AA vs Jamaicans vs African vs Haitian vs Afro Latin Mega Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Naw, actually I don't discount the SA, and it's reason I'm more inclined to see kinship via direct their experience with WS:troll:
But even then, comparing Apartheid the the BA holocaust & 400 years of Govt sponsored terrorism is moot. With this one, we really take the cake; which actually I surmise is an underlying issue: FB somewhat resent BA seem to have 'Trump card'(no pun intended) and seen as the authority when it comes to oppression:ohhh:
Again I dunno bout you but this is nothing to brag about. you are betraying your mind state right now. nobody wants to have that title :whoa:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
I know he was in a soul group but he made reggae not rock. you not gonna claim reggae music in here breh
Reggae came from soul and rock + jazz.
Count Machuki and his partners got toasting and records from the US.
Let's listen to "do the reggay"...and see what it sounds like...Since the MAYTALS were a SKA and ROCKsteady group first.
Why did the bpm slow from rocksteady to this "reggae"?
Just guess why.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Reggae came from soul and rock + jazz.
Count Machuki and his partners got toasting and records from the US.
Let's listen to "do the reggay"...and see what it sounds like...Since the MAYTALS were a SKA and ROCKsteady group first.
Why did the bpm slow from rocksteady to this "reggae"?
Just guess why.
If you gonna do this then we can keep going as far back as Africa to trace musical influences that carried forward into the new world. you can't seriously be this hard set on giving other nikkaz their props.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Again I dunno bout you but this is nothing to brag about. you are betraying your mind state right now. nobody wants to have that title :whoa:
Not about 'wanting it', rather having it, like it or not. And any many times I see FB going on about us not being the only ones who go thru shyt, and know about WS blah, blah...you urself been on that shyt about our supposed 'self victim-hood'. Like where tf is that even coming from?:childplease: Can't even hide it..

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
:duck:

I was light trolling your dumb triggered ass. You should be glad your gang stepped in cuz they can actually have real conversations not just mud sling.
I'm not interested in seriously conversing with a malnourished African immigrant who doesn't know or respect where his whole persona comes from. My only interest is to slap some sense into your dishonest ass.

Daps
Reppin
If you gonna do this then we can keep going as far back as Africa to trace musical influences that carried forward into the new world. you can't seriously be this hard set on giving other nikkaz their props.
Reggae was directly and STRONGLY influenced by modern African American music.
African Americans were the only part of the diaspora not allowed to drum...outside of a small window of time in New Orleans Congo Square.
We can talk about griots and Sahelian strings all you want...those gaps in time are centuries old in comparison to the short time reggae has been around.
Old world African rhythm...to New World.
Blues, Jazz, Ragtime, Rock, Country, R&B, etc...predated and were the progenitors of Rocksteady, Ska, and Reggae.
Jamaicans had mento...and that's what gives it a slight "twist".
Still technically a DIRECT derivative.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not about 'want', it's about about having it, like it or not. And any many times I see FB going on about us not being the only ones who go thru shyt, and know about WS blah, blah...you urself been on that shyt about supposed 'self victim-hood'. Like where tf is that even coming from?:childplease: Can't even hide it..
:mjlol:

I don't care have it. You weren't even acknowledging South Africans till I brought em up. You want to win so bad you snatching the title for the most suffering then I point out others been going thru it just as long in similar circumstance and you juelz. Apartheid ended in the 90's. Cacs got to South Africa around 400 years ago as well... :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Inb4: "but y'all don't even own it".
True for the most part, can't really beat "The Chosen People" in a country that supports them financially.
I know a lot of non AAs own channels that exploit black dysfunction but don't show 3rd world ultraviolence and poverty.
It would surely generate more views.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Reggae was directly and STRONGLY influenced by modern African American music.
African Americans were the only part of the diaspora not allowed to drum...outside of a small window of time in New Orleans Congo Square.
We can talk about griots and Sahelian strings all you want...those gaps in time are centuries old in comparison to the short time reggae has been around.
Old world African rhythm...to New World.
Blues, Jazz, Ragtime, Rock, Country, R&B, etc...predated and were the progenitors of Rocksteady, Ska, and Reggae.
Jamaicans had mento...and that's what gives it a slight "twist".
Still technically a DIRECT derivative.
You will got to exuberant lengths to downplay Jamaican brehs I can't even take you seriously on this topic this is hilarious.. First you said Man dem slang had AA cross influence now this..

Isn't this what we were talking about? Your pride touching supremacy levels.. you can't give no other diaspora brehs props for their shyt. :dead: