Al Gore: Africa needs “fertility management” to prevent overpopulation and “extreme weather”

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Except the quote about the need for birth control and birth control education was a general statement about the whole world, not specifically Africa. There was a later statement he made about Africa's soaring population and how it will eventually pass India and China, which was one caveat in a lengthy forum discussion about global climate change and overpopulation. But the "fertility management" comment was a general comment about the whole world.

This is a non-story. It sounds like nobody read the article except for @The Real. Thekingsmen got y'all with the thread title. How do you get fooled by thekingsmen? :heh: That's like getting shot by Elmer Fudd.
:manny:

wasn't paying attention

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why the fukk is Al-Gore worried about Africa? That should be your question. It's a non-story to you because you are a liberal who believes in this crap he spits. Poor People need education, food, clean sanitation and water in Africa not just birth control pills and condoms.

Maybe if they Gays in the op or title...than it's a issue.

He talked specifically about education and child mortality, so why are you saying "people need education" as if you're saying something different than him? And guess what? Combating climate change results in things like cleaner sanitation and water regardless.

And when did Gore or myself say that people in Africa needed contraception more than they needed anything else? I just said it would be a good thing. You are the one cherrypicking here, taking one line about contraception among all the other stuff he said and decontextualizing it, distorting it, and blowing it way out of proportion. Even if you don't believe in climate change, how exactly are initiatives to give Africans access to contraceptives, education, and to lower child mortality rates a bad thing?

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Translation: I'm a eugenicist. Get rid of these nikkas :camby:

The eugenics movement never truly left, did it? It just went undercover as the Green movement.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I dont think there was a mis interpretation by KTL, he called for fertility management and then named nations that he feels should manage fertility.

Its very cut and dry.

The question is, who is he to call for them to manage their fertility, and why is it a concern to him more so then the poverty that these nations experience. That poverty isnt due to fertility management.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dont think there was a mis interpretation by KTL, he called for fertility management and then named nations that he feels should manage fertility.

Its very cut and dry.

The question is, who is he to call for them to manage their fertility, and why is it a concern to him more so then the poverty that these nations experience. That poverty isnt due to fertility management.

It partially is, actually, but that's not the point. The point is that he called for education for all, empowering little girls, reducing the child mortality rate and keeping children alive, and access to contraceptives, but somehow yall are fixated on the last part and behaving like illiterates.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It partially is, actually, but that's not the point. The point is that he called for education for all, empowering little girls, reducing the child mortality rate and keeping children alive, and access to contraceptives, but somehow yall are fixated on the last part and behaving like illiterates.
I think you need to check your demonic tone before you destroy the possibility of angelic discourse out the window, friend. :sitdown:

This isnt how people should be treated or spoken to. There is no justification.

People have genuine concerns for Al's motivations to speak on what other nations should be doing and this doesnt give you a right to be insulting because of what you perceive to be friends misconstruing what hes saying.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Except the quote about the need for birth control and birth control education was a general statement about the whole world, not specifically Africa. There was a later statement he made about Africa's soaring population and how it will eventually pass India and China, which was one caveat in a lengthy forum discussion about global climate change and overpopulation. But the "fertility management" comment was a general comment about the whole world.

This is a non-story. It sounds like nobody read the article except for @The Real. Thekingsmen got y'all with the thread title. How do you get fooled by thekingsmen? :heh: That's like getting shot by Elmer Fudd.

So theres no need to worry about a rich white mans intentions in Africa? :mjpls:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Where did he do that? I saw him say the world needs better fertility management, women's education, and lower child mortality rates. Then I saw a paragraph where it was noted that he said Africa's population is on pace to surpass India and China during the forum discussion, with no direct quote.

Also thekingsmen didn't link his source.

He said it's more important than poverty? :ohhh: I must've missed that part. Overpopulation and poverty are linked btw. It's not either/or.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Where did he do that? I saw him say the world needs better fertility management, women's education, and lower child mortality rates. Then I saw a paragraph where it was noted that he said Africa's population is on pace to surpass India and China during the forum discussion, with no direct quote.

Also thekingsmen didn't link his source.

He said it's more important than poverty? :ohhh: I must've missed that part. Overpopulation and poverty are linked btw. It's not either/or.
I think you're smart enough to realize what hes saying. The subject of the topic is fertility management as it relates to the environment and then a specific region was listed. Friend, im not a rocket scientist but i can read between the lines here. Thats what i see and what alot of people in the comment section of the article see. You dont see it, and im sure thats good for you.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I can't believe I ever voted for this CAC :pacspit:

41ae43cf7d59a84641ee8da3366d9e30.gif

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Did he just compare the population of Africa (a continent) to that of India and China (countries)?

And though all the issues Gore mentioned are important, they are all linked to the main issues of poverty and lack of infrastructure. Take care of those two and things will happen for the better.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: IVS