Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Forespoken got low scores cuz publications are racist(allegedly)

Nintendo gets graded on a curve.(allegedly even tho @Fatboi1 put that shyt to bed a few pages ago with them screenshots)

I am once again asking, if these reviews are so flawed, why give them credibility in the first place? considering they clearly are not reviewing in good faith(according to a few in the arcadium), why care at all?

or is this a case of beat your chest when a game(or game from a platform) that you like gets a good score, and likewise make a shyt thread laughing at a game(or game from a platform you dont like) gets low reviews?

and when you think a score is too high just say reviews were dikkriding, and when a score is too low the good ol "they just didnt understand the game"?

I would like an honest explanation

Here this nikka go again talking facts and reason :martin:

Expecting others to think for themselves and form their own opinions:hhh:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Zelda looks like a game from 2005 (some gamecube era shyt). it annoys me that Ninetndo always gets a pass for these dated ass looking games. Zelda looks mid as hell, glorified DLC for BoTW (which itself looked dated back in 2017), but is hyped to hell by nostalgic fanboys looking on it with rose-tinted glasses :to:

ded40810-da06-11ed-873e-4039570aca71.cf.jpg

lets keep it reality: without the Zelda name, this is a 7/10 type of game :manny:
I understand your problem op and my staff and I have come to an agreed diagnosis for your specific issue. Pull up a chair and take a seat.

stock-photo-young-african-american-doctor-consulting-with-patient-horizontal-157491071.jpg

You see op, the diagnosis is, that Zelda TOTK has too much game for you and that's perfectly fine.
People live long fruitful gaming lives while subsisting on cinematic "games" that are teeming with empty game design calories. They often remove player control and agency for the sake of telling bottom of the dumpster tier stories, and A for awesome is a mainstay flavoring, and most tellingly, you'll find ancient internet memes remade using in character models for weird and creepy attempts at "cool points" for the nerd crowd. People happily play such games every single day, and are none the worse for it, so there's hope for you my friend.

Those mechanically dense games that ask you to use critical thinking and not just headshots and controller naps in your lap while holding the stick up to enact walk slow and talk low scenes sadly enough, aren't contagious so you don't have to worry about catching Git Gud.

Botw/Totk/Deus Ex/Thief/Prey/MGS/etc aren't out to get you and you'll be OK, as long as you monitor your intake and get all your steps in you fat fukk.

Have a good day and put the chair back where you got it from.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif

It's no use getting mad because your favorite cutting-edge tech demo is mid. When it comes to making iconic games that raise the standard on entire genres' gameplay levels, you know what company is bringing the heat.

GOAT of the Wild redefined what an open-world game should be like despite looking like it's running on minimum settings on 240p. Tears of the Kingdom is about to get GOTY and the tears from the opps.

:umad:

What would the list consist of if you went back 10 years? 20 years? 30 years?

Mario and Zelda games....

People really forgetting it used to be Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 at the top of the GOAT ranks.:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
so you guys are full of shyt and pick and choose when to take critic scores seriously. as I figured. thanks for the reply

:russell: gamefreak released a game that looks like it came out in 2004 full of glitches and bullshyt and still has 70+ on metacritic.

If ms or sony released something similar theyd get destroyed. Like redfall is now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The last two Zeldas are like what if Drawn To Life was a game with actual gameplay? You can line up 5 different people and each of them could have solved a puzzle a different way. In most video games there's one way to solve a puzzle.

People looking to be wowed graphically are missing the entire point.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
The last two Zeldas are like what if Drawn To Life was a game with actual gameplay? You can line up 5 different people and each of them could have solved a puzzle a different way. In most video games there's one way to solve a puzzle.

People looking to be wowed graphically are missing the entire point.
People don't want tinker toy like game mechanics, they want guided experiences that are emotionally manipulative so they can feel validated, like the time spent gaming isn't a waste.

Nintendo is all about that tinker toy aspect of game design, hence the strong disavowal of Nintendo's games from so many insecure people.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russell: gamefreak released a game that looks like it came out in 2004 full of glitches and bullshyt and still has 70+ on metacritic.

If ms or sony released something similar theyd get destroyed. Like redfall is now.
When gameplay is king and the main focus you can get away with that.:manny:

Playstation and especially not MS can't because how good a 1st party game MIGHT be is base off graphics 1st. Then performance, then gameplay.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Botw = Boring story, boring characters, bad performance
Zelda is as much about story as Mario. The story is just an excuse for the gameplay. At it's best Zelda will only ever really have a serviceable story because it's not about story.

These last 2 games are a sandbox you're put in with a range of tools and the developer is like "let's see what you can do with this."