Anyone else not impressed by modern day technology?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Hell yea I'm impressed, but I think it helps to have had experience with technology from the previous era to really understand how far we've come.

When I was 14, I had a 2400 baud modem and it took 30 minutes to download one bikini picture of Pam Anderson.

Now, my house has high-speed wireless network where I can stream, literally anything, to any device in the house that has a screen, instantly.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Hell yea I'm impressed, but I think it helps to have had experience with technology from the previous era to really understand how far we've come.

When I was 14, I had a 2400 baud modem and it took 30 minutes to download one bikini picture of Pam Anderson.

Now, my house has high-speed wireless network where I can stream, literally anything, to any device in the house that has a screen, instantly.

People really don't understand what's going on on the backend. Most think "it's 2018 it's supposed to be like that"

MMA

Superstar
Daps
People really don't understand what's going on on the backend. Most think "it's 2018 it's supposed to be like that"
I am a programmer :mjlol:

The whole point of modern technology is to improve our human experience with other humans and the truth is, it's not doing any of that but creating a virtual simulation based on more smoke and mirrors.

Have you communicated with people across the world or around you better because of modern technology? know their culture better? What have you gained that has improved your personal life outside of downloading a picture or watching a video faster. Be overjoyed for the same shyt brehs with no real stimulation like new technology in how a car drives etc. I'm saying we are gaining more access to shyt we already had access to in some other way.
:mjlol:

Refuse to see the truth about this innovating of technology instead of just admitting we are only getting faster access to shyt we always had access to. Our foods aren't even naturally made
:mjlol:

At the end of the day all I'm saying is, are people more happier or fulfilled with this wave of technology and the honest answer seems to be No - they'd prefer honest human interactions, everything else is a smoke and mirror of narrative driven entertainment that brings nothing of real remembrance to lives

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not impressed at all.

Phones have turned into memes for reviewers, bringing up things your average consumer wouldn't even care about, like water IP rating.

Even computer hardware is stagnant.

Seems like right now, we're getting revisions to already great products and we're waiting on the next big technological breakthrough.
I agree they talk about some things couldn’t care about...but phone IP ratings determine whether that shyt will die from a couple splashes or not. If consumers cared about what they were spending their money on, that rating is a spec they should pay attention to. Now whether or not people pay attention to things that they should pay attention to us a different story..

Message boards are older than the average internet user at this point. The technology has run its course by now.

iphones have been playing it safe and becoming steadily flabby for years now. They hardly work as a status item nowadays either. Go up to someone like "I have an iphone :smugbiden:" and they won't give a fukk.
This is a dumb line of thinking. Tech shouldn’t just be displaced because it is old. It is still useful so it should stay. Humans get caught up in wanting change just for the sake of it, cause we are low attention span spoiled muthafukkas for the most part

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
If you really think about the car hadn’t evolved since the 1900s. We just added some fiber and Bluetooth.

lol nah man the car is way different now than it was.

Enhancements to materials science allow us to make lighter engines for weight savings as well as materials that are more heat-resistant. Same with extensive use of aluminum and carbon fibre to save weight. Also we have MUCH better rubber composites now than in the 20th century leading to much safer tires.

Combustion systems are completely different, from carburetors to fuel-injection and now direct-injection... combine that with modern fuel technology and the prevalence of forced-induction, engine configurations, advanced ECU software, etc... and we have cars that can go 120 mph and get 35 mpg. That's at least a couple of quantum leaps.

Steel-panel cars are now fiberglass so they crumple during accidents. Cars are at least 10x safer now than they were back then.

I mean hell simple aerodynamics...

Plus all the bluetooth and shyt that you mentioned.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Cellphones, they made the phone more bezeless, my life is complete :troll:

Streaming Companies - wow this is innovation you mean to tell me I can play music, tv shows and movies from the internet like a decade ago!
:gucci:

Oh so advanced technology I can plug in my phone to my car and it has apple play :troll:

I can upload pictures, videos to my social media and share my life, this is true innovation I can communicate with people across the world; I get to share my life with people who really don't care how wonderful
:troll:

Has this virtual experience made people lives better? Are you fulfilled by the experience?

yes

Just because you don’t understand the tech behind your smartphone doesn’t make it less relevant.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
If you’re a lame all the tech in the world isn’t going to help you reach out and explore the world and enjoy new experiences.

Judging from the amount of self loathing on this site a lot of you use the same tech you could be using to make your life better to complain and be bitter.

If they did invent a teleporter most of y’all would use to do some miserable shyt.

“I know breh a c00n......I teleported on that nikka and he was eating dinner with a pang”

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I always think about this when sitting at a stoplight at 3am without another car in sight.
3:30 in the morning with not a soul in sight we sat four deep at a traffic light
Talking about how dumb and brainwashed
some of our brothers and sisters are
While we waited for a green light to tell us when to go…