AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Unless WBD is footing the bill for whatever reason, renting Wembley is probably going to set them back at least $1 million whereas Craven Cottage would cost nothing or maybe some minimal amount.

Tony Khan would probably go into the red just to say he accomplished filling a stadium. I'm not sure how much the money aspect matters

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure how many tickets WCW released for that. They probably could have sold more if they really hyped it up instead of a two week's notice on a random Nitro to pop a rating. Their priorities were all fukked up.

Let's stop making excuses for AEW before the tickets even go on sale. lol
I'm just asking a question lol

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure how many tickets WCW released for that. They probably could have sold more if they really hyped it up instead of a two week's notice on a random Nitro to pop a rating. Their priorities were all fukked up.

Let's stop making excuses for AEW before the tickets even go on sale. lol

exactly, the consensus at the time was "WTF are they thinking giving this match away for free with little build when it could probably be their biggest PPV buyrate yet?"

of course Will Washington is in full defense mode for AEW like usual

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
exactly, the consensus at the time was "WTF are they thinking giving this match away for free with little build when it could probably be their biggest PPV buyrate yet?"

of course Will Washington is in full defense mode for AEW like usual

He has friends inside of AEW and the indy scene so he's probably gonna be caping for AEW more often than not.

And I don't think there's a reason to spin on this topic yet, it could be a success.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
He has friends inside of AEW and the indy scene so he's probably gonna be caping for AEW more often than not.

And I don't think there's a reason to spin on this topic yet, it could be a success.

the wrestling media is already conditioning fans to accept literally any outcome as a success. Apparently 25K would be a massive success according to Meltzer

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
the wrestling media is already conditioning fans to accept literally any outcome as a success. Apparently 25K would be a massive success according to Meltzer

There's two perspectives to this.

Running a basketball arena gets you 15k-18k at best. Basically what they did for Forbidden Door. If expanding out to a stadium can potentially double that than it has to be seen as a success somewhat.

On the other hand if you're booking a stadium that large and you can't fill it up then it makes it look like you're trying to walk before you crawl so to speak.

It's gonna be interesting for sure.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Summerslam 2022 did 40,000 (holds 69,000 for football) at Nissan stadium in the penultimate meeting between Roman and Brock. Now I know vincels can’t be that terrible in math