Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Graphics aren’t everything.

If the game is fun then its fun. At this point after 30 years I think the audience has certain expectations and as long as Nintendo adheres to those expectations then the game will be satisfying to fans.

I mean really, why be pressed over a Zelda game getting good reviews? Are the mechanics fukked up? The battle system broken? The lore tarnished? No? Then who gives a fukk?

Some people are mad the games they were looking forward to got horrible reviews so they’re projecting their bittnerness onto zelda. This isn’t referring to the people who have actually played a decent amount of it and just didn’t like it but the people who are immediately angry that it got rated so high in the first place

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
These reviewers are supposed to be non biased and they are supposed be able to understand that not every game is for everyone.

This game getting 10’s is misleading because if you didn’t care for BOTW then you won’t care for this.

If you don’t like cell shading graphics hoarding ingredients to cook and solving puzzles then this game isn’t for you.

The reviewers are supposed to mention that, but no. Nintendo games are graded on a curve and if your nostalgia funny bone is tickled then it’s an automatic ten.

I own and played a good amount of BOTW and I just didn’t get the hype. I expect reviewers to put out disclaimers and say IF you never cared about Zelda before then don’t bother with this one.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
These reviewers are supposed to be non biased and they are supposed be able to understand that not every game is for everyone.

This game getting 10’s is misleading because if you didn’t care for BOTW then you won’t care for this.

If you don’t like cell shading graphics hoarding ingredients to cook and solving puzzles then this game isn’t for you.

The reviewers are supposed to mention that, but no. Nintendo games are graded on a curve and if your nostalgia funny bone is tickled then it’s an automatic ten.

I own and played a good amount of BOTW and I just didn’t get the hype. I expect reviewers to put out disclaimers and say IF you never cared about Zelda before then don’t bother with this one.

Can't speak for everybody of course but I do recall SkillUp and Gameranx mentioning in previews and reviews that if you didn't like BotW this probably isn't going to change your mind or if you want a more straightforward, linear style of adventure game then you won't enjoy this as much because it requires a lot more thinking/planning with everything you do

kinda just comes down to the quality of that particular reviewer, the better ones are always gonna keep it real :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

They have to rate it high asf otherwise they look stupid because they basically already said botw is perfect and this is an improvement on “perfection” so a lesser score would look silly…I agree though. shyt went from, to good, to mid asf very quickly for me. I simply dont have the patience for this type of game. Its content for the sake of content.

ER around every corner its some new possibly useful thing or a cool boss. I cant get excited about stamina boosts (and with as much running/climbing stamina should be fukking free anyway) or another korok seed. shyts dry

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i read some of the reviews. just looks to me like theyre relative because the way you play the game is relative

always have been, but it seems like nintendo somehow did it that way on purpose

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I simply dont have the patience for this type of game. Its content for the sake of content.
This is what prevents all modern Nintendo games from being “great” from my perspective.

They are all created so an 8 year old can complete them. Any advanced challenge or gameplay is simply based on your own desire to do so.

Like if you wanna earn all the stamina boosts and find all the korok seeds you can, but Nintendo is never gonna throw a challenge at you that makes you actually feel like you need to collect everything.

I felt the same with Mario odyssey. I enjoyed the game, but all of the most challenging, and compelling gameplay was hidden behind random moons that didn’t really matter.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You and titan pretty much shyt on any non-gamepass/xbox game at this point. Its old :unimpressed:

Zelda is too much of a kids game but yall stan Grounded
You just see what you want to see.

Gamepass got you broken. It’s all you ever talk about.

You are obsessed with xbox and gamepass. Two things you claim are terrible and that you don’t care about.

Get some help:huhldup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You just see what you want to see.

Gamepass got you broken. It’s all you ever talk about.

You are obsessed with xbox and gamepass. Two things you claim are terrible and that you don’t care about.

Get some help:huhldup:

We know your shtick, everything not associated with xbox or gamepass is unimpressive, overrated, or nitpicked to death. Never the same energy for gamepass fodder that you gas like atomic heart or high on life

giphy.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This is what prevents all modern Nintendo games from being “great” from my perspective.

They are all created so an 8 year old can complete them. Any advanced challenge or gameplay is simply based on your own desire to do so.

Like if you wanna earn all the stamina boosts and find all the korok seeds you can, but Nintendo is never gonna throw a challenge at you that makes you actually feel like you need to collect everything.

I felt the same with Mario odyssey. I enjoyed the game, but all of the most challenging, and compelling gameplay was hidden behind random moons that didn’t really matter.

I gave up after like ten hours and just watched a boss compilation to see if they looked fun enough to keep going.

decided I'm not missing a goddamn thing phoning it in at this point :unimpressed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We know your shtick, everything not associated with xbox or gamepass is unimpressive, overrated, or nitpicked to death. Never the same energy for gamepass fodder that you gas like atomic heart or high on life

giphy.gif
I didn’t gas either one of those games.

If you go in the threads about those games and read my posts, i said the types of things about those games that would get y’all all riled up if i said them about a sony game.

I was critical about them in the same way im critical about any game.

Like i said, you just see what you want to see. It’s all projection and it’s gotten weird at this point. Take a step back and get yourself together breh.