikka let's keep it funky. What power moves would you be making if it wasn't for your girl? Would you have started a company? Been in the league? Been a multi planet selling artist? Y'all nikkas kill me with this shyt man :pachaha:

If you the type nikka that can't get your bytch to fall in line and understand your vision, then 9/10 you're not the type of nikka to be in any sort of leadership position.

Damn homie :umad: Somebody is obviously living in :duck: land.
It has nothing to do with a female holding you back. It's the act of thinking as a team that holds you back. I can no longer take risks that only affect myself. I have to think of "us". And as far as power moves go, does that even need clarification breh? Seriously?? Just think of what a power move is for yourself and go from there.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've said it before accomplish your goals before you decide to settle down have kids get married etc.

Women are dream killers

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Relationships are for women

I see a woman when I want to and dont when I dont want to, anything else is unacceptable until im ready to have children

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
Not about new p*ssy, that part is obvious :lolbron: but I mean do ya'll ever think that you could achieve more just by being on your own than you can in your current relationship or really any relationship?

For me it has totally depended on who I was with. Unfortunately, I've dated a few women with small mind frames and it was restricting. Conversely, my wife has the same mindset as me and we work together towards larger things.

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she knows your illegal shyt and blackmails you to stay. It should be acceptable to put hands on women

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Feeling obligated to spend the time you're using to work on your own company with a girlfriend is different than her holding you back.

Pretty much.

:what: nikka keep it one hunna, you wouldn't go to bolivia or australia any way. stop blaming that shyt on your bytch.

:laff:

I read that post like ":dahell: Why don't this nikka just take her with him?! :damn:.......... if he can afford it :mjpls:".

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@BlvdBrawler what exactly do you want to do? If it's not about p*ssy why exactly do you feel like you're being held back in a relationship. If you want to move to a new city/state, then I feel you on that. I'm not knocking you or anything but as a woman, I just want to try and understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I understand the fairy tale, but life doesn't work like that unless you have a woman who doesn't want any input in her future and doesn't mind you navigating it 100%

Uhhh, what :dahell: do you think a man is supposed to be doing in a relationship anyway. Maybe this is why you brehs have a lot of problems with women.

If your woman is navigating the relationship at any point then you share them pants and that leadership. :dahell: Don't be surprised when you share her.

If you're woman doesn't trust your leadership and vision 100% of the time of course she's gonna "hold you back" or whatever you nikkas talkin' about.

The main fun of traveling is foreign p*ssy... at least for me

Uhhh, well that would be the pursuit of p*ssy stopping you, not you're actual girlfriend.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Don't let these dudes in here having you believing these fairytales.

Today's modern woman is not staying at home raising kids letting you control their lives.

They want to have careers and be successful in their own right.

You just can't get with a woman, and control her life. You just can't make "your" goals, the family goals. It's not realistic unless you have a feeble, brainless woman.

You make group goals. You will have to compromise and she will have to compromise on some things. But don't listen to these fools. There's a difference between being a leader and being controlling. No woman wants to be controlled.

Leading means having a blueprint to the future, but it also means getting her to buy in. And you'll never do that if you dismiss or ignore her input or her dreams and goals

But listen to these idiots if you want to.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uhhh, what :dahell: do you think a man is supposed to be doing in a relationship anyway. Maybe this is why you brehs have a lot of problems with women.

If your woman is navigating the relationship at any point then you share them pants and that leadership. :dahell: Don't be surprised when you share her.

If you're woman doesn't trust your leadership and vision 100% of the time of course she's gonna "hold you back" or whatever you nikkas talkin' about.

Oddly enough I agree with this. I actually had an argument with a dude when I said men are to be looked at as leaders in their relationship and he told me I was a grown woman and should be leading myself LOL!!

Anywho... Some men don't' want to be shyt and they feel their woman is holding them back from that. So I guess it really depends on what you're trying to do that you feel you're being held back from.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
My advice would be to take care of a majority of your individual goals, primarily the ones that mean the most to you.

That way when you get with a woman seriously, you have more time to devout to the group goals.

Make sure when you meet her, before you get serious, she buys into your vision. And make sure you respect and clearly understand hers.