Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
In no order best games of the last 20 years

RE4 OG
Elden Ring
GTA 4/5 take your pick
Half Life 2
Super Mario Galaxy
UC2
Mass Effect 2
Halo 2
Persona 5 Royal
TLOU1
RDR2
GOW2018
Skyrim
DMC
Madden 05
The Witcher 3
BloodBorne
Nier: Automata (this is a personal choice)

I guess you can throw your zelda of choice on here, but def not two. and def now 1 and 3 :mjlol:
i'd argue that the re4 remake is leagues better than the OG - but are you rating is based off industry impact? if so, yea.

i'd also assume thats the same reason you put tlou 1 instead of 2 or the remake.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
i'd argue that the re4 remake is leagues better than the OG - but are you rating is based off industry impact? if so, yea.

i'd also assume thats the same reason you put tlou 1 instead of 2 or the remake.

Yea impact n time. I Loveeeeeee the remake and its better but the og was generation defining

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
I just was on MC and saw they gave wind waker a 96...no game with that dogshyt ocean busy work portion half way through the game should have a near perfect score :mjlol:

I did think that game was goated till that, then as a shorty I was this is fukking ass and a waste of time since leading up to that it was piff dungeon after dungeon.
nah fam, you're wilding, the first time you come across one of those giant octopus nikkas in the depths and wind up killing it with arrows and boomerang - classic fukking moment for me. that shyt was like survival horror as a shorty.
It would be fun to see elden ring and botw battle it out for GOTY
botw takes that one breh.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
fukk what cats are saying - Nintendo games are as well reviewed as they are because of their ability to maintain that magical quality for as long as they have, period.

they're essentially grandfathered in, to good reviews because all of their flagship titles are top tier, and even when they're not, they are.

for example lets compare FE 3H to FE engage. 3H is a classic, and engage is just meh. But Nintendo "meh" is 7/8 outta 10 at worst, most consistently.

there are no wide outliers in the quality of their content.
Well for that particular example. 3H is story driven with gameplay being ehhhhhhhh. Meanwhile Engage has great gameplay (best since the old school FE games) with a serviceable story at best.

But generally speaking consistency is so important. With Nintendo and Sony since the end of the PS4 gen with their first party games you know what to expect. If it is a franchise and genre you like at worst you are getting a solid game and a great game half the time.

Look at the mainline Mario, God of War and Zelda games. These games at worst are solid and are great more times then not. Nintendo and now Sony has a brand you can trust. Metroid Dread was top notch. ghost of tsunami was top notch as well for the PS4. Spiderman and Animal Crossing as giant console sellers.

Granted more people here don't really fukk with Nintendo because majority of their IP's are either too casual like Animal Crossing or aren't single player story driven.

Starfield should be a hit, but beyond that it is more of an unknown. Which is the big difference and the hurdle Microsoft has to overcome.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Well for that particular example. 3H is story driven with gameplay being ehhhhhhhh. Meanwhile Engage has great gameplay (best since the old school FE games) with a serviceable story at best.

But generally speaking consistency is so important. With Nintendo and Sony since the end of the PS4 gen with their first party games you know what to expect. If it is a franchise and genre you like at worst you are getting a solid game and a great game half the time.

Look at the mainline Mario, God of War and Zelda games. These games at worst are solid and are great more times then not. Nintendo and now Sony has a brand you can trust. Metroid Dread was top notch. ghost of tsunami was top notch as well for the PS4. Spiderman and Animal Crossing as giant console sellers.

Granted more people here don't really fukk with Nintendo because majority of their IP's are either too casual like Animal Crossing or aren't single player story driven.

Starfield should be a hit, but beyond that it is more of an unknown. Which is the big difference and the hurdle Microsoft has to overcome.

i actually prefer 3H in every way to engage (i literally just started engage 2 days ago). engage is the fates to 3h awakening (somehow with a worse story and writing. damn that writing is so fukking bad). im pretty sure thats what they're on, similar to DS1 and DS2.

I agree 100 percent on your takes.

I'm not sold on starfield, Bethesda hasn't really done anything good since skyrim (and honestly, skyrim was a step backwards in alot of ways), IMHO. Fallout 4 was a major personal disappointment, not to mention the drama with their more recent releases and how starfield is literally no mans sky. Microsoft may be dunzo if they can't create some solid first party joints, but it seemed like at the beginning of the generation, they were more concerned with being an "entertainment box" than a competitive gaming machine.

Nintendo is a great example of consistency without bending to mainstream whims.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
been playing non-stop since release, so far its easily my favorite game this year, i loved BoTW and this feels like botw with actual more functional fun stuff. Just the use of the new abilities and tools make the shrines actually fun to do and diverse. Love the physics engine in this game.

With all that said, i still 100% expect FFXVI to be my personal GOTY. As of right now, BoTW still feels a little too familiar, and I expect Spider-Man 2 to feel that way also, even though i won’t have to struggle through terrible aliasing, low res and horrible framerates for the latter. SM2 will at least have the honor of being a current gen show piece.

7dec25b70d31d128616278bbd818fd0cc1a4502f.gif

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Y’all weird foreal.

This board has non stop useless threads.

And i’m 100% positive you’ve NEVER walked into any of them and proclaimed anyone was “clogging up the sub forum”

You could have ignored this thread like you do 99% of the threads here, but naw, you in here complaining.

If y’all thinks it’s better in the main thread @hex merge this shyt.

I don’t have any problem talking about this in the main thread. I legit thought it made sense not to fukk up that thread with a side conversation.

Let’s go back in there an do it. Then we can see what @DaSk8D00D and @Thatrogueassdiaz have to say about the topic of my post instead of being in here acting like some hoes :mjlol:

Edit: And they actually moved it already :mjlol:

Mods are crazy on here :mjlol:
No you didn't. You're not fooling no one

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
This game plays like DLC.. and in landing in on the same map as before? Thats od crazy. Big zelda fan but this definitely not a top tier zelda game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I'm playing this at 4k at a steady 30 fps on emu and the issue isn't that this game is ugly, its just fukkING BORING. I guess most people love this whole "isnt it so fun and wacky how you cab play a zeldafied banjo nuts and bolts tee hee" but the shyt is dry asf to me. I don't care if I can do a puzzle 89 diff ways when the reward is a fukking heart or stamina or a seed or whatever gay ass busy work this game throws at you in between you running around endlessly with your flimsy ass weapons and dogshyt combat

I was initally like this game is coo but I'm quickly throwing this into straight overrated/I don't get it territory.

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
I'm playing this at 4k at a steady 30 fps on emu and the issue isn't that this game is ugly, its just fukkING BORING. I guess most people love this whole "isnt it so fun and wacky how you cab play a zeldafied banjo nuts and bolts tee hee" but the shyt is dry asf to me. I don't care if I can do a puzzle 89 diff ways when the reward is a fukking heart or stamina or a seed or whatever gay ass busy work this game throws at you in between you running around endlessly with your flimsy ass weapons and dogshyt combat

I was initally like this game is coo but I'm quickly throwing this into straight overrated/I don't get it territory.
Why you still playing?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@The Mad Titan favorite internet content creator throwing gas on the fire

He is absolutely right. This game looks not much different then BOTW which came out 6 years ago. Granted given the switch has never had a pro or successor yet this doesn't come as a surprise.

Still games like Tears and Xenoblade 3 perform really well given the hardware they are on. Which is what I assume is what reviewers base their scores on only the software. Optimization for those games is great given the hardware. Compared to Jedi Survivor which we all know launched with issues on next-gen hardware and pc.

Should the hardware be added to the equation when giving review scores? Hard to say imo. Because the software itself isn't an issue if it is using the hardware to its full capacity. No question it is annoying that the Switch is severely behind in terms of power from the other 2.