Amazon at it Again...the New Snatch & Run...Amazon GO

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
So people walking in stores, no real checkin, and walking right out the store with a bagful of food. Those check-ins at the door didnt have turnstiles to allow me entrance. Whats to stop me from walking in the store without an account, and getting lunch, then just walking out? :pachaha:
I'm sure they will still have security and one person monitoring like most self checkouts

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
You better pay attention. Not only is Amazon attempting to take over retail they are also trying to take over logistics and god knows what else. They are putting big businesses like Cisco out of business. They are really trying to take over the world.

Wont happen and theyre attempt to do so already has failed massively :mjlol:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Dope. Not coming to my suburban area any time soon tho. Might start fukking. W those grocery delivery services tho

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
It's over for everyone. Amazon got this locked since '96. :wow:

7eDgDz.gif
Amazon and Apple are my two favorite companies. :lolbron:

It's too bad they hate each other. They would be great together. :mjcry:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
NEVER a bodega.

More like those expensive "organic" markets

I look forward to this. Let's see how it goes. As far as I know, the drone delivery is not really looking like a reality.
Si. I use Amazon Fresh and they have a lot of high quality organic brands that I usually only see at my main joint, Whole Foods

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
There's a supermarket chain I frequent, and they often hire people with disabilities, older uneducated folks, and young people. Being a bagger, cashier, etc., is one of the few employment opportunities available to those folks.

How many people would lose their jobs if this becomes the norm.. ? :dwillhuh:

Exactly. Countless jobs will be thrown in the Bushes of Bolivia. :damn: :bryan:

These are jobs that are done as entry level, or go-between jobs, but some people make their life's earning in these businesses.

I assume POS companies like NCR will bite this. But i wonder how this would be implemented for complicated goods like home appliences and electronics. But i assume for basic groceries and stuff this is straight forward

I mean it should work for any store. I would assume. You need a laptop and some VR goggles. Get an Uber, go to Best Buy, ask the driver to wait about 3-4 minutes or circle the block, grab the boxes with the laptop and VR goggles. Walk back through the turnstiles. Hop in your Uber, go home. Do this in 15 - 20 minutes. :francis:

Obviously for huge appliances it would take more work, but still.

Last edited:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
There's a supermarket chain I frequent, and they often hire people with disabilities, older uneducated folks, and young people. Being a bagger, cashier, etc., is one of the few employment opportunities available to those folks.
2/3rd of these people can be covered by the government and their other 1/3rd their parents.

Besides, pretty sure this is only catering to a higher income clientele in affluent neighborhoods so it's not like normal grocery stores will be obsolete.