Anyone else not impressed by modern day technology?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I finally verified my phones for apple/samsung pay. I used it for the 1st time at Wawa and was like :ohlawd:

I don't even care if I forget my wallet at work anymore, I can get gas and food,etc. shyt I see Chase banks put the NFC tap pads on the atms in case you need cash and don't have a card.

I remember the put 20 on 3 days :flabbynsick:

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA

To clarify i mean the function. The car has had 4 wheels and a steering wheel for 100 plus years still being mostly powered by gasoline. Compared to other tech its been stagnant, when cars start flying then we can say its been innovated.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I just want science to perfect time travel and alternate universes before I die. I want to see if back in the day really was like how people say it was back in the day. :damn:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
To clarify i mean the function. The car has had 4 wheels and a steering wheel for 100 plus years still being mostly powered by gasoline. Compared to other tech its been stagnant, when cars start flying then we can say its been innovated.
The tech has been innovated for cars you just have the oil lobby holding everything back the basic design wont change because simplicity is often the best design we will never see flying cars because it makes no sense. They would be noisy and expensive as hell we already have the tech with hovercraft. shyt would also be dangerous as hell lol.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I just want science to perfect time travel and alternate universes before I die. I want to see if back in the day really was like how people say it was back in the day. :damn:
Hell no I hope we never manage to develop this technology dont want nikkas fukking up the space time continuum and erasing people from existence. I think we will eventually figure out ftl travel and people will go into the future though.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
That chip. :leostare:

When you see millions of people lined up to be chipped.......because it allows you to do this, that, and yada yadda yadda....
We done fuucked up right then and there...:ufdup:

Peep the movies. All the technology has subdermal components.

Transhumanism?
Do ninjas really want to be cyborgs for real, for real?

What rapper, etc gone be the 1st to make it "cool"......you know how this shiit goes...

:francis:

Last edited:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta wait for virtual reality to take off for the next big leap in tech

Daps
I'll be impressed when black people are able to capitalize off this digital renaissance and build wealth from it. All I see are whites and Asians becoming billionaires off products that black people mindlessly consume in their pathetic need to emulate the lives of people who aren't crippled by the systemic racism we were born into. :francis:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Just let me keep youtube, netflix and google maps. Besides that, im good. But Cellphones can go. EASILY. too much access to me. Shoot the few months I was without a cell phone were the best. NO nagging phone calls telling me to pick up something or asking where I am. If i don't answer. there's no why you didn't answer your phone. it's made people not wanna socialize. I hate when you go anywhere today and everyone just sits on their phones pretending to be doing something. No interaction, no conversation. NOTHING.

You're not using it right then. When I be somewhere waiting in line or not doing anything important. I be on my phone looking at the Coli laughing my ass off.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Not sure how you could make this without it being a suicide machine.
(Old you is destroyed and a copy is generated on the other end)
Yep this gets argued by trek fans all the time but since its an exact copy you never really die imo.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:mjcry:

Riqt.gif

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

giphy.gif

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
I prefer tech from a decade ago. Got a pair of MacBook Airs and an ancient iPhone 4, don’t need anything faster. Also helps I have a quad processor iMac at work.

I hate streaming music and just bought an 160 GB iPod Classic on Craigslist for only $80. :myman: