After going to Home Depot recently I'm starting to think that we do in fact need a mass deportation.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ding ding ding. This is by design. You will NEVER see or hear GOP going after or punishing companies who constantly hire these illegal immigrants in droves. The cheap labor is far too lucrative. Plus those companies hiring illegal immigrants are usually the biggest political donors.

They still have to put up the facade of being tough on illegal immigration though. You need something to rile up dumb voters enough to get them to the polls. So keep saying how they're raping, killing, and committing all these crimes yet still have the time to take all these jobs and welfare too. :heh:

It's just not a real problem they want to actually solve

Trump’s golf club workers were all undocumented including the lady who personally cleaned his cottage for years. This was in 2016 when he decided to base his campaign on attacking immigrants.

Dollars to donuts, he still has undocumented workers at his golf clubs and hotels.

The immigration issue is another culture war issue for these folks. They don’t want to solve immigration system because cheap labor is key component of the construction, hospitality, agriculture, food processing industries etc. You can hate immigrants all you want, but this country would collapse without them. What's ironic is that the same people bytching about migrant workers are the same people who are against raising the minimum wage to a living wage. The same damn people. They are also the same penny pinching mfkers always complaning about the "Biden inflation".

Bunch of bozos really.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:dead: I’m sorry this shouldn’t be funny. But you must have never been to Cali cause nikkas have been complaining about shyt like this since the 90’s.

They also say the construction and union jobs are dominated by Mexicans and they look out for their own above anything.

It’s just funny to me you had Home Depot and deportation in the same sentence. It would be so many Mexicans standing outside Home Depot just waiting to get some work

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
:dead: I’m sorry this shouldn’t be funny. But you must have never been to Cali cause nikkas have been complaining about shyt like this since the 90’s.

They also say the construction and union jobs are dominated by Mexicans and they look out for their own above anything.

It’s just funny to me you had Home Depot and deportation in the same sentence. It would be so many Mexicans standing outside Home Depot just waiting to get some work
Texas and Cali saw this coming almost 3 decades ago! The north is just starting to see more now that it’s not taboo for them to migrate more north.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Black Americans becoming the new MAGAs you hate to see it :francis:

Instead of leveling up and taking it as a challenge, you get scared and turn full blown Karen

A tether who is eating off of the sacrifices of ADOS/FBa ancestors would say something like this :francis:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
One thing that doesn’t get talked about a lot, is that a lot of Black women really look down on men who do Blue collar work. That’s crazy when some of these jobs pay really good money. I know welders making over $150k.
No the fukk they don’t :camby: If a man makes good money women will fukk with them. Take that racist shyt somewhere else fakkit

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Hispanics will still give out the lowest bid but they will usually end up cutting corners like someone else said. I no longer deal with handymen which is the category most of them fall under because you end up paying 2x-3x fixing their mistake(s). They are usually not as knowledgeable as skilled tradesman the next step up so you are better off watching Youtube to Do It Yourself. I've got almost 500sq ft of glued down Engineered Hardwood I'm going to tear up and replace when I have some downtime because the dummy who installed it didn't understand floor leveling basics.

I am only a DIY'er but I feel there is inherent prejudice against black men working on/in someones home particular which is why I think some will take a cheaper hispanic contractor or a white contractor (who hires out hispanics). My guess is younger black men are not getting into the trades because the learning curve of working under whites/hispanics who operate with a pack mentality is discouraging in the road to becoming a journeyman-master. There aren't enough Gen-X/Boomer Black men to bridge that gap. And you are not making 25+ an hour in most areas unless you are already working yourself to the bone with OT.

Alot of handymen/contractors are acting like barbers no matter the race these days though so y'all better get used to paying top dollar either way.
I needed a door lock installed. Literally an hours worth of work. Called a “locksmith” (middle easterns have the locksmith game on lock in Atlanta). Dude quoted me at $600. I asked him how much was the lock. Amazon had it for $50. So you are telling me your service/skill costs $500?

Ended up buying everything and doing the work myself. Costed under $150 not including my time (took me 3 hours though).

Had to get a toilet installed. Again the contractor wanted $900 for two hours worth of work. It was an emergency plus I wanted peace of mind. I’m chopping it up with the young dude. He’s been on the job for a year. Technically he’s not a plumber. They finessed me but I didn’t have the time and didn’t want my water to be out for half a day.

Oil change at the dealership used to be $50 an hour. Now it’s $120+.

Point is these “tradesmen” are finessing America. But everything is going up. I remember when I could get a haircut for $15 in 2016. Good luck finding a barber under $40 in Atlanta. The game is the game and people need to feed their families.
:manny:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A tether who is eating off of the sacrifices of ADOS/FBa ancestors would say something like this :francis:

What does this even mean? :heh: I’m pretty sure the civil rights ancestors are resting and that man is eating off his own efforts.

That’s where you got the game twisted. This is a capitalistic society. It’s ain’t fair and you eat what you kill.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
They aren't supposed to be here, and they're not supposed to be able to work under minimum wage. It is a large part of the reason Black people are out of the Blue Collar middle class. You can justify it however you want, it needs to stop. If they weren't there, the wages would go back up, and Blacks would go back to them.
Why don't you vouch for punishing CEOs and owners who give them jobs? They're not showing up with a gun and holding them hostages or are they?:patrice:

If there weren't here, wages would stay same and jobs would be needed to fill in. We are are saw this happen. Wages stayed the same.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I want to be nice today, so...

The belief that removing immigrants would restore wages for Black workers and reinstate the Blue Collar middle class oversimplifies things.

Your post also overlooks the conditions that contributed to the decline in the first place. Wage stagnation is primarily influenced by larger factors such as automation, globalization, greed, and systemic racial issues, rather than just the presence of immigrants.

The real solution lies in addressing those systemic inequalities, the rampant corporatism, unregulated capitalism, and corporate greed that's smothering us all, rather than just focusing on immigration. One of the most effective ways to improving things is through unionization. Something the people you support spend billions trying to dismantle. What's sad is the people who put the batter in your back promote this narrow view to obscure those real issues, because they benefit from exploiting the situation for their own personal gain, and you happily go along with them w/o question.
I feel what you are saying Brother. I really do. Many blue collar jobs and labor jobs are resistant to automation and globalization.

The undocumented immigrants numbers are between 15-30 million. Imagine a United States without that workforce? Unemployment would be lower, wages would have to higher to recruit and small business would thrive.

Your plumber, lawn man, roofer, etc are corporate nor do they have to. To me, fast food and restaurants are a personal choice so I can care less who works there and can charge whatever they want. Many other small businesses would be Black without the immigrants.

I’m not anti immigration. They should go through the process like many immigrants had to go through to work in America.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why don't you vouch for punishing CEOs and owners who give them jobs? They're not showing up with a gun and holding them hostages or are they?:patrice:

If there weren't here, wages would stay same and jobs would be needed to fill in. We are are saw this happen. Wages stayed the same.
I'm all for that, too, but again, if they're not here to work illegally, the problem doesn't exist. However, if they were there getting federal resources and not able to work, that would probably be worse. The best solution is them just not being here.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel what you are saying Brother. I really do. Many blue collar jobs and labor jobs are resistant to automation and globalization.

The undocumented immigrants numbers are between 15-30 million. Imagine a United States without that workforce? Unemployment would be lower, wages would have to higher to recruit and small business would thrive.

Your plumber, lawn man, roofer, etc are corporate nor do they have to. To me, fast food and restaurants are a personal choice so I can care less who works there and can charge whatever they want. Many other small businesses would be Black without the immigrants.

I’m not anti immigration. They should go through the process like many immigrants had to go through to work in America.

Thats not how it works.

You are blaming the group with the least power in this equation. Labor in general has been squeezed going back to the early 1980s. No one is making what we should be making compared to our productivity.

The issue of Wage growth is much more complex than immigration.

They are just an easy target.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
Black Americans becoming the new MAGAs you hate to see it :francis:

Instead of leveling up and taking it as a challenge, you get scared and turn full blown Karen
The title and some comments are distasteful!!! But This is a conversation that has been in the forefront for decades in the black community. Basic economics you drive down the price (labor pay) so much how could someone else compete? It was a race to the bottom as soon as CEOs were allowed to back door labor laws. This is not a game it’s no challenge to race to the bottom of a pay scale to get a job/contract. Maga comment is a bit extreme, this is real life commentary that needed to be addressed 30 years ago!

Last edited:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And stop blaming the wm when yall c00ns in here can't stop glazing criminals and their shoddy handiwork. You should be ashamed. Black tradesmen do top tier work and you out here supporting somebody who wouldn't piss on you if you was on fire.
Here’s the funny thing…I wouldn’t piss on the brehito if he was on fire. He works for me, I pay him. The fukk you talmbout the white man, criminals and shoddy handiwork for? :dahell:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

:hubie: No disrespect, Jesus, but this some bullshyt. Embedded within his critique is the system that allows illegals to thrive here.