According to Jason Black, black men are not building for these reasons...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's like if you strive to live for a better life, even in an upscale black neighborhood, it's like you "soft". Or improving the hood by putting together black owned businesses is being "lame".
Stay off the net or hang with better people nikka cause this bullshyt you kicking ain't real to most of us.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Before we lambast blk community for not building let's make sure our c00n asses actually support what has been built already. A business is only as successful as its consumers. Far too many in our community have a white is right mentality. Buy blk.
No offense but this is bullshyt. Y'all usually find like one or two examples of this and extrapolate it to the whole race which honestly is some low key "c00n" shyt to me.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel that.

I'm saying it's usually something missing. Either the capital ain't there (not always) , or organization skills ain't there (don't know how to get a group of people together or organize whatever is being planned into a viable business: aka monetize their work into an organization/provider), or there is no consumer base that they can attract (either by their own fault or circumstance within their target consumer base) because as far as I see the black community has no forced consumer base besides african nationals and Haitian nationals who may not speak English and are forced to get their product or services from countrymen/women.

Language is really important in business. A lot of asian and hispanic business are successful almost entirely on the strength that their consumer base has no alternative, but English is not a comfortable option. Language unites the consumer base and makes it significantly easier for business owners to sell product to a target audience.

When Hispanics and Asians try to create businesses in white communities they tend to fail, because they are often met with hostility and a lack of consumer base because white people have access to those same products and services from a white business owner.

Black consumers have a mentality that they can get services and products from anyone, so we dont put value on needing to shop with someone who looks like us, because we dont have that sort of supremacy mentality. Black people actually seek out diversity.
and its not just that black consumers seek out diversity. for the most part blacks in general don't have capital, therefore they don't have droves and droves of businesses like the other groups. Which in turn means even if I wanted to there is no way I could live off of a 100% buy black setup. Can't happen where I'm from where the black population is minimal. Which means there are some really rich folks around(most are entertainers, some are business people.) And the rest are not making that kind of coin. So who's going to own the grocery stores? so forth and so on.

We have a few food spots and That's about it.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
Black men from the previous decades didn't pass down shyt. Not even a share of stock :mjlol:

I'll do better for my son. I think our generation gets it more than the previous ones did.

forget stock...

alotta them nikkas aint even pass down a job skill :francis:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
The solutions & info is already out there:mjlol:its been talk about countless times...

The problem:them nikkas is all talk, just wanna complain....

#2017GetToBuildingOrShutTheFukkkUp

So basically you're just like the nikkaz you complain about :ehh:

Got it

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Not to mention he cut down Tim Wise's nonsense back in 2010 when Blacks were frequenting his lectures and praising the "good white man", Time Wise. Even Neely Fuller saw through Time Wise:

i've BEEN telling negroes about tim wise...but saying something against him is almost as bad as shytting on Obama :huhldup:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
forget stock...

alotta them aint even pass down a job skill :francis:

What the hell are you talkin about :why:

Y'all nikkaz love to bash your own :mindblown:

nikkaz making all these generalizations and at the same time shyt on your entire race :mindblown:

Question: what skill set are YOU passing down to future generations?

What are YOU doing in efforts to black progression?

What organizations are you leading or donating to?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Community college is flexible :francis:

They hit those for-profit because they let them skip those basic entrance exams and stuff
completely incorrect statement. entrance exams are not to keep you out. they are their to place you in the correct classes early on. if you need remediation due to your test scores then you can have that which will help you get what you need so once you go onto the normal classes you wont flunk out. Why is this necessary for blacks? Well we're for the most part under educated coming out of grade school to middle school to high school, much more than our white counterparts. So, as usual we're starting from a deficit. and have to work our way up. This was by design when they didnt' allow you to read. So it shouldn't be a surprise.

The reason blacks go the for profit colleges is like the other person told you. Blacks don't have the capital from their parents to just go to school and not get a real job paying real money enough to pay rent, feed themselves keep the lights on etc. we don't have that luxury(on average). Regular college is not setup for working folks to do well. yes you can still make it happen but its going to be twice as hard to pull off. But now with online courses. you can go to what some would call normal community colleges and 4 year schools and get degrees. without going completely broke with he for profit spots who in some cases are not even recognized by some employers.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you're saying but as i always mention in these discussions, i think we need to stop acting like there are no black men in america with the money to start a business. I'm not even talking about celebrities either. I know black men who live very comfortably and could start a business if they wanted to. They just don't want to. They care about cars, trinkets, their upscale neighborhood and fukking bad bytches. We've gotta stop acting like all black men in america are broke and nobody has the money to start a business. Not true.

I even know one guy who was on Disability, got a fat check every month, and eventually opened a business, but he sold it to a white guy, even though he has kids he could've passed it down to. That's another thing, some black men back in the day had businesses but they sold them to white ppl. Way to go.

But back to my point, it's not like all black men in America are broke. Yes, some of us definitely lack the resources to start a business, but there are black men right now living in "good" (white) neighborhoods, driving fancy cars, taking expensive trips, buying expensive jewelry, etc. Living it up. It's not that no black men can afford to start a business, the ones who can afford it don't care (in general).

Trust me...i have a tech consulting business and i was just doing "okay" financially when i started it...i definitely wasn't making as much as some of the same nikkas we make excuses for
It's not SOME of us lack the resources. It's MOST of US lack the resources. And then their is the historic reality of seeing anytime we as a people/group move forward on any type of big projects, where start moving as a large group in an economic direction what happens? The white man comes and finds away to shut it down. If the youngins growing up see that time and time again, why would you think they would have any hope left? they wouldn't. This is where the mentality comes from. It's hard for you to desire something better when you see every single time you do it gets shut down. When you don't have the population to overrun the country in pure numbers, when you don't have the capital to buy your way out of the BS. when you don't have the arms(military, not just some guns.) then you are stuck in the situation you have always been in. where a few blacks can make some business moves and they do. but there will be no large group movement of black men or black women. aint happening anytime soon. They(the white man) would have to pay us reparations for us to have the capital as a whole group to start making big moves. and even then we would run into that situation of will the white man come and try to knock us off our movement?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to actually read through this thread.
Whole thing is probably "we need a business" "Arabs do this" "Chinese people do this" "Black women are evil."
The same pseudo-intellectual Coli discussion about "Black wealth" :coffee:

Oh shyt :wow:

After reading through plenty of these topics, it is getting old now. There will never be a "collective" nor another leader.

Just get some like minded folks and start something in your area. One of the reasons I'm getting my money up :yeshrug:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
completely incorrect statement. entrance exams are not to keep you out. they are their to place you in the correct classes early on. if you need remediation due to your test scores then you can have that which will help you get what you need so once you go onto the normal classes you wont flunk out. Why is this necessary for blacks? Well we're for the most part under educated coming out of grade school to middle school to high school, much more than our white counterparts. So, as usual we're starting from a deficit. and have to work our way up. This was by design when they didnt' allow you to read. So it shouldn't be a surprise.

The reason blacks go the for profit colleges is like the other person told you. Blacks don't have the capital from their parents to just go to school and not get a real job paying real money enough to pay rent, feed themselves keep the lights on etc. we don't have that luxury(on average). Regular college is not setup for working folks to do well. yes you can still make it happen but its going to be twice as hard to pull off. But now with online courses. you can go to what some would call normal community colleges and 4 year schools and get degrees. without going completely broke with he for profit spots who in some cases are not even recognized by some employers.

nikka, for-profit colleges are scams. Community colleges have programs that work with all kinda work schedules.

Folks go to for-profit schools for a worthless 50k+ degree that'll cost 5k at their local community college. It does nothing but prey on the poor who don't take the time to properly research. Those schools are nothing but loan sharks. When ITT tech shut down there were nursing students at their shoddy ass program who lost all their credits because no school respects the credits from those places. I know a guy who did one year and is now forced to start over...

:mjlol:

And start over as in doing the prerequisites just to apply for another program. ITT let him in with no prerequisites...just sign into their debt and you're in!!

:troll: