Anyone else not impressed by modern day technology?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Kids literally don't have to learn foreign languages anymore with since translation can occur instantaneous

We have tech that can make you invisible on photos

Found a color of black so black that it doesn't even reflect light out of it

The average human traveled less that 100 miles in their lives in 1800, we do that in a week now

Food tech is light years past where it was, think about how much has been genetically modified

There is regenerative health practices via stem cell research

Designer babies

just to name a few off the top off of the head

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
YEAH MODERN DAY TECH IS WACK. :pacspit:

-POSTED ON AN INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD USING AN IPHONE​
this is only the good thing because now you don't need a computer to do stuff like this. however, there is negative as well such as those sites that you are unaware of. you never know what type of info people would be passing around in their DMs and shyt about you.

just when you thought the men in black were hidden, they are everywhere because everyone has phones.

back in the 90s and early 2000s, we were told not talk to people who have cameras but now everyone has one and it is connected to the internet

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This hurricane Weather Channel segment was so provocative because we're not used to seeing that level of graphics on a news channel weather report. I don't know if that is some form of Augmented Reality (AR) or what, but all the comments are impressed and mesmerized.

So AR and VR and holographic tech is probably next.

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I don't deserve this thread. :russ: Let's see who I can reply back to.

Gotta wait for virtual reality to take off for the next big leap in tech
We are already in a simulation :wow: the point is not to see it.

:mjcry:

Riqt.gif

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

:laff::laff:

I prefer tech from a decade ago. Got a pair of MacBook Airs and an ancient iPhone 4, don’t need anything faster. Also helps I have a quad processor iMac at work.

I hate streaming music and just bought an 160 GB iPod Classic on Craigslist for only $80. :myman:

Decade ago was the goat time for tech all around. Cars still had a mechanical feel, tons of manual options, each technology had a different purpose instead of all trying to do the same thing like we have today

I'm amazed at what we got and what is in development.

Some of y'all got to look pass phones

We are looking pass phones but like I said how is it affecting your everyday life really better? alexa my ass, soft closing doors :laff:

Air Force & Navy is where the advanced, futuristic technology is. They have stuff so advanced that won’t be available to the public for probably another 20 or 30 years.

everyday tech things we take for granted have came from the Air Force that they developed in the 50s & 60s

Yup, I've seen the security they have (I work in cs), amazing stuff compared to what consumers are left with. I don't understand why it takes so long to come to consumers like drones

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Air Force & Navy is where the advanced, futuristic technology is. They have stuff so advanced that won’t be available to the public for probably another 20 or 30 years.

everyday tech things we take for granted have came from the Air Force that they developed in the 50s & 60s

They have an actual working railgun and microwave gun/emitters. :banderas:

They need to get that laser gun up and running though. The distance is not where it should be. :birdman:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Impressed? Yes, it’s always amazing to see what people can create or how much things change, but I don’t feel incomplete not having the latest and greatest.

Phones connecting to cars is probably my least favorite though. I’ve heard way too many “car” convos. One older lady was having her last 5 bank transactions read to her for the shopping center to hear.
Exactly we could go back let's say 2 generations of tech and we wouldn't complain after a month of use

Yep, people are getting played heavy out here in their pockets and as well the side effects that they're experiencing personally being a slave to their technology.
We are paying for bullshyt ass research that barely changed shyt :wow:

Automated driving is pretty impressive IMO. My hour commute is much more tolerable now that I don’t have to pay much attention.

I think holograms will become the next big interface trend. I used one at the robot hotel in Japan...first time in awhile I :ohhh:from electronics.

AI interfaces will probably be next wave as well. Tried out an AI guess your age at Japanese amusement park...got my age perfectly. Most humans assume I’m ten years younger.

We are from away from AI from really changing the world, we are still in the data infancy stage

Even better. Teleport to her room, ready to get to work. Teleport back home and straight to the shower and then put on some clothes.

:ahh:

I need that self scruber :mjgrin: or just need to go back to old times and become akeem
giphy.gif

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Everybody posted in this thread, did not display any new technology we don't know about :russ:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would be more impressed with new technology that genuinely made our world a better place and reduced human suffering. Also, I think the direction of our technology is a reflection of where we are as a society. If we want meaningful technology we have to elevate human consciousness

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Cellphones, they made the phone more bezeless, my life is complete :troll:

Streaming Companies - wow this is innovation you mean to tell me I can play music, tv shows and movies from the internet like a decade ago!
:gucci:

Oh so advanced technology I can plug in my phone to my car and it has apple play :troll:

I can upload pictures, videos to my social media and share my life, this is true innovation I can communicate with people across the world; I get to share my life with people who really don't care how wonderful
:troll:

Has this virtual experience made people lives better? Are you fulfilled by the experience?

I agreee, especially with phones. After all this news; ppl okay with using their finger prints and eyes just to open they phones.

Me, personally, just use my phone mostly as a computer to escape my bullshyt job.

I just got a 2017 car and most innovation is the headed steering wheel :dahell:

Y'all trippin

I can use my phone gps to get to anywhere a car can travel to which is better than using maps and mapquest. That's just one benefit of modern technology

I can name plenty more

GPS is old...I've had it since 2005

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Cellphones, they made the phone more bezeless, my life is complete :troll:

Streaming Companies - wow this is innovation you mean to tell me I can play music, tv shows and movies from the internet like a decade ago!
:gucci:

Oh so advanced technology I can plug in my phone to my car and it has apple play :troll:

I can upload pictures, videos to my social media and share my life, this is true innovation I can communicate with people across the world; I get to share my life with people who really don't care how wonderful
:troll:

Has this virtual experience made people lives better? Are you fulfilled by the experience?

Hey OP

Did you get that notification?

It was me responding to your stupid question days later from a totally random location, likely hundreds of miles away from you.

That little object you're staring at is the reason you can receive my communique

And there are satellites involved in this process.

Next time just yell this stupid shyt out your window. See if dozens of replies come back. No? So your neighbors would never entertain such foolishness? Only your online friends?

So that's why you like this shyt. Cause here you are.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
3:30 in the morning with not a soul in sight we sat four deep at a traffic light
Talking about how dumb and brainwashed
some of our brothers and sisters are
While we waited for a green light to tell us when to go…

i always felt like the only person in the world that enjoyed the hell out of the yo yeah interlude on that album:wow: