Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
None of those are government policies.

Affirmative action is/was federal policy.

More misinformation. Race-based admissions in university was never a federal policy. This ruling has NOTHING to do with federal policies, they're straight up banning private institutions from doing it on their own free will.

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
You lied about the impact of the ruling, then you lied about what you had said about the ruling, now you're typing a whole paragraph while ignoring the first two lies.

Why are you working this hard to be this disingenuous if you're not working for someone? All this deception just to avoid admitting you were wrong?

How could that be true unless you never went to college and don't know anyone there? :mjlol:

If you live in a place where Affirmative Action was legal, and if you went to college or know people who did, then you obvious know people impacted by this. To suggest that affirmative action has zero impact on Black enrollment rates is a blatant lie, just as bad as your first two lies. And all the "bootstraps" bullshyt you tried to pile on to obscure your lies has nothing to do with this shyt - Black folk as a whole are far, far less likely to have college-educated parents, far, far less likely to be legacy admits, and far, far less likely to go to college-prep high schools, and with those three strikes against them (plus numerous others), of course their college admittance rates are going to be low without specific mitigations in place.
Again, who am I an agent for? Still ain’t answer. And yes, most black people have to literally pull themselves up by the bootstrap, which again is why “us benefiting from aa” is racist. Which is also why the bootstrap shyt doesn’t work, we see how that’s been going. Point is that black person got to where they at by being ten times better than the competition. So if aa was benefiting us I can see why this is detrimental, but as a whole, we don’t benefit. And yeah, almost every black person in my family (mom’s side anyways) has at the very least a bachelor’s, typically higher (you thought you were slick with that comment). Affirmative Action ain’t had shyt to do with it. White people benefit more from Affirmative Action and ima still stand ten toes down on that. You can keep believing “they’ve” been helping us all these years due to our “laziness and entitlement” while robbing “good-hearted” white people of that position, lol. Nothing will change out of this. And again, insinuating that black people wouldn’t have made it to those “prestige” white colleges without it is racist in itself. But hey look on the bright side, if that’s true, that just means more admissions for an equally as good HBCU. That is unless….. you see “other” institutions as superior.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I see this said alot, end of day they're white. They'll recieve the exact same opportunities
It's a cope comment. It's stupid. Nothing ever disadvantages White People, especially White Women, in their own country.

Yall know this is gonna take Black Enrollment at certain institutions down to single digit numbers...but yall still hoping they will go down with Black Folk.
:mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This is fukking insane. The reasons that military academies have for affirmative action are EXACTLY THE SAME as the reasons every other college wants affirmative action. To say that you can have Affirmative Action to increase Black numbers in the government's military, but not in a private institution, is fukking wild. There's no legal justification for drawing that line at all.
this reminded me of a comment i seen on reddit..

edit:

Last edited:

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
They don’t play sports, they don’t join clubs. They just come to class and get good grades. They don’t contribute to the lifestyle and appeals these schools promote. They’ll be suing again in 10 years

Exactly just look at the top schools in Korean China. For example, they aren’t relevant even Korea and China industries they’re not known for innovation.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Thats what I'm saying!!!

We're about to see black enrollment numbers in certain institutions nosedive. In the future, American PWIs will virtually be almost all white and the only black people you'll see there are janitors and cafeteria workers. And the only Black student body will consist of Student Athletes.
:mjlol: Oh no it'll be like it already is

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
The whole ruling is interesting. If colleges now base admissions on academics America as a whole is fycked. It's been said for decades countries around the world have a higher curriculum. It's going to be interesting when whites start noticing their kids are not competing against foreign students.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
The whole ruling is interesting. If colleges now base admissions on academics America as a whole is fycked. It's been said for decades countries around the world have a higher curriculum. It's going to be interesting when whites start noticing their kids are not competing against foreign students.
Will never happen. Wendy woo and jake long can have a higher gpa than Stacy and Bradley, behind closed doors them cacs getting in over them due to a better essay or more after school activity or some other bull shyt

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yea this is why I said the Trump Presidency set Civil Rights back 50 years. Dude basically gave right wing conservatives the right to shape policy.

But hey We got our racism in the open, right?

:snoop:
His presidency will have negative effects that last decades. Regressive type shyt.
:picard: damn Roe v Wade and Affirmative Action gone under Biden presidency
If you are not trolling you need to get politically literate before you have opinions. Do you know what the highest court in the land is.. do you know is purpose and power. I really hope you trolling and not serious.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is such a stupid post.

In order to make things into law, you need a simple majority in the House of Representatives to pass the law, then you need 60 Senators to pass the law for the President to sign into law. Because everything is so partisan these days, you're not going to get Republican help, therefore you need 60 Democratic Senators and hope all of them vote yes. That's not going to happen, so Congress is out of the picture.

In the courts, Merrick Garland's Supreme Court nomination by Obama was held up by Mitch McConnell because for the first time in 60 or 70 years, the court would have had a Liberal tilt 5 to 4. At that point, the court was 5 to 4 Conservative tilt when Antonin Scalia died. Publicly McConnell said it was because it was an election year, which was bullshyt because this was February 2016 and Garland would have been confirmed to the court by the Senate before there was even a Democratic and Republican Nominee for President and no where in the constitution does it say that a nominee has to be held up in an election year. McConnell was hoping a Republican would win the next election and therefore fill that position. Trump won the election and filled the position with Neil Gorsuch. Putting the Court back on the 5-4 Conservative Majority. Then Anthony Kennedy, who was appointed by Reagan stepped down in 2018. Trump replaced him with Brett Budweiser. Then RBG died literally 6 weeks before the election, and people had already voted due to early voting. McConnell rushed to fill that seat with ACB. Giving the court a 6-3 Conservative majority.

If Hilary had won the 2016 election, she would have chosen the next Supreme Court justice and it would have put the court on a 5-4 Liberal tilt. Anthony Kennedy likely would not have stepped down because he would not have wanted to be replaced by Hilary. Due to Hilary's unpopularity, I'm assuming the Republicans would have had control of the Senate. Therefore when RBG died 6 weeks before the election, McConnell would have likely told Hilary the same bullshyt he told Obama in 2016, that we cannot fill the spot until a new President is sworn in. If Democrats had control of the Senate they would have filled the seat no problem. If Hilary won re-election then fine, she fills the seat, but if she lost the 2020 election to a Republican, then that person would fill the spot putting the Court back in a 5-4 Conservative majority.

So yes, voting does matter. Especially in the courts where Presidents appoint federal judges.

:what: I can't tell if y'all are c00ning on purpose or just politically stupid
Except Dems LET republicans not push through Obama nomination just like they let the senate parliamentarian (who?) not let them do minimum wage increase , they always got an excuse

You want to see what a dem majority looks like look at California , no big bad republicans and they still don’t do shyt

Y’all would’ve had to keep voting in Dems indefinitely even though they do nothing , not to codify anything but just so the SC doesn’t overturn things , that’s a fukkin moronic strategy not to mention. Even a liberal court was still gonna pass all these corporate takeover laws anyway

But go rush to vote for Biden again , I’m sure the country will improve the next day 🤣