Al Gore: Africa needs “fertility management” to prevent overpopulation and “extreme weather”

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think you need to check your demonic tone before you destroy the possibility of angelic discourse out the window, friend. :sitdown:

This isnt how people should be treated or spoken to. There is no justification.

People have genuine concerns for Al's motivations to speak on what other nations should be doing and this doesnt give you a right to be insulting because of what you perceive to be friends misconstruing what hes saying.

My tone isn't demonic, friend. What's really demonic is the great sin of ignorance, and many in this thread have clearly not even bothered to read the article, and yet are freely making up things to be outraged about it.

If people were genuinely concerned about what Gore is saying, then they would be actually reading his words instead of making up things and getting emotional for no reason.

The kneejerk emotion, grandstanding, and ignorance in this thread is the exact opposite of angelic discourse. I am trying to steer things towards actual angelic discourse, friend.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Did he just compare population the population of Africa (a continent) to India and China (countries)?

Indian and China both have larger populations than the entire continent of Africa (and I think all of the continents taken into individual consideration).

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My tone isn't demonic, friend. What's really demonic is the great sin of ignorance, and many in this thread have clearly not even bothered to read the article, and yet are freely making up things to be outraged about it.

If people were genuinely concerned about what Gore is saying, then they would be actually reading his words instead of making up things and getting emotional for no reason.

The kneejerk emotion, grandstanding, and ignorance in this thread is the exact opposite of angelic discourse. I am trying to steer things towards actual angelic discourse, friend.
Are you saying that the people in the comment section that are vocalizing the same things we are, are seeing something that is not there? Do you think that maybe you just dont see it that way but its possible that this is a valid observation?

You dont steer things angelically by insulting the people you want to speak with angelically, friend. You dont want people talking to you that way, so lets show the same respect.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I think you're smart enough to realize what hes saying. The subject of the topic is fertility management as it relates to the environment and then a specific region was listed. Friend, im not a rocket scientist but i can read between the lines here. Thats what i see and what alot of people in the comment section of the article see. You dont see it, and im sure thats good for you.
It was an economic forum on climate change and overpopulation. Africa has the fastest growth rate of any continent right now. *shock* That got mentioned. And he suggested the world needs better access and education on contraception, better women's education, and lower child mortality rates. Oh no! :merchant:

Never mind though. Al Gore and Bill Gates are in their Dr. Evil's lair plotting to make the black race go extinct. They might even make another documentary that gets glowing reviews at the Sundance Festival! :why:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are you saying that the people in the comment section that are vocalizing the same things we are, are seeing something that is not there?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, friend. The problem with kneejerk emotion is that it's easy to get caught up in a mob mentality because you see that other people are outraged and assume that you should be, too, and so don't read past the headline. It is a dangerous, demonic force, friend, and prevents us from thinking for ourselves and evaluating the evidence so that we can come to reasonable conclusions. It's so demonic, friend.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, friend. The problem with kneejerk emotion is that it's easy to get caught up in a mob mentality because you see that other people are outraged and assume that you should be, too, and so don't read past the headline. It is a dangerous, demonic force, friend, and prevents us from thinking for ourselves and evaluating the evidence so that we can come to reasonable conclusions. It's so demonic, friend.
Why do you think Al Gore pushes for less people in the world instead of revamping products that harm the environment?

Do you believe that the flatulence of to many Africans will harm the air in 50 years?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
How many of you fit into one of these groups:

1) You have not fathered children yet because you are not ready or haven't met someone? You want to establish a solid foundation before you have children or just don't want children?

2) You have children, but want to keep the number of children to a manageable level as to have proper time and financial stability to provide properly?

3) Fathered 6+ kids and will continue to father children to increase population size?

I'd be willing to bet that all of you fall into the first two categories. So if you recognize the need for proper management and tools to fit into the first two groups, what the hell are you outraged about?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Al Gore isn't a racist. I've met him, played Spades with him, and eaten dinner with him on at least 3 occasions at his house.

:whoo:Weird to come into a thread in HL and see so many baseless opinions posted as facts. Coli posters in all forums have devolved into a 24 hr obsession with race that wasn't the focus of this site when it 1st started. Every thread is a race thread regardless of the topic or content. What happened to this place?

Besides all that, there's nothing conspiratorial about what he said. Africans do need access to contraception. The ability to plan parenthood is what separates the haves from the have nots. One of the greatest evils perpetuated by the Catholic Church is their crusade against contraception at a time when Africa is under siege from AIDS, famine and poverty. Even the dwindling population of Catholics in Europe and the US admit to using contraception to plan their pregnancies. Why shouldn't Africans have access to the same modern tools of empowerment that the rest of us enjoy?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It was an economic forum on climate change and overpopulation. Africa has the fastest growth rate of any continent right now. *shock* That got mentioned. And he suggested the world needs better access and education on contraception, better women's education, and lower child mortality rates. Oh no! :merchant:

Never mind though. Al Gore and Bill Gates are in their Dr. Evil's lair plotting to make the black race go extinct. They might even make another documentary that gets glowing reviews at the Sundance Festival! :why:

If Africa had a better system for abortions, wouldnt infant mortality be a lot higher, friend? :sitdown: So you have to ask yourself, are you really concerned about infant morality, or something else. Contraception i can understand. but tying this into hurting the environment really isnt coming together for people. Now if more products are developed that allow for clean energy, what is the problem at that point? Why would an American or someone in Europe, hold a convention to discuss the rising number of people in Africa in 50 years, and want to take steps to curb those numbers instead of holding a convention on eliminating harmful emissions and solely focusing their attention on that.

Last edited:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Al Gore isn't a racist. I've met him, played Spades with him, and eaten dinner with him on at least 3 occasions at his house.

:whoo:Weird to come into a thread in HL and see so many baseless opinions posted as facts. Coli posters in all forums have devolved into a 24 hr obsession with race that wasn't the focus of this site when it 1st started. Every thread is a race thread regardless of the topic or content. What happened to this place?

Besides all that, there's nothing conspiratorial about what he said. Africans do need access to contraception. The ability to plan parenthood is what separates the haves from the have nots. One of the greatest evils perpetuated by the Catholic Church is their crusade against contraception at a time when Africa is under siege from AIDS, famine and poverty. Even the dwindling population of Catholics in Europe and the US admit to using contraception to plan their pregnancies. Why shouldn't Africans have access to the same modern tools of empowerment that the rest of us enjoy?

:mjlol:

i dunno where you've been. it's always been like this. i mean, we're talking about a board where "you're a cac/c00n" is the default response to almost every disagreement.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hey you guys have to many people can you use more condoms and have more abortions, you're going to harm the environment with your population size as you develop. :sitdown:

*thanks for your concern but we only use solar and wind energy here, our skies are beautiful, our emissions are low and our water is clean. Have a nice day*:youngsabo:

:patrice:
Yea, but i was still thinking you have to many people :beli:

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown: