Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
for one thread can we hate on the true enemy, Nintendo :dead:

Nintendo is keeping me satiated until PS Showcase/FFXVI
full

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
of course that's a cyse....the 360 and PS3 don't have the memory. If they had the memory, then those systems are VERY comparable to the Switch as sad as that is.

Nah bruh, you got it wrong. Dude said it could run on Gamecube and OG Xbox :mjlol:

Daps
I've just come to the conclusion that Nintendo games regularly hit that level for people, and when they hit like that for me, I'm all in on that "best game ever" talk. I played Super Mario Odyssey and after it was over, I was like, this could be the best game I've ever played. :ohhh: I've probably done that with at least one Nintendo game every generation except for maybe Gamecube/Wii.

Nintendo just does that across so many franchises and covers so many different audiences that it's like an inordinate amount of their games get that hype.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Short answer: Yes.

But you shouldn’t let it get to you, it means Spider Man 2 has to go extra hard for GOTY.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Do they mention any technical issues? like a game that struggles with running on 20fps should be taken down a notch or two.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do they mention any technical issues? like a game that struggles with running on 20fps should be taken down a notch or two.

I honestly dont think reviewers care about performance that much unless the game is incredibly broken at launch. T-poses, crashes, quest bugs, falling through floors, bad pop-in, bad loading times, broken animations, etc. etc.

If its only one or two things they will probably be looked over, especially if the rest of the game is damn near perfect. Like Elden Ring

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ehh this isn't exactly the same.

Mario is at the pinnacle of its very specific niche platforming. I don't really see how you can dispute them being excellent games for what they are

god of war, namesake helps sure. still a good series/game

TLOU...definitely even though very good games.

RE no way. their games get dragged when they are bad. when they are good, they get reviewed well. no bias with them.
Mario is a "very specific niche platforming" :dahell: