After going to Home Depot recently I'm starting to think that we do in fact need a mass deportation.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That one Mexican doesn’t reprensent all Mexicans anymore than ignorant Blacks like Candice Owens, Sheriff David Clarke, or Clarence Thomas represent all of us as Blacks.

I can find examples of ignorance that cross into all racial lines.

I would crack that piece of shyt moist backs skull for trying to bully that elderly man.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
:patrice:Where your people from, breh?

Lotta c00ns in here, giving away jobs that ain't even theirs. I'm actually disgusted. It's not just black women that look down on blue collar work. :mjpls:
I’m black :childplease:

I’m not with the divisive tribalism talk, if you’re black you’re my people

I don’t even understand, what’s the second part of your statement is insinuating

Who looks down on blue collar jobs I for sure certainly do not and I know a lot of sisters that date blue collar guys

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
They be at war with the Hispanic immigrants for those under the table jobs
I hope the African Brehs get it instead of the the Hispanic guys :yeshrug:

We need as many black people in the country working as possible , Mexicans lowkey hate us anyway so if I’m going to get work done off the books I’m definitely using the African brehs

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I work shoulder to shoulder with the Spaniards if u good it don’t matter. In my experience young negroes don’t want to do this work. My nephews said they good at Walmart and Amazon. I know some good techs and the spaniards aren’t even a factor. There’s still not enough to keep up with the demand. If u have sons that are on the fence about where they want to go in life send them to trade school not college.
:yeshrug: is what it is

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
This is fukked up but true.....during civid wanted to put a wooden fence in my backyard.

Looked at several contractors...went with a brother older guy....and he went to FAMU just to add.

Gave him the job, to put the fence in....3-4 days later noticed a smell by the backyard...wasn't sure but got nervous...called the gas company...they came out and dug up the backyard and found the pinched line......

:mjpls:
Thought you was finna say breh grew some weed plants in your backyard like Melvin in baby boy :whew:

Glad he didn’t embarrass us :blessed:

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Hispanics will still give out the lowest bid but they will usually end up cutting corners like someone else said. I no longer deal with handymen which is the category most of them fall under because you end up paying 2x-3x fixing their mistake(s). They are usually not as knowledgeable as skilled tradesman the next step up so you are better off watching Youtube to Do It Yourself. I've got almost 500sq ft of glued down Engineered Hardwood I'm going to tear up and replace when I have some downtime because the dummy who installed it didn't understand floor leveling basics.

I am only a DIY'er but I feel there is inherent prejudice against black men working on/in someones home particular which is why I think some will take a cheaper hispanic contractor or a white contractor (who hires out hispanics). My guess is younger black men are not getting into the trades because the learning curve of working under whites/hispanics who operate with a pack mentality is discouraging in the road to becoming a journeyman-master. There aren't enough Gen-X/Boomer Black men to bridge that gap. And you are not making 25+ an hour in most areas unless you are already working yourself to the bone with OT.

Alot of handymen/contractors are acting like barbers no matter the race these days though so y'all better get used to paying top dollar either way.