“A black job is the president and vice president of the United States”- Joe Biden

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
How is it a silly suggestion? He's basically saying that should change. You're reading comprehension is off the chain.

If he's saying it should change that means he doesn't believe that they are black jobs.

Change in this context would mean going from not being black jobs to being black jobs.

It's pretty clear that they aren't black jobs by any stretch of the imagination.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

Black folks refuse to have a serious discussion about this.

We need to have a conversation about economic mobility for ADOS.

This bytch still on John Tantons payroll I see. Still trying to articulate Republican talking point c00nery into pro-black thought. Amazing. It's definitely an election year.

Daps
I'm not being a contrarian for pointing out the obvious. I get that many of you enjoy the feel good rhetoric but each of the roles he mentioned have only ever been held by ONE "black" person in the history of this nation.
ole “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” ass nikka.

dikembe-mutombo-annoyed.gif

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
If he's saying it should change that means he doesn't believe that they are black jobs.

Change in this context would mean going from not being black jobs to being black jobs.

It's pretty clear that they aren't black jobs by any stretch of the imagination.

Before you take over the thread of what is and isn't a black job can you at least set a standard for what qualifies as one?

ie What percentage of the job in question must be held by black people

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do understand the context which is why I'm pointing out how silly the suggestion is.

I dont think you do. He is clearly trying to say black people can do any job,and cant be confined to warehouse,constructions,retail jobs. Not that vice president and president are actually "black jobs".

Its a slick line that doesnt mean shyt in reality. Hes attempting to make it about Trump being racist and reducing black people to certain type of work,rather than address concerns.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kamala Isnt "Black" she's hindu indian

Receipts for being Black Baptist: Her dad is a Black Baptist, her parents met at Berkeley's Afro-American Society where her father was giving a speech, she was raised until 12 in a Black neighborhood where she attended a Black church and spent her free time at the local African-American cultural center, she was one of the Black students in a busing program, her best friend in high school was a Black classmate who was being abused at home so Kamala's family took her in and her and Kamala shared a room together, she went to Howard an HBCU, pledged Alpha Kappa Alpha which is a Black sorority, became president of the UC Hastings chapter of the Black Law Students Association, won the Thurgood Marshall Award from the National Black Prosecutors Association, dated multiple Black men, swore into office on the family Bible, continues to be a member of a Black Baptist church and attend regularly, and has always identified as Black from childhood until now.

“I am black and I am proud of it," she said bluntly. "I was born black and I’ll die black and I am proud of it. And I am not gonna make any excuses for it, for anybody, because they don't understand.”

ST_20200816_XKAMALA5O3N_5890560.jpg
New-Project-9.jpg
960x0.webp
Capture-D-e-cran-2020-10-02-A-11.jpg
38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg
_116583899_kamala1.png
images
Capture-D-e-cran-2020-09-17-A-18-10.jpg
KamalaAndElaine-1037x1254.jpeg
AKA-group-photo.jpg
img-0289.jpg
HUCharterDay-w-linesisters-e1605614357954.jpg

Receipts for being Hindu Indian: Her mom is a Hindu Indian immigrant, she brought her to Hindu temples occasionally as a child, she's visited India a few times but never lived there, and she sometimes identifies as "Black and Indian".

You can say she's "also Indian" if you want, but claiming "she's not Black she's Indian" is just ignorance.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Before you take over the thread of what is and isn't a black job can you at least set a standard for what qualifies as one?

ie What percentage of the job in question must be held by black people

let's say the standard is any meaningful representation in the field beyond being the first. We've only had one ~black vice president and one ~black president. both were firsts.

I dont think you do. He is clearly trying to say black people can do any job,and cant be confined to warehouse,constructions,retail jobs. Not that vice president and president are actually "black jobs".

Black people can do any jobs that anyone else can. Now let's discuss reality the place where we can see which jobs black people are over-represented in holding.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not being a contrarian for pointing out the obvious. I get that many of you enjoy the feel good rhetoric but each of the roles he mentioned have only ever been held by ONE "black" person in the history of this nation.

Man.... you are embarrassing yourself in here. It's STILL going over your head.... Did you even see Trump's comments or what? Clearly, Joe is flipping Trump's comments and saying "look, I want everyone to know that you can be anything, u don't need to limited to what Trump calls 'black jobs' .. there's OPTIONS...and he went on to breakdown legislation that he's proposed and going to be proposing