A letter to … my wife, who won’t get a job while I work myself to death

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
That lady went to law school to find a husband. That's why she looked "radiant while everyone else looked nervous". She didn't have any worries b/c she already had plans to marry one of them so she wouldn't have to work.

That man wants a less stressful position withouth having to downsize. That is why he wants her to work.

That lady is wrong and lazy. Even if she didn't want to be a lawyer, she could've found something else to do. I probably would've began my own business. They have the money to do it.

He should leave her after the last child turns 18.

He's gotta step back from his ego and be honest with his wife and family. It's clear he's about 4-5 years in with a larger firm. When he started, like all first years, he thought he was hot shyt. After 4-5 years, he senses from the firm that he isn't going to make it to 7 years and become partner and will probably be out within a few months. As such, he looks for any reason to use as an excuse on why he wants to leave his job before he gets let go for the new, shiny first year who is likely 60k per year cheaper.

Nothing but ego. While he was coming up in the firm, I'm sure he bragged and looked down on people who couldn't afford to let their wife stay at home. His letter screams "look at my job" "look at my house" "look at my smart wife". Now that he senses he's about to be let go, he's looking for someone to blame that's not him - in this case, its his wife. Pathetic.

Actually, you're wrong. More like 20 + years (go back and read). & b/c of that, the rest of your little theory is incorrect as well.
You sound stupid as fukk my g my girl stayed home for nearly two years after she had our son and she only went back because she missed it.

This is what the man thought his wife was going to do. He had no problem with her staying at home to take of the kids. The kids are grown now and she's lazy doing nothing, complaining about wanting more money, but doesn't have a job.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
3 kids

I take care of my home but I also have a wife who has goals. My wife doesn't have a job she has a career.

Me having standards as a man means I have no pride?? Thats new to me.

So your wife is a careerwoman, nothing wrong with that. Not all women are though and theres nothing wrong with being a homemaker either thats the point Im making.

Either way that the womans choice, I just think its a weird expectation for a man to have of his wife.

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
That lady went to law school to find a husband. That's why she looked "radiant while everyone else looked nervous". She didn't have any worries b/c she already had plans to marry one of them so she wouldn't have to work.

That man wants a less stressful position withouth having to downsize. That is why he wants her to work.

That lady is wrong and lazy. Even if she didn't want to be a lawyer, she could've found something else to do. I probably would've began my own business. They have the money to do it.

He should leave her after the last child turns 18.

Actually, you're wrong. More like 20 + years (go back and read). & b/c of that, the rest of your little theory is incorrect as well.

This is what the man thought his wife was going to do. He had no problem with her staying at home to take of the kids. The kids are grown now and she's lazy doing nothing, complaining about wanting more money, but doesn't have a job.

Thanks, I re-read the post, and to me is he saying he has at least 25 years to go, not that he's been with her for 25 years. In any case, he didn't stand up for himself, and is not in the least blameless.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
He lawst
He got her acclimated to it being one way and now he wants it to be the other way

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this guy is really 20 years deep into a law firm, he's a partner by now. If it's a BigLaw, or even a mid-sized firm, he's got to be grossing in the high-six figures.
He needs to be investing every cent of that or moving it off-shore for the divorce.
He needs to divorce and go in-House before he kills himself.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
:dead:She is probably being slayed by some nikka who didnt even finish his plumbing course at Everest while ol boy at work

:ufdup:Divorce isnt an option with 3 kids and 20 yrs together the child support and alimony will finish him

:mjpls: This nikkas best bet is to play a long game ...Establish finances that she cant take while waiting till the kids are grown...once the last one leaves he can :cape: outta there

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:dead:She is probably being slayed by some nikka who didnt even finish his plumbing course at Everest while ol boy at work

:ufdup:Divorce isnt an option with 3 kids and 20 yrs together the child support and alimony will finish him

:mjpls: This nikkas best bet is to play a long game ...Establish finances that she cant take while waiting till the kids are grown...once the last one leaves he can :cape: outta there

:deadmanny:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Thanks, I re-read the post, and to me is he saying he has at least 25 years to go, not that he's been with her for 25 years. In any case, he didn't stand up for himself, and is not in the least blameless.
The first child about to go to college soon.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
GMB_zps8ujnuyqx.gif

Giselle

Bushed
Daps

Maybe you should go back and re read it again. He said that she didn't have a job when the kids were born and now the oldest child is in college. He also said that he talked to her about getting a job multiple times starting years ago, but she still doesn't have one.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If I were to ever get married my wife would still have to work. That would be understood. Staying at home would not be an option unless I was DEEP into the millions. Tens at least. Economy is too fragile to pin the fate of a family on one income.

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
The first child about to go to college soon.
Maybe you should go back and re read it again. He said that she didn't have a job when the kids were born and now the oldest child is in college. He also said that he talked to her about getting a job multiple times starting years ago, but she still doesn't have one.

You are right! (yeah, yeah...lol) Thanks. I was just confused. One usually does't last more than 7 years at a firm without partner and buying in (thats US, though). To save my pride, I'm calling :duck: