Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Forespoken got low scores cuz publications are racist(allegedly)

Nintendo gets graded on a curve.(allegedly even tho @Fatboi1 put that shyt to bed a few pages ago with them screenshots)

I am once again asking, if these reviews are so flawed, why give them credibility in the first place? considering they clearly are not reviewing in good faith(according to a few in the arcadium), why care at all?

or is this a case of beat your chest when a game(or game from a platform) that you like gets a good score, and likewise make a shyt thread laughing at a game(or game from a platform you dont like) gets low reviews?

and when you think a score is too high just say reviews were dikkriding, and when a score is too low the good ol "they just didnt understand the game"?

I would like an honest explanation
They definitely grade Nintendo games on a curve, I mean look at what they did with Pokemon

HfpEvDX.png

YcJDwu1.png

fZm8nIB.png
nPjSdk9.png

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That GQ top 100 games of all time should let you know not to trust journalist. Don't get me wrong BOTW was a great game, but I don't think it was a top 10 game of all time.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Forespoken got low scores cuz publications are racist(allegedly)

Nintendo gets graded on a curve.(allegedly even tho @Fatboi1 put that shyt to bed a few pages ago with them screenshots)

I am once again asking, if these reviews are so flawed, why give them credibility in the first place? considering they clearly are not reviewing in good faith(according to a few in the arcadium), why care at all?

or is this a case of beat your chest when a game(or game from a platform) that you like gets a good score, and likewise make a shyt thread laughing at a game(or game from a platform you dont like) gets low reviews?

and when you think a score is too high just say reviews were dikkriding, and when a score is too low the good ol "they just didnt understand the game"?

I would like an honest explanation

All a low score for a nintendo game means is the game is absolutely terrible. If a game is a 70 it should really be at 40.

Still graded on a curve :lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes bcuz it sounds like you haven’t even played BOTW so you don’t have any real impressions of this game either…your opinion would make far more sense if you actually played the game…don’t get how you can roll your eyes when you have no real basis with which to form your “opinion”…there are ppl who have played the game and don’t feel the 10s are warranted and I can totally understand their perspective regardless if I agree with them or not…seems like you just wanted to be the first to make a thread with something else to say tho

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. By nature of how Nintendo designs their consoles, they don't get the same kind of third party support that the other systems do. As a result, the media spends most of the year complaining about how dry the Nintendo first part schedule is, and saying they're waiting for whatever their next big release is. Then, the game comes out, and really all it has to do is not be terrible, and adjusted for the context of the Nintendo ecosystem, the reviews get juiced.

I’m not gonna lie, I was annoyed af watching the digital foundry “tech review” for this game and was flabbergasted to hear them praising the game for running smoothly on outdated hardware bcuz the previous one didn’t have such a smooth framerate…but in this game it runs consistently at 30FPS…and they gave a lot of the same praises for open-world innovation that BOTW received…shyt was insane lmao

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
yeah hater for sure after reading the OP. But the reviews are predictable though and I'm not sure who would read a review that's a carbon copy of like 20 other reviews its like what else are you really gonna say. Basically you read the digital foundry and then like one or two ign type joints.

this game is an event though. its time to tap in. the beauty of games like this is that everyone will have their own adventure. I remember people thinking skyrim was as far as open world games were gonna go. we here now 🙌

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah hater for sure after reading the OP. But the reviews are predictable though and I'm not sure who would read a review that's a carbon copy of like 20 other reviews its like what else are you really gonna say. Basically you read the digital foundry and then like one or two ign type joints.

this game is an event though. its time to tap in. the beauty of games like this is that everyone will have their own adventure. I remember people thinking skyrim was as far as open world games were gonna go. we here now 🙌

And another disclaimer: ***NOT Every Game Needs To Be Tears of The Kingdom*** after this game comes out. I already see people trying it.

There is NO lesson to be learned here from the industry. Zelda is Zelda, Elden Ring is Elden Ring, God of War is God of War…thats it

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I’m not gonna lie, I was annoyed af watching the digital foundry “tech review” for this game and was flabbergasted to hear them praising the game for running smoothly on outdated hardware bcuz the previous one didn’t have such a smooth framerate…but in this game it runs consistently at 30FPS…and they gave a lot of the same praises for open-world innovation that BOTW received…shyt was insane lmao
I mean most of the reviews are relative to the hardware. Like I get it that you only want to game when 60 FPS is the standard. Games like Xenoblade 3 and Tears are games that utilize everything that the Switch has left to offer and considering the hardware it is impressive. but again Switch is basically somewhere between the PS3/360 and XB1/PS4 base models.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Gaming review gatekeepers. We need more regions involved in game reviews