AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
35-40k would be a great number for them. There is no draw on their current roster to push them anywhere above that :manny:
Hell, MJF is kinda an anti-draw.
I like the ambition of running such a huge venue but the logic is lacking... you gotta crawl before you walk.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s crazy to me is doing All In and then doing All Out like 2 weeks later. That means Tony will have to come up with two great main events, and hopefully not a repeat of the Mox-Punk type shyt from last year. I would also assume that most of the traveling fans will pick only of the events to go too. TK must have got a new shipment of 100% pure to try to pull this off. I hope the shows get better and he pulls it off

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
90k is an impossible feat…shyt is 60k is tough depending on who’s booked on the card if there’s major names on it along with recognizable euro talent I think they can do half that number or slightly below 40-45k.

That’s still a good number but they would have to hide the empty seats with some tarp and shyt.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Doubt Every Seat Is Even Available For Purchase They’ll Probably Tarp Off A Lot Of shyt

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Meltzer is wrong but so are the beards saying "it needs to be 90% full!" no the fukk it doesn't lol.

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. That's why I'm saying like 40k. Whether they can do some tricks with tarps and camerawork or not to make 40k look like a big deal, I don't know. It depends on the setup.

If they actually got north of 50k then it'd look like a lot of fukking people for sure.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Meltzer is wrong but so are the beards saying "it needs to be 90% full!" no the fukk it doesn't lol.

The answer lies somewhere in the middle. That's why I'm saying like 40k. Whether they can do some tricks with tarps and camerawork or not to make 40k look like a big deal, I don't know. It depends on the setup.

If they actually got north of 50k then it'd look like a lot of fukking people for sure.
I suppose they could get 90K if they wanted to make like over half the seats have get in the door prices like $5 or less. But then you're just throwing away money and devaluing the product to get butts in seats.

I suppose you could argue that maybe that will help create some additional fans or increase merch sales and what not, but if you will only go because it only cost $5 or less, how much money are you really going to be spending on the product going forward?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I suppose they could get 90K if they wanted to make like over half the seats have get in the door prices like $5 or less. But then you're just throwing away money and devaluing the product to get butts in seats.

I suppose you could argue that maybe that will help create some additional fans or increase merch sales and what not, but if you will only go because it only cost $5 or less, how much money are you really going to be spending on the product going forward?

nosebleeds at that type of stadium should be cheap as fukk. You're watching on a screen

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The thing is going right back to the genesis of AEW at All In they've generally always gone past people's expectations for selling tickets at big shows, so I would be wary of saying this will be a failure but at the same time I'm assuming the costs of running Wembley might mean it wouldn't be a big financial success even getting 40k in the building. Then you've got the visual of seeing a less than half filled stadium not being a good look.

Glad someone else is finally agreeing with me. Even if 45k attends, that's still only half the stadium plus they have to pay to run at Wembley. If they ran at Craven Cottage, not only could that be filled to capacity but it would cost them a hell of a lot less since the Khans own the fukking stadium.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Glad someone else is finally agreeing with me. Even if 45k attends, that's still only half the stadium plus they have to pay to run at Wembley. If they ran at Craven Cottage, not only could that be filled to capacity but it would cost them a hell of a lot less since the Khans own the fukking stadium.
They’d also be throwing away a lot of revenue only running a 22K stadium

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
They’d also be throwing away a lot of revenue only running a 22K stadium

Unless WBD is footing the bill for whatever reason, renting Wembley is probably going to set them back at least $1 million whereas Craven Cottage would cost nothing or maybe some minimal amount.