Affirmative action is now banned

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
you do realize that by banning it in colleges they've preemptively barred many black people from corporate jobs requiring a degree.

Yes and no

You don't need to go to an elite tier college for most jobs

Go state college or community college, get your grades up and transfer

fukk these crackers, but don't throw the towel

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Public universities have to cap international admissions because they are funded by taxpayers. The University of California system doesn't have affirmative action, but they still mandate at least 80% of students come from in-state and no more than 8% come from international.

Private universities don't differentiate between in-state and out-of-state rates, so everyone pays the same tuition. They might be less likely to admit international students with financial need because those students don't qualify for federal grants or loans, so they don't line the university pockets the same way even low-income US citizens do.

Also, this is just a guess, but I would get that international graduates are less likely to become big alum donors after graduating. They're probably more likely to fund ego projects in their home country than fund their foreign alma mater that most of their peers will never see. Of course there are exceptions, but I wouldn't be surprised if less alumni giving from international graduates is a statistical trend.
:ehh:Thanks for that.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
blac-youngsta-writing-s1t116rq64wxzjkx.webp

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except Dems LET republicans not push through Obama nomination just like they let the senate parliamentarian (who?) not let them do minimum wage increase , they always got an excuse

You want to see what a dem majority looks like look at California , no big bad republicans and they still don’t do shyt

Y’all would’ve had to keep voting in Dems indefinitely even though they do nothing , not to codify anything but just so the SC doesn’t overturn things , that’s a fukkin moronic strategy not to mention. Even a liberal court was still gonna pass all these corporate takeover laws anyway

But go rush to vote for Biden again , I’m sure the country will improve the next day 🤣
c00ning on purpose then :ehh: I'm sure you and the ones dapping you are two stepping over today's decision also

@Worthless Loser already laid it out so I'll just add this:
Progressive policies have been gaining ground in the Democratic Party mainly due to the way of life plummeting for the average citizen and realizing incremental isn't enough.

I vote for progressive politicians in elections and when there isn't any I hold my nose and vote for the closest.
The old guard of the Democratic Party are fighting tooth and nail to keep the centrist party going but the way to progress and growth is to move left and a lot of younger people are already more left than the Dems which is why we are (slowly) see them adopt leftist policies.
Not voting or voting Republican is just going to set us further back just like how we are seeing now after the Trump presidency.

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
After doing research.. it seems to only be banned in colleges

Anybody actually informed and did thorough research instead of dap fishing?
There's a case about employment and race that's making it's way to the supreme courts. Sometime next year expect them to ban affirmative action in jobs too (even though that doesn't exist anyways. jobs are all about who you know, not your race).