Anyone a Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Mechanic on here? - Official Skilled Trades Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Here's a quick project I did last week, which involved plumbing, electrical and carpentry. I replaced an old janky water fountain with one of these newer bottle filling units. Split the single copper line into two and added a spigot, along with running a new dedicated circuit to it and added an additional outlet since I had the wall open. The hardest part about it was coming up with a way to clean out the drain since this is at an elementary school and these machines aren't really expecting kids to be throwing mud and sand into them and the internal spacing inside is quite tight because of this. Luckily I found a p-trap with an integrated cleanout, so i used an angle grinder to cut out the bottom of the machine, so now we can simply unscrew the cap to unclog it if anything gets thrown in it.

abs-dwv-pivoting-p-trap-union-with-cleanout-hub.png

RMxlJJe.jpeg

k8YKMN4.jpeg

TyxICoI.jpeg

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here's a quick project I did last week, which involved plumbing, electrical and carpentry. I replaced an old janky water fountain with one of these newer bottle filling units. Split the single copper line into two and added a spigot, along with running a new dedicated circuit to it and added an additional outlet since I had the wall open. The hardest part about it was coming up with a way to clean out the drain since this is at an elementary school and these machines aren't really expecting kids to be throwing mud and sand into them and the internal spacing inside is quite tight because of this. Luckily I found a p-trap with an integrated cleanout, so i used an angle grinder to cut out the bottom of the machine, so now we can simply unscrew the cap to unclog it if anything gets thrown in it.

abs-dwv-pivoting-p-trap-union-with-cleanout-hub.png

RMxlJJe.jpeg

k8YKMN4.jpeg

TyxICoI.jpeg

How did you get the cuts of exterior siding do clean?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
How did you get the cuts of exterior siding do clean?

You mean around the machine? I put some 1x spacers behind it to fur it out a bit from the wall. I then then slid some pre-painted 1x trim pieces behind the wall and the machine to give a quasi-frame around it so that it would be easier to shingle up to. Is that what you're asking?