Amazon at it Again...the New Snatch & Run...Amazon GO

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dope. Not coming to my suburban area any time soon tho. Might start fukking. W those grocery delivery services tho

I rock with uber eats when im lazy.

Also with this how do they factor in if you go to the store with someone or can only one user enter the store?

Ie. you and your girl go to the store, you need to scan yourself in, but what if only one has an account?

What if you go with your say 10 yr old child?

morris

Superstar
Daps
Si. I use Amazon Fresh and they have a lot of high quality organic brands that I usually only see at my main joint, Whole Foods
I see a partnership forming with them. If so, bye-bye Trader Joe's and the like.

Funny, in other countries/continents I've been to where they have a strong infrastructure, they never truly advertise "organic."

Hell, unless it's in a processed box, it's organic (it grew--vegetables, fruits, dairy). Funny how people forget:
Organic food 'not any healthier' - BBC News

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I see a partnership forming with them. If so, bye-bye Trader Joe's and the like.

Funny, in other countries/continents I've been to where they have a strong infrastructure, they never truly advertise "organic."

Hell, unless it's in a processed box, it's organic (it grew--vegetables, fruits, dairy). Funny how people forget:

Thats because things are assumed organic since manh nations dont do the gmo thing.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Corporations have learned that consumer goods are America's weakness. Most invasive and detrimental technologies are introduced via consumer goods and services. You see things like this and think, "Oh, it'll just be some cashiers out of work. So what?" Being that the average American is a moron the corporations don't have to worry about them looking behind the curtain or peaking under the hood and seeing all of the bits and pieces that make up this new convenience. Bits and pieces that can now be ported over to other industries and aspects of life. I have no idea why, given the history of big business in this country, that Americans believe that corporations will cease using invasive automation once all the riff raff are weeded out of the system and just use that tech to focus on making life a convenient consumer utopia for the middle class. Nooooooo no no no, getting rid of Tykeisha, Byron and Paco is just the warm up. The end goal is to apply automation to white collar jobs as well. Middle class labor is expensive.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2/3rd of these people can be covered by the government and their other 1/3rd their parents.

Besides, pretty sure this is only catering to a higher income clientele in affluent neighborhoods so it's not like normal grocery stores will be obsolete.

Why would they only cater to higher income people when all economic demographics have amazon accounts...... why would they lose out on money like that?

Si. I use Amazon Fresh and they have a lot of high quality organic brands that I usually only see at my main joint, Whole Foods

Like what exactly?

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

The organic food movement has never been about it "being healthier". I don't know where this misconception comes from. Personally, I'm way more concerned about taste and farming methods.

And don't let broke people tell you different, there is a taste difference between organic vs conventional most things.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So people walking in stores, no real checkin, and walking right out the store with a bagful of food. Those check-ins at the door didnt have turnstiles to allow me entrance. Whats to stop me from walking in the store without an account, and getting lunch, then just walking out? :pachaha:

Yall keep thinkin short game when it comes to this tech when you gotta think long game

They could fix the problem you just said in two simple ones

1. yea sure you could go in and steal and dozens of high tech cameras setup around the store/isles etc could automatically record your face and description send it to the police. If your someone who doesn't care about having a criminal record than ya, this would probably be a dream

or

2. Camera around the stores + senors on the packaging alert the security guard at the door that you just picked something up and you don't have a valid amazon account to purchase things, security guard ask/makes you leave the store

This is basically self checkout on a large more efficient scale