America is 76% White. I'm honestly surprised by this...

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because if the people she's speaking about don't check off "White" they won't be White on paper.

Additionally, in practice, regarding the disbursement of funds, an individual Arab or Persian can still apply for "Minority" loans or whatever funds she's worried about because they're clearly minorities.

I just don't see how it will have any actual impact on the ground.
Well they argument is that her ethnicity falls under white in the census which leads to more representation for actual whites.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is there hard evidence for those that claim that the black % is way higher?

I lived in the Midwest for 7 years and been all around and it’s ALL CACs or Mexican. The 13% makes perfect sense to me

A little higher, but not way higher. It might be 15 or 20 percent but no more than that.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Well they argument is that her ethnicity falls under white in the census which leads to more representation for actual whites.
It doesn't have to. She's from Palestine...she can choose "Other" like the Census guy was saying.

I posted the official Census for 2020, she had options. And her concern about not being counted for 10 years is silly because we'll certainly know she's here. They have the data.

Look at the official 2020 Census and what it asks about Race:

https://www2.census.gov/programs-su...onnaires/2020-informational-questionnaire.pdf

MSiwYv.jpg

The ones that were counted as White or Black were those that chose only 1 Race; as per the fine print:

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/US

• Fact Notes
    • (a)Includes persons reporting only one race
    • (c)Economic Census - Puerto Rico data are not comparable to U.S. Economic Census data
    • (b)Hispanics may be of any race, so also are included in applicable race categories
[/QUOTE]

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
The Asian population will catch with the black population in 30 years.
America is not it for black people we need to start looking at building outside it :yeshrug: I think it was @Piff Perkins who had a really good hot take about how we are behind as a whole on shyt while Indians, Asians and Mexicans are getting ahead.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I traveled a fair amount for work pre Covid…..and it’s a rare area I’d visit where it wasn’t clear as day what the “minority” was. It’s 80% white people around every city hub and business center not named named NYC, Atlanta, Houston, LA or Detroit. Chicago from a visitor standpoint is so segregated I could walk 6-7 blocks and not see more than a handful of people who weren’t white, yet I know there are large black populations.

I could see a million people in the Bay Area and maybe 10% were Asian/Hispanics/black unless I was in Oakland or down town San Jose.

It certainly feels like a very segregated country still from my point of view.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
1. Census undercounts (and we under report ourselves) minorities.
2. There's alot of hispanic people that consider themselves white.
3. Middle eastern people are considered white for the purposes of reporting.

The true number of white people in America, imo is around 58-60%, mostly if you count white hispanics the numbers go down.

As someone said though, there's entire regions of the US that are literally all white. The Dakotas, Idaho, Montana, Kansas, Nebraska, and Oregon statistically have like NO people of color.

But Black people gotta start taking the damn census, its how state/federal dollars get spent.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
America is not it for black people we need to start looking at building outside it :yeshrug: I think it was @Piff Perkins who had a really good hot take about how we are behind as a whole on shyt while Indians, Asians and Mexicans are getting ahead.

What is "getting ahead?" Because hispanic/latino women are the most underpaid, under represented group in the country statistically speaking. They make like 30 cents on the dollar compared to white men.

Meanwhile, black women are becoming the highest educated cohort of people in the country. And they BY IN LARGE marry and have kids with black men. It's hard to think sometimes, but the era where black people aren't the bottom of the barrel is something I could see happening in a couple of generations.

Especially if the reparations conversation continues the way it's happening now. While I know many of us are still struggling, black =/= poor in the way it used to mean.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa

Indians from india, persians, armenians, lots of africans etc will mark white or caucasian on the census. white people deep but not that deep its just political identification.

yeah the fukk they are

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Realistically how many black people are in a position to leave the country?
What group of people have you heard of in the modern world picks up and leave to a more stable life in the sense that you suggesting black people do?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't have to. She's from Palestine...she can choose "Other" like the Census guy was saying.

I posted the official Census for 2020, she had options. And her concern about not being counted for 10 years is silly because we'll certainly know she's here. They have the data.

Look at the official 2020 Census and what it asks about Race:

https://www2.census.gov/programs-su...onnaires/2020-informational-questionnaire.pdf

MSiwYv.jpg

The ones that were counted as White or Black were those that chose only 1 Race; as per the fine print:

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/US

• Fact Notes
    • (a)Includes persons reporting only one race
    • (c)Economic Census - Puerto Rico data are not comparable to U.S. Economic Census data
    • (b)Hispanics may be of any race, so also are included in applicable race categories
[/QUOTE]
She wasn't arguing just for herself but other north Africans, and Middle Easterners.
I'm sure some may fill out the Others but under White it shows a North African and Middle Eastern country as an example.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Conservatives put their finger on the scale with the last census, openly, the same way they stacked the deck with the running of the Postal Service...

...and the result surprises who exactly?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:duck:

A recount would at most move Blacks from 13.4 percent to maybe 14 percent

Black Americans are highly visible. Research shows the average white Person believes Blacks are around 36 percent of the population

Denial is a drug for some of yall

this.

mufukkaz underestimate the amount of cac-ery in this country, especially in places we don't give a fukk about. Outside of urban areas, there's a LOT of crackaz out there.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
She wasn't arguing just for herself but other north Africans, and Middle Easterners.
I'm sure some may fill out the Others but under White it shows a North African and Middle Eastern country as an example.[/QUOTE]

I agree with her that it should be categorized outside of White. I hope that in 2030 it is.

But the impact in real life is not what she makes it out to be.

Also, i believe, the Middle Easterners that are counted as White in this Census are negligible.

Especially when many of them admittedly "look" White, or as we say on the Coli, are Sand CACs.

Opinion | The 2020 census whitewashes Middle Eastern Americans like me

Also, according to censuscounts.org there are between 2 and 3 million Middle Easterners. They're not any kind of tipping point for white dominance.