Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was one red flag after another with that game, the fact that it ended up the way that it did is the reason that thread exists
People ignored the "red" fall flags :pachaha:

It was clear that something was off about the game the more time went on, but... the fact that they kept promoting and showing it off kinda made people feel like there had to be something more to it.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You been posting his content a lot to say I'm a fan:sas1:

As far as visuals, what was the last Nintendo 1st party game where the visuals blew you away?:jbhmm: Or even was a determining factor in the purchase.

Nintendo hasn't played that game since the GameCube and they've been better for it.

Playstation, PC and Xbox whole shtick is graphics options, and customization.

Y'all won't even play most these games attention on these "high end consoles" if they don't look visually striking in some way.

Y'all was in the red fall thread crying about how 30fps is unacceptable, and just like I said most of y'all got Zelda and playing it at 24 fps and 900p having a BLAST :mjlol:

When it boils down to it.

Gameplay will usually get you a 10/10 if you focus on that 1st and do the best you can in other areas.

Nintendo understands this.

Gameplay>>>>>>

60 fps is objectively better than 30. Its just if the game is compelling people will over look. redfall was not AND a fps where visual fluidity is of utmost importance AND it still graphically looked like shyt with trash art direction.

I'm not a stan of TOTK but gameplay wise it is very solid if you like the gameplay loop and has a decent art direction. these are not 1:1 comparisons.

Yes people like to be wowed by visuals with their new console ya'll be trying to act like thats a gotcha but I've been gaming since I was like 2, im 33 now. every gen nikkas geeked out over the jump in graphical fidelity. No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a new console and it looks like some shyt from 6 years ago. Nintendo gets away with it because of their stans and also the portability (which is ironic because games look and run even worse portable)

personally I think botw/totk look like doo doo water visually. Even on a emu upscaled to the heavens its unimpressive. can't imagine playing this shyt on my OLED with the switch :scusthov:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll probably never get over the fact that Skyward Sword is a 93 on metacritic lol

I think that score is much more blatant media bias more than anything talked about in this thread

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’ll probably never get over the fact that Skyward Sword is a 93 on metacritic lol

I think that score is much more blatant media bias more than anything talked about in this thread

didnt that game have like the worst control scheme ever or sumthing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:skip: I’ve gotten kinda bored already. Went back to RE4 this morning.

I do feel like the more time i spend on the ground in hyrule the more it feels like BoTW dlc

It only starts to feel different when you’re in the sky islands, underground or in a dungeon. But the majority of shrines and quests are on the ground so you’re kind of forced to spend a lot of time there.

The amount of time it takes to get to a interesting looking sky island and get up there only to find out theres nothing on it has made me less interested in traversing up there

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Remember that time Nintendo promised cutting edge graphics and 60 FPS for all first party titles on the Switch?

Me neither.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I just was on MC and saw they gave wind waker a 96...no game with that dogshyt ocean busy work portion half way through the game should have a near perfect score :mjlol:

I did think that game was goated till that, then as a shorty I was this is fukking ass and a waste of time since leading up to that it was piff dungeon after dungeon.
WW is one of the GOATs. Definitely over OoT for me.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
The way Nintendo gets praised is wild. The benefit for having your games target children. BOTW was trash, and the 30 min I played of Tears put me to sleep.

Botw = Boring story, boring characters, bad performance
Wait...you thought BOTW was trash, and still bought TotK, the direct sequel, knowing it would play almost exactly like Botw? Why?

That's like thinking OoT was garbage, but you still buy MM.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
When gameplay is king and the main focus you can get away with that.:manny:

Playstation and especially not MS can't because how good a 1st party game MIGHT be is base off graphics 1st. Then performance, then gameplay.
HZD is one of the prettiest games I've played, but the side quests and wooden characters just keep me from finishing the damn thing.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:manny: I can't give something 10/10, only contained 3 hours of actual/meaningful content.
I mean meaningful content is subject at the end of the day. Some people love the feeling of getting lost and exploring and trying new things.

These past 2 Zelda games basically put the player in the driver seat.

Obviously for those people that want a linear story driven game this aint the game for you.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I mean meaningful content is subject at the end of the day. Some people love the feeling of getting lost and exploring and trying new things.

These past 2 Zelda games basically put the player in the driver seat.

Obviously for those people that want a linear story driven game this aint the game for you.

Good & Distinct rewards/challenges are meaningful content and this regardless of linearity. Exploration is a feature to push content.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Graphics aren’t everything.

If the game is fun then its fun. At this point after 30 years I think the audience has certain expectations and as long as Nintendo adheres to those expectations then the game will be satisfying to fans.

I mean really, why be pressed over a Zelda game getting good reviews? Are the mechanics fukked up? The battle system broken? The lore tarnished? No? Then who gives a fukk?