Anyone else not impressed by modern day technology?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cellphones, they made the phone more bezeless, my life is complete :troll:

Streaming Companies - wow this is innovation you mean to tell me I can play music, tv shows and movies from the internet like a decade ago!
:gucci:

Oh so advanced technology I can plug in my phone to my car and it has apple play :troll:

I can upload pictures, videos to my social media and share my life, this is true innovation I can communicate with people across the world; I get to share my life with people who really don't care how wonderful
:troll:

Has this virtual experience made people lives better? Are you fulfilled by the experience?
what year were you born?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you really think about the car hadn’t evolved since the 1900s. We just added some fiber and Bluetooth.
that's entirely on car manufacturers. A lot of these companies would not innovate or advance without competition forcing them to do so. The car company is one of those dinosaur industries that fought advancement from the beginning. Electric cars were around when the model t ford was out.

Remember when Blackberry ran the game they got comfortable and sat on the tech they had out... saw no need to keep innovating as fast. But they were trying to use an old ass business model in a tech industry that was at it's most innovative stage and rapid development was the name of the game.

They got left in the dust. By the time they were trying to give us full screen touch phones it was past game over. Then they had another shot at staying relevant by becoming just a hardware maker and adopting open source android but chose to try and develop their own apps and market while they were already lagging in the race. The rest is history.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
If you really think about the car hadn’t evolved since the 1900s. We just added some fiber and Bluetooth.
No one said that :gucci:
To an extent yea, but think about the tech that does exist that we don't have access to
True :ohhh: I wonder how advanced army technology is compared to consumer tech

If you’re a lame all the tech in the world isn’t going to help you reach out and explore the world and enjoy new experiences.

Judging from the amount of self loathing on this site a lot of you use the same tech you could be using to make your life better to complain and be bitter.

If they did invent a teleporter most of y’all would use to do some miserable shyt.

“I know breh a c00n......I teleported on that nikka and he was eating dinner with a pang”
Agreed, still find consumer technology to be smoke and mirrors

All we’ve done is create more stuff a lot of it is junk
This is what I am genially point

what year were you born?
Old enough to where I experienced barely any tech at one point to life filled with it too.

Last edited:

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The only piece of techology ever made that's worth anything is the internet. Literally every other piece of technology made is something to make you a more efficient slave, make it easier to track you and take your mind off the bullshyt system you're enslaved under.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
If you’re a lame all the tech in the world isn’t going to help you reach out and explore the world and enjoy new experiences.

Judging from the amount of self loathing on this site a lot of you use the same tech you could be using to make your life better to complain and be bitter.

If they did invent a teleporter most of y’all would use to do some miserable shyt.

“I know breh a c00n......I teleported on that nikka and he was eating dinner with a pang”
“Pull up, nikka, 666 Mjpls Ave, can’t duck the fade, we got teleporters up in this bish :birdman:

Daps
Y'all sound melodramatic.

I'm very impressed with the technology of today. So much knowledge is at my fingertips. I can instantly connect with so many different people in my life. I can obtain things (be it food, items, tickets, whatever) from almost anywhere. I can pay/receive money on the go even without having the cash on hand. The list goes on and on...

Last edited:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
You also have to remember consumer tech is flashy

If you really want to look in the future look at what’s being used in the private sector and military.

Just for comparison I was using what you know as Waze in 2004, before the first IPhone even hit the market.

The military name is Blueforce tracker.

Drones have been in use for 10 years.

The tech has improved and the cost has dropped enough to the point you can fly a drone on a app on your phone.

I think some perspective is needed.

I’m :flabbynsick:

When I was a young youth, you were considered balling if you a had a pager....... the internet hasn’t been invented yet , and you had to take your film to be developed at Eckerds

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Just let me keep youtube, netflix and google maps. Besides that, im good. But Cellphones can go. EASILY. too much access to me. Shoot the few months I was without a cell phone were the best. NO nagging phone calls telling me to pick up something or asking where I am. If i don't answer. there's no why you didn't answer your phone. it's made people not wanna socialize. I hate when you go anywhere today and everyone just sits on their phones pretending to be doing something. No interaction, no conversation. NOTHING.