AA vs Jamaicans vs African vs Haitian vs Afro Latin Mega Thread

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
You literally had a black man come in here and say outside of NYC and other major cities that have a high immigrant populace, that opinions of other AA’s across the states don’t matter. Keep in mind, the majority of AA’s live outside those cities. A lot of the accomplishments have happened outside of those cities. This attitude that was displayed isn’t just some “internet” shyt.

It’s been time for AA’s to swing their nuts and flex a bit. I’m not down for downing or shaming any other group, but there’s nothing wrong with taking pride in being African or Black American.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
No, African Americans simply don't consume other cultures at the same rate as others consume ours.
nikkas out here snapback, jordan, swaggy trap music and hip hop'd out, speaking french.
Repping American gangs, US Car customization styles, living in a historical AFRICAN AMERICAN neighborhood called Little Burgundy up here.
Montreal JAZZ fest...a genre created in New Orleans by African Americans.
I used to live in Germany, too...heard hip hop for the first time in my early life...outside of America.
Used to ride down to Mexico, since it was an hour away...lowriders with Latino RAP and BLACK OLDIES playing in Ciudad Acuna...
:mjlit:
Mexican Americans love black oldies. Especially doo wop.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think he was saying that he doesn't see AA's heavily imitating other groups, like these other groups imitate AA. He never deemed anyone irrelevant.
that's a new thing

When I moved to Toronto in 97 80 percent of Black people here listened to dancehall, that's all you heard out of cars. Hip hop sets were short in the clubs... I was a minority as a hip hop head back then not to say they didn't exist but that's how strong the yard influence was here. Nobody really said nikka and all that. It was the same in Africa. Bob Marley was king before Pac and Big, yardie culture influenced the youth. To this day Jamaicas one of Jamaicas biggest market for performers is Africa and Kenya specifically. You have current west African music that is Caribbean influenced as well.

Fashion was where the influence was always present from AA's in Canada but in the UK Black people dressed like Jamaicans. It was wallies, tims and sneakers out here... brehs there were rocking the dessert boot and other shyt not a lot of sneakers...

Older generations here today hate seeing the kids imitating AA's because it isn't authentic. It's not like brehs moved here and spread culture, it was picked up via media... But these kids have grown up here 2-3 gens deep now so they not vibing with back home tings like that anymore... Today AA influence is thus stronger. But the world didn't start within the last 10 years so how can I say y'all were always the most influential... that's inaccurate.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You literally had a black man come in here and say outside of NYC and other major cities that have a high immigrant populace, that opinions of other AA’s across the states don’t matter. Keep in mind, the majority of AA’s live outside those cities. A lot of the accomplishments have happened outside of those cities. This attitude that was displayed isn’t just some “internet” shyt.

It’s been time for AA’s to swing their nuts and flex a bit. I’m not down for downing or shaming any other group, but there’s nothing wrong with taking pride in being African or Black American.
that was me and I never said that nobody else matter, why dont you quote what I said... I saluted NYC because I know @Big Lysol likes to shyt on them for their immigrant population.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't talk down..and Black ppl are supreme, period!!
Doesn't mean I'll sacrifice cultural mark for some fake, one-sided 'solidarity', either:ufdup:
We're the only ones can say we've unequivocally been the victims of this, so our anger at least is warranted.
You couldn't say that to a South African breh with a straight face without sounding stupid. They've been dealing with cac transgressions just as long. When I call your gang out for perpetuating victimhood you say it's cac talk but you just tried to monopolize pain and suffering. c'mon now.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
that was me and I never said that nobody else matter, why dont you quote what I said... I saluted NYC because I know @Big Lysol likes to shyt on them for their immigrant population.
Nah, I shyt on nikkas who look down on AA like your Haitian cousin that came in here and stated that African Americans from the Midwest, west coast, and the south don't matter.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
bullshyt

when this specific gang keeps claiming to be taking abuse while dishing it out and being on the offensive constantly despite numerous assurances that we "foreign" blacks ain't here for that. The gang doesn't speak for every AA just like I don't speak for every African. I think the gang is doing specifically that perpetuating victimhood and I'm not taking that back. I don't see any of you calling out cac talk when a gang breh is calling us third world peasants from shyt whole countries.. keep it consistent.
You had a South African poster say that blacks from the southern region of the US are ignorant. If that poster, all the way in South Africa is saying that, you don’t think there’s others outside of the states who feel the same? Again, keep in mind, the south is where most AA’s are. There is abuse, you on the outside either refuse to see, or feel that way. There is a cause for everything. There is a reason some AA’s are acting out. If you refuse to see it, that’s on you.

I’m not asking you to take anything back, but I’m telling you if you’re going to come in here and try to pin “cac” talk on others, realize what you’re saying is the exact same thing whites tell us over here.

As far as AA gang not speaking for every African American; well that’s obvious, just like I say the BLM organization doesn’t speak for me.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No, African Americans simply don't consume other cultures at the same rate as others consume ours.
nikkas out here snapback, jordan, swaggy trap music and hip hop'd out, speaking french.
Repping American gangs, US Car customization styles, living in a historical AFRICAN AMERICAN neighborhood called Little Burgundy up here.
Montreal JAZZ fest...a genre created in New Orleans by African Americans.
I used to live in Germany, too...heard hip hop for the first time in my early life...outside of America.
Used to ride down to Mexico, since it was an hour away...lowriders with Latino RAP and BLACK OLDIES playing in Ciudad Acuna...
:mjlit:
that's 10 years old breh take it as a compliment. It wasn't always like that.

nikkaz don't care bout montreal jazz fest, if you wanna talk about Jazz and all that you gonna have to take it up with cacs, they been tryna jack that. :skip:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
US blacks influence island jamaicans before they convert to mapleism, and no, there wasn't much Cross Cultural influence as the AA population is spread out.
Most of us outside of the Northeast, Midatlantic, and Miami rarely run into Jamaicans, and our culture was already in play. People want to lay claim to everything.
It's hard for you to imagine it from my view but I go outside and see fake "me" from sunup to sundown....
I visit home and don't see any of the reverse anywhere....
Interesting perspective. I've thought about this often in light of these threads. Everything we do or say and how we dress is AA influenced to a degree. I've always wondered if our daily use of AAVE can be labeled as appropriation. But AA's have to understand that there's privilege and power in American nationalism. Foreign blacks who are raised here or abroad copy AA because of America's global reach.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, I shyt on nikkas who look down on AA like your Haitian cousin that came in here and stated that African Americans from the Midwest, west coast, and the south don't matter.
shut your goofy ass up. I'm done with you. hit the treadmill before you loose a leg fatass.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
that's a new thing

When I moved to Toronto in 97 80 percent of Black people here listened to dancehall, that's all you heard out of cars. Hip hop sets were short in the clubs... I was a minority as a hip hop head back then not to say they didn't exist but that's how strong the yard influence was here. Nobody really said nikka and all that. It was the same in Africa. Bob Marley was king before Pac and Big, yardie culture influenced the youth. To this day Jamaicas one of Jamaicas biggest market for performers is Africa and Kenya specifically. You have current west African music that is Caribbean influenced as well.

Fashion was where the influence was always present from AA's in Canada but in the UK Black people dressed like Jamaicans. It was wallies, tims and sneakers out here... brehs there were rocking the dessert boot and other shyt not a lot of sneakers...

Older generations here today hate seeing the kids imitating AA's because it isn't authentic. It's not like brehs moved here and spread culture, it was picked up via media... But these kids have grown up here 2-3 gens deep now so they not vibing with back home tings like that anymore... Today AA influence is thus stronger. But the world didn't start within the last 10 years so how can I say y'all were always the most influential... that's inaccurate.
Dancehall was influenced by AAs.
The damn Slang Teng "riddim" is a keyboard preset.
R&B changed the pace of ALREADY AA influenced ROCKsteady, and Digital Hip Hop beats influenced early dancehall producers.
First drum machine rap beat came before that keyboard loop, btw.
An actual beat vs a ROCK loop on a japanese keyboard

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
You couldn't say that to a South African breh with a straight face without sounding stupid. They've been dealing with cac transgressions just as long. When I call your gang out for perpetuating victimhood you say it's cac talk but you just tried to monopolize pain and suffering. c'mon now.
Naw, actually I don't discount the SA, and it's reason I'm more inclined to see kinship via direct their experience with WS:troll:
But even then, comparing Apartheid the the BA holocaust & 400 years of Govt sponsored terrorism is moot. With this one, we really take the cake; which actually I surmise is an underlying issue: FB somewhat resent that BA seem to have 'Trump card'(no pun intended) and are seen as the authority when it comes to oppression:ohhh:

Last edited: