According to Jason Black, black men are not building for these reasons...

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
How much are these employees making breh...compared to your take? Owning a business is not a community initiative breh. You help people get by...but you will always take the lions share. Now employing people is not a bad thing...people need jobs...but you have to stop acting like your giving them a hand up..especially if the pay ain't over 12....your business is your venture...your baby...the employees are nothing more then the willful slaves helping you get there. No different then any other CEO out here. We all have to work breh...don't act like you doing people a favor by simply tossing your hat in the ring for the same capitalistic dream these cacs have. The only difference is your black....but as I keep saying black don't always mean better....Now if the convo is simply starting a business because of your aspirational spirit...I can respect that....but this whole black man this black man that shyt is pointless breh....you doing it for you and your family...not us...your hiring people because you need them.your preference is to hire black ..but your not exactly changing anyone's life...you have a service...and they are the means of filling it....That's just free market hustling breh...no need to make it bigger then that...

The cacs who already own tons of businesses are doing the same and already don't give two shyts if you succeed or fail. They don't give a care if you take the money you get from working for them and start something. At least breh is trying to advocate starting something of your own.
He is at least trying to change the minds of folks who don't have something. In businesses, it just so happens you need to take the lions share for more than personal reasons.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Nothing he says is scholarly (from the broadcasts I listened to), or intellectual, or noteworthy. There are countless other scholars discussing Black issues and political commentators more researched and respected than he is.

The reason we ask, "what have you built?" is because he speaks a lot with nothing to show. If he wants to tell people what they should and should not be doing, he better be leading by example. The problem with Black society is that we have a tendency to listen to charlatans with little, if any, actual work put into making a better Black society (consider our Church as a case study). This whole "woke" nonsense is another hustle.

I always say, listen to those that have something to show like Robert Smith (the video in my previous post). He actually goes into why Blacks aren't doing well compared to whites. There are other Black men that have built companies, and worth millions like Troy Carter that speak on Black issues. They have a better and more accurate perspective than anything Jason has espoused. He has been doing his broadcast for almost 10 years, yet nothing to show for it except people thinking he's "scholarly". That is quite silly imo. Listen to those that can show you something as opposed to a guy on some blogspot giving his cockamamie ideas on his haphazard view on the world.

I hear you and i respect your opinion...but technically, Marcus Garvey didn't "build" anything either, he was an intellectual.

he gave us the red black and green flag, but he didn't physically knit thousands of flags and ship them out to people

He was an organizer and political activist...i don't see the point in shytting on those types when they are definitely needed and always have been.

First off stop relying on Americas media to tell the current state of black. They always rely on negative imagery and very rarely speak to the positive ones.

Secondly wedlock is not a qualification for good parenting or necessarily a requirement for economic stability.

Thirdly Chicago has always been a violent city....

nothing you said negated my points.

there is nothing "negative" about facts. that's why they're called facts. if facts make you feel some type of way, then deal with that on your own terms

black women are graduating college at higher rates than everybody in the country; it's not kissing black womens' asses or saying everybody else ain't shyt. it's just a statement of fact.

7 out of 10 black people in this country are born to a single mother. if you see no problem with that, then that's your individual opinion, but the reality is that the african-american community is the ONLY matriarchal community on a planet of 7 billion people, that's pretty alarming shyt, and we need to figure out what's going on.

also, 500 needlessly dead black people in a single U.S. city is an extremely high number.
it's not? what if 500 dead black people were killed in a single city by COPS/KKK/the Alt-Right. <<<that changes shyt doesn't it? :hmm:
and if you add Detroit, Memphis, and Atlanta numbers in there, you've got over 1100 murdered black people this year alone...some of these victims are women that will never bare children cutting off possible black greatness in the streets.

i'm just a nikka typing on his computer, this ain't even a laptop. if i died in the next few minutes, the reality of what i just put out there would still be there...running around pretending shyt is okay, and attacking what you see as "sellout internet trolls" ain't solving a damn thing. but hey...do you. :coffee:

Last edited:

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
I hear you and i respect your opinion...but technically, Marcus Garvey didn't "build" anything either, he was an intellectual.

he gave us the red black and green flag, but he didn't physically knit thousands of flags and ship them out to people

He was an organizer and political activist...i don't see the point in shytting on those types when they are definitely needed and always have been.

The UNIA, and the Black star shipping line wasn't a company? His proposals and action to create a Black economic sphere weren't actions towards building? A Black dominated society and trying to get Blacks to move to Africa to help create a Black-centered country weren't actions of building? A man may not succeed in his ventures, however, if we can see that he is trying, that is much better than a guy simply talking with no action, no movement. Marcus Garvey was more than an activist, he was also a builder in days that were much tougher than today.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

nothing you said negated my points.

there is nothing "negative" about facts. that's why they're called facts. if facts make you feel some type of way, then deal with that on your own terms

black women are graduating college at higher rates than everybody in the country; it's not kissing black womens' asses or saying everybody else ain't shyt. it's just a statement of fact.

7 out of 10 black people in this country are born to a single mother. if you see no problem with that, then that's your individual opinion, but the reality is that the african-american community is the ONLY matriarchal community on a planet of 7 billion people, that's pretty alarming shyt, and we need to figure out what's going on.

also, 500 needlessly dead black people in a single U.S. city is an extremely high number.
it's not? what if 500 dead black people were killed in a single city by COPS/KKK/the Alt-Right. <<<that changes shyt doesn't it? :hmm:
and if you add Detroit, Memphis, and Atlanta numbers in there, you've got over 1100 murdered black people this year alone...some of these victims are women that will never bare children cutting off possible black greatness in the streets.

i'm just a nikka typing on his computer, this ain't even a laptop. if i died in the next few minutes, the reality of what i just put out there would still be there...running around pretending shyt is okay, and attacking what you see as "sellout internet trolls" ain't solving a damn thing. but hey...do you. :coffee:

Everything I stated negated your points...what are you talking about. Complaining about negativity that affects maybe 3% of the population while completely ignoring the other 7% who are not is mind fukk nonsense. Your facts are not damning...they are just facts. You believe them to be damning because your told to. You believe what your told because you have no other way to explain the circumstances of your race.

So instead of actuall delving into the cause and effect you rely on just the effect aspect and act like you've stricken gold by painting out the same facts that white supremacist like to pull out thier ass in efforts to say that the blacks can solve our own problems by simply otracizing "ignorance" the same ignorance running rampant in their own race...but it's different....cause we're black. You can harp on the inegativity...you can pretend like all of this is jus black people accepting "thug culture" by the masses...and that it's us who need a swift kick in our ass.

But that sir is not fact. That is reverse psychology...the pushing of a belief system that endorses the belief that something is wrong with us. That our issues are a direct result of ailment of mind. That as a whole we don't care about ourselves...or whites..or society..when in reality since the 60's our race has seen substantial growth in this country. To a fact now that we have black CEOS running all white Fortune 500 companies and thier own. When 60 years ago our mothers were fighting for a job as a fukking nanny....our women are graduating college in the tens of thousands a year...and black men are not far behind....where does that put us in 20 years? But 700 killed in Chicago is obviously a better damning graphic than black college graduates right?

No one said the negative stats are okay...they just don't represent the full picture....nor do you care to see that portrait either....no one called you a sell out. But if this is all you see within your race..your not the sharpest tool in the tool box breh...The media works overtime to paint us a "troubled" race of people. No one talks how poor education affects poverty rates...or how racism effectively stunts black growth...or how guns are even still being sold in such large amounts in cities like Chicago. But you got all the time to complain about the puppets...but like most paranoid c00n ass nikkas you never seem to have a gripe with the puppet masters. Ask the puppet to dance with no strings attached brehs:mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Your facts are not damning...they are just facts. You believe them to be damning because your told to. You believe what your told because you have no other way to explain the circumstances of your race.

stopped reading after this...you clearly didn't comprehend what i was saying b/c i never said anything remotely close to "facts are damning", in fact i said the exact opposite.

something is either a fact or it's not. it is a state of being, it has no emotion, prejudice, or bias - they are cold hard truths and realities of life.

i'm starting to see now why your rep is what it is :francis:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
stopped reading after this...you clearly didn't comprehend what i was saying b/c i never said anything remotely close to "facts are damning", in fact i said the exact opposite.

something is either a fact or it's not. it is a state of being, it has no emotion, prejudice, or bias - they are cold hard truths and realities of life.

i'm starting to see now why your rep is what it is :francis:

In that same aspect a fact is a piece of information. And the information you choose to put out, is a damned reality for black people. However regardless of your misinformed opinion :usure:, those facts are not necessarily contributing to the OVERALL state of black America. You can say its a fact and pretend like its more important of an issue then other more positive attributes of the black American race. But you choose to point out those same regurgitated facts that Sean Hannity and Bill Oriely cling too.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
In that same aspect a fact is a piece of information. And the information you choose to put out, is a damned reality for black people. However regardless of your misinformed opinion :usure:, those facts are not necessarily contributing to the OVERALL state of black America. You can say its a fact and pretend like its more important of an issue then other more positive attributes of the black American race. But you choose to point out those same regurgitated facts that Sean Hannity and Bill Oriely cling too.

:russ: man go back and re-read your responses to me...you're adding your own little tidbits and side comments and basically having conversations w/yourself on those little tidbits and completely leaving my points alone. you look flat out crazy breh.

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said in another thread. when you start talking about black business that is when the c00ns come out with their emotions and excuses.

May be a big assumption because I have him on mute but I bet no chill Jones is in here with his head in the sand talking that docile cowardice shyt

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:russ: man go back and re-read your responses to me...you're adding your own little tidbits and side comments and basically having conversations w/yourself on those little tidbits and completely leaving my points alone. you look flat out crazy breh.

:comeon:when all else fails, respond with a willfully stupid rebuttal. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
No one said the negative stats are okay...they just don't represent the full picture....nor do you care to see that portrait either....no one called you a sell out. But if this is all you see within your race..your not the sharpest tool in the tool box breh...The media works overtime to paint us a "troubled" race of people. No one talks how poor education affects poverty rates...or how racism effectively stunts black growth...or how guns are even still being sold in such large amounts in cities like Chicago. But you got all the time to complain about the puppets...but like most paranoid c00n ass nikkas you never seem to have a gripe with the puppet masters. Ask the puppet to dance with no strings attached brehs:mjlol:

In that case, be the exception breh, tell us about the puppet masters instead of downplaying the other brehs. I would love to hear about it. :sas1:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:comeon:when all else fails, respond with a willfully stupid rebuttal. :camby:

you're not focusing on the points being made, you're more concerned and worried about how those points will be perceived by outsiders to our community.

that's being a PR rep, that's not engaging in intelligent discussion or trying to solve problems. you're worried about how we "look".

this is why your arguments are coming out as scatter-brained nonsensical rants. you're not intellectually equipped to be in this discussion yet....

give it a few more years, watch a few more youtube videos, or maybe even go back to school - but until then:

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
Okay so why we as the coli aint building nothing,yall all wanna build right:sas1:?everybody donate a stack and we should have a nice starting point,maybe outsiders will join in and donate.

Christmas coming up so lets put a pin in that:whoa:

But fukk this nikka,i dont have too much respect for people who disrespect elders who many faced alot,died and went to jail for this shyt,had specefic plans in place to stop they progress,whos progress was stopped in places like Oklahoma...."bu bu but they dont have anything to pass down to us" it got blown up,burned down by white supremacy you spoiled little fukks:childplease:.....u dont even realize how spoiled u are BECAUSE of your elders.....through a proccess of white suprmacy everything we ever built was reduced to rubble and our elders often reduced to shells of they former selves who nobody listens to cuz they broke:mjcry:

Instead of seeing whay your elders did,seeing what was done to them,and wanting revenge and payback in the form of success.....we wanna sit around bashing the elders about what they shouldve done when we couldnt have done shyt without they sacrifices,and honestly aint did a fraction of what they did,or sacrfrificed a fraction of what they had to sacrifice since,while having waaay more oppurtunity:camby:.if its just that easy.

In the old movies when sumbody disrespected Bruce Lee or Shafts elders,they got mad and went to handle that....Bruce Lee aint sitting around talkin bout "my elder shouldve kept his guards up when he got jumped from every angle"....bruce lee trained up,took some of what his elders showed him and said "try to jump me fakkits:youngsabo:"

Elders gave you knowledge,elders were crash dummys so you know what to look for with white supremacy now.....what have you shown the following generation?what new knowledge have we put forth,what examples have we set?what movements have we started so they can follow our examples and see what we did right,and what we did wrong?oh trappin and rapping?and we wonder why thats all alot of kids wanna be:scust:.....thats all WE'VE shown,and yeah i know you feel young but former revolutionaries was in they teens dying for this shyt,making way bigger strides.....we would already be considered a "aint ahit elder" ourselves if we lived in the civil rights era:mjlol:

Going back to this, there are plenty of young brehs with money to start a business but no ideas. I am very sure there are some nikkas on the coli who have ideas but no funds. :jbhmm: Maybe its time for some collaboration. I'm not afraid to jump in some hot water for a second.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Going back to this, there are plenty of young brehs with money to start a business but no ideas. I am very sure there are some nikkas on the coli who have ideas but no funds. :jbhmm: Maybe its time for some collaboration. I'm not afraid to jump in some hot water for a second.

I think we need to think bigger than business,i dont think the ammount of business we could afford to start would make any real impact on the black community....im thinking moreso investing in communities and making a cultural impact that could hopefully spread.

Im thinking we got at least 100 loyal members,if we could get 100 of those people to donate 1 dollar a day....in 30 days thats about 3000,in a year thats about 30K:ehh:....and seeing that we have alotve succesful people here we should surpass that by far:sas1:....and if we linked up with some of these other forums and "black scholars" who may want to promote what we do once they see it,who knows what we could see.

I think we are going about this the wrong way though,i like the fact everybody is business minded,but if u wanna make change wide scale,and more quickly.....charity needs to come first,consider it an investment in buying back the minds of our people,whether u think that should come free or not....fact is it will cost you,i would like to discuss some building and ideas i have.

What im proposing you wont be making any money:pachaha:,and it may or may not take time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
I think we need to think bigger than business,i dont think the amount of business we could afford to start would make any real impact on the black community....im thinking moreso investing in communities and making a cultural impact that could hopefully spread.

Im thinking we got at least 100 loyal members,if we could get 100 of those people to donate 1 dollar a day....in 30 days thats about 3000,in a year thats about 30K:ehh:....and seeing that we have alotve succesful people here we should surpass that by far:sas1:....and if we linked up with some of these other forums and "black scholars" who may want to promote what we do once they see it,who knows what we could see.

I think we are going about this the wrong way though,i like the fact everybody is business minded,but if u wanna make change wide scale,and more quickly.....charity needs to come first,consider it an investment in buying back the minds of our people,whether u think that should come free or not....fact is it will cost you,i would like to discuss some building and ideas i have.

What im proposing you wont be making any money:pachaha:,and it may or may not take time.

I agree in that we do need to think bigger than business. Just to make sure we are on the same point, you are saying gather 1 dollar from members on here, spread it to other pro black forums to do the same, find some black communities to invest in (for things that are very much needed like co-ops, maybe more youth centers etc.) and use the money to build those up.

Now that is all good and well, but the extra point of making businesses is for multiple reasons. The type of businesses is the real thing, it needs to be something where you can put jobs out for our own, take money out of cac and other hands and put it in our own, THEN take portions of the money we earn and CONTINUE to pool it into the black community investment fund. That way you put jobs out for our own, give money to our own, put money into black communities and take money out of cac hands all at once. :shaq:

Of course, you have to continue to remind people to continue with this and not just pocket all the money. shyt with the amount I see my friends spend on booze, tobacco and other crap they can definitely handle doing more than $1 a day.

In other words, we can do what you propose and encourage people to build businesses because it all helps in the end.