A letter to … my wife, who won’t get a job while I work myself to death

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I see a lotta black women agreeing with him and a lot of white women agreeing with her. :jbhmm:

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
If the second child is still in grade school, I can understand why the wife is a stay at home mom. I was blessed to have both parents in the home with around the clock care until age 7 and home schooled at one point. She can possibly get a part time job but wouldn't recommend both parents working fulltime unless they are starving. As a lawyer, he knows how tough it is out the the workforce, why would he want to subject his wife to that dog-eat-dog corporate world because he, as the head, allowed the family to exceed their expenses and now since things are troubled don't have much to fall back on. Used to work with a guy whose wife was working towards a doctorate when they first met 20 years ago met. She quit work after their first child and said she would go to work later, then child two and then three came and she is still at home :lolbron:. Soon she will be retirement age and what would be the point of going to work? fukked up part is that he has to cook sometimes but you pretty much know what type of person you are marrying. People generally don't do complete 180 on you out of nowhere unless you are basing your judgement solely on how cute your wife is. He as an able bodied man and I don't feel sympathy for the lawyer. God forbid if he lived during the Great Depression era, especially if he were a black man. Dudes really need to adjust their skirts. Either be an alpha or stfu.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't think anyone is arguing that 2 incomes isn't necessary for most households. The issue here is that he's incredibly unhappy with fulfilling his traditional gender role. Again, the marriage has a very weak foundation, as these are some pretty complex issues that they are not seeing eye to eye on.

The man has been the sole provider of his household for 20 years when it was clearly something he didn't really sign up for. Barring health issues his wife is fully capable of working part time and chooses not to do so, that is selfish.