Anyone a Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Mechanic on here? - Official Skilled Trades Thread

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:krs: Niccas in here on some hvac aw shyt
my nicca :whoo:them gotdamn theories will have u either stuck like chuck or truly intrigued. I was both for a long while. Shyt is so mf cool and the tools make u elite when get it. Like breh breh said learn that superheat and subcooling, learn how to measure gas pressure by the water column, CHECK AIRFLOW BEFORE U CHECK REFRIGERANT. Get the theory on analog gauges hold off on the digis til after u get it FULLY. EPA cert is good when u get ready to buy your own refrigerants :youngsabo:that’s for later.
Get your NATE cert now :damn:
FIELDPIECE and MILWAUKEE tools nicca ftw :smugdraper: be the best

Dewalt >>> Milwaukee :mjpls:

So the OSHA cert is fugazi? :patrice:

How much of a difference does it potentially make in earnings when negotiating a salary, vs. not having it ?

I was told in prison multiple times the 30 costs like $1200 to take. True or nah? Thanks for the input too

I'll Google it myself but lmk what the benefits / purposes for being NATE certified are if u can b. I'm good on superheat/subcooling/w c. and manifolds already though but I'm def gonna tighten up on it

OSHA is a requirement for most job / construction sites. Everyone’s big on safety and it’s a liability issue for someone to not have safety certs...Idk about costs, our union takes care of all our certs.

Idk what Nate a certificate is but we go off type 1, type 2, universal certs. A, B, and C cards

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Oh really, why do you hate the field?
just wasnt my thing i went in nit cause i new people who did and were doing fine i got out of school and got two offers a customer service rep at a computer company which was racer and a offer through the mail by the city to be a wastewater apprentice something i wanted to go in before going to school for electronics .i took the apprentice job and never looked back.my pops thought i made the wrong decison .when i was 20 ..he dosent feel that way now...he thinks it was smart.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
just wasnt my thing i went in nit cause i new people who did and were doing fine i got out of school and got two offers a customer service rep at a computer company which was racer and a offer through the mail by the city to be a wastewater apprentice something i wanted to go in before going to school for electronics .i took the apprentice job and never looked back.my pops thought i made the wrong decison .when i was 20 ..he dosent feel that way now...he thinks it was smart.

Ok but you can still apply your electronic knowledge at a WasteWater plant right?

I see job ads online all the time for Instrumentation, PLC, and Controls Technicians at Water plants

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Ok but you can still apply your electronic knowledge at a WasteWater plant right?

I see job ads online all the time for Instrumentation, PLC, and Controls Technicians at Water plants
the point is dont want to or have to lol we got techs for that.im a wastewater operator

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
the point is dont want to or have to lol we got techs for that.im a wastewater operator

Oh ok. So the techs that do that, how is their job like? That's what I want to do

Do they work 12 hr shifts?
Do they work with PLCs?

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Oh ok. So the techs that do that, how is their job like? That's what I want to do

Do they work with PLCs?

Do they work with PLCs?
They work 8 hours unless called in they work with plc as well the iag depart that deals with the plants network deal with the plcs as well.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Where they sell those at? harbor freight :mjpls:

:mjlol:

nah breh, Home Depot. I've also done some finish carpentry and literally every journeyman I've worked with swears by em and their quality

I've got an impact drill and regular drill and you can tell the difference :ehh:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Nice. That's my goal. Does Instrumentation work with PLC's like Electricians do?
yeah instrumentation electricans work with PLC's a lot more than regular electricians actually...

like I have over 10+ years in the game as a regular electrican but have zero knowledge on PLC's.

really depends on the companies you work for tbh... if you work for a company who doesn't deal with them, then obviously you aren't gonna get experience with them.

wish I did know about them tho, a lot of good paying jobs require knowledge on PLC's and programming